The DEXTER thread!

^Guys use the spoiler tags please!

Good episode overall. At least a couple of notches better than the past ones. Wonder how they are going to drag it for the next 3 episodes until the season concludes now that the DDK identity is uncovered. :p

I guess that Louis turns out to be the guy who made the bowls of wrath tableau after figuring out who Dexter thought would be the next target coz of the search engine though his motivations are more about screwing with Dexter like Moser. That would at least make that kill look more feasible.

Episode 9 'Get Geller' looked crap. Yea, there was this surprise that Geller is dead and it was Travis who was doing the killings, but how can they make it show real that Geller is around.
At one instance, Dexter and Travis were waiting in the car, waiting for Geller to enter the university to kill that professor. Only when they saw Geller go in, they moved out of the car and followed Geller. Now, what crap is this?

CeDrIc said:
Episode 9 'Get Geller' looked crap. Yea, there was this surprise that Geller is dead and it was Travis who was doing the killings, but how can they make it show real that Geller is around.

At one instance, Dexter and Travis were waiting in the car, waiting for Geller to enter the university to kill that professor. Only when they saw Geller go in, they moved out of the car and followed Geller. Now, what crap is this?
Actually travis saw gellar, and dexter just followed his directions..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

The only way this show can be interesting again is if someone is on to the "Bay Harbor Butcher" aka Dexter. That was the highlight of the show when it first started, Dexter was always on the verge of getting caught and it kept things tense and interesting. I agree that this season has been by far the weakest with absolutely no suspense and a stupid twist which everyone saw coming at the very beginning of the season. I am disappointed because a show like Dexter has immense potential and can probably continue forever if the writing and the plot are tight. Hell, I think even us fans can do a much better job at coming with an interesting edge of the seat stuff.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

CeDrIc said:

Read the last few pages of this thread. We all saw this twist coming many weeks ago. It has also been discussed in detail as to how Geller is just a figment of Travis's imagination. Infact, if you have the earlier episodes, you can rewatch them and notice how Geller has never ever interacted with anyone directly except travis, not even the victims. It was quite clear that he was not real.

This would have been a great twist if it wasn't so obvious and if it wasn't already done to death by countless movies.

If this episode confirmed Gellar's real - that would have been a better twist. Almost everyone knew Gellar was just a imagination. I was expecting it. Maybe the writers wanted to drag it till the end of the season. By reading the viewers comments online they could have revealed it 3 episodes sooner. Now that their big secret is out, i am curious how they will proceed for 3 more episodes.

do you suppose the intern is ice truck killer's son?

episode list 10; richochet rabbit ... 11 ; talk to the hand ( must have something to do with that hand) 12:electric chair ... sounds very exciting

kippu said:
do you suppose the intern is ice truck killer's son?

episode list 10; richochet rabbit ... 11 ; talk to the hand ( must have something to do with that hand) 12:electric chair ... sounds very exciting

LOL are you crazy? Rudy must have become a father at the age of 5 then. :p

The intern seems to have some sort of fetish for those collectibles. Don't suppose there's anything left. I maybe wrong though.

Though its no excuse the shoddy writing for this season according to a thread in imdb, in the next episode

[strike]Quin dies[/strike] :mad:

well now i know what the big deal with the video guy is, dexter asked if him he knew what it is to take a life , i think that makes the video guy to become a bigger serial killer than the others
[/QUOTE]

I think the show has hit a new low. This episode was more like some family drama show. You have got to see this episode. The writers have gone really crazy. The worst season so far.

OK this episode wasn't that bad but wasn't any good for the build up the to the finale like the previous season esp. the one with the Trinity Killer showdown or even the first season. But WTF Dex and Deb? Can she be a bit more mature! :O And I really wish someone effing kill that LaGuerta in the next season.

Looking forward for the finale and it's adieu until October 2012. :p

I'm normally uncomfortable with gore-y stuff. I remember throwing up when I first recharged eve in Bioshock back in the days. But I was fine with the show right until the last episode. Incest is disturbing as it gets. Way to kill our interest, showtime. >_>

So we bid adieu to Dexter for this season. Not really a great season to say the least. But they have ended it in a way that may open new things in next season.
This is what happens at the very end and the episode / season ends...

Dexter Kills Travis on his traditional style, on the table, wrapped in plastic
And this killing is witnessed by Debra

Back