The DEXTER thread!

i'm a father, son and...
3roxF.gif

kill room in the church which is basically the most important crime scene in the season... it was so stupid, initially I was thinking that it had to be some other abandoned church

really?
so deb sees dexter killing travis.....
seriously... wtf is wrong here!!!! omg

i was hoping this 2011 season finale would be soooo much more exciting :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Something else i think was bit not Dextery and would possibly be signifying something....

At the very end when Dexter realizes that Deb has seen her killing Travis, he says "Oh God". Now Dexter is always shown as someone who does not believe in GOD so i was like thinking as to why he said "Oh God" :S

Just completed the season finale episode and I'm DONE. Only a miracle could now revive this (once great) show.

At the very end when Dexter realizes that Deb has seen her killing Travis, he says "Oh God". Now Dexter is always shown as someone who does not believe in GOD so i was like thinking as to why he said "Oh God"

It's not the first time he used the word. Remember the part in episode 4, when the doctor informs Dexter that Harrison is safe? Dexter says "Oh, Thank God" and then slowly realizes he uttered God and then goes on to say "I mean thank you". Doesn't really signify anything. People can utter those words even without believing in god.

Bah.. stupid season. And I thought that 5th was the worst.

Already renewed for Season 7th and 8th. Maybe that's why the writers were in slack mode this season

Just curious:

Did anyone notice how Travis had the box, which was packed by Louis with Brian's hand in it? How in the world did he get that? Did I miss something?

Ethan_Hunt said:
Just curious:

Did anyone notice how Travis had the box, which was packed by Louis with Brian's hand in it? How in the world did he get that? Did I miss something?

Here is your answer...

The Box he got from outside Dexter's house. Possibly the courier guy or that Intern itself delivered it to Dexter's front door.

raksrules said:
The Box he got from outside Dexter's house. Possibly the courier guy or that Intern itself delivered it to Dexter's front door.

Me & my groggy eyes. Not a good combination. Now wonder what's Louis's agenda?

Definitely not the best season, but I wouldn't call it worst either (except the whole Debra/Dexter crap they are pulling off). This season had it's ups and downs and I would generally say overall it was pretty decent. At least I enjoyed it, even though couple of episodes weren't up to the mark. The finale wasn't nail biting but definitely had that "Dexter" moment at the end. If you must, then I would say that Season 3 and Season 5 were the worst seasons, in that order. This season, I would say sits somewhere between those two and amazing 1st, 2nd & 4th seasons.

The thing I noticed about this season however is that, there were lot of subplots, stories and the season ended without ending/explaining those. Louise, Quin's spiraling down, Tension between Quin & Batista etc. are some are at top of my head. But there were some smaller interesting characters/events as well... Matthew's grumpy exit from PD, Deb's psychiatrist also seem like have air of mystery around her (maybe or maybe not, just like the British nanny from earlier seasons). All of this could lead to some interesting situations in the next season. There are lot of open ends left and all this can be very interesting... so I wouldn't lose my hope just yet. :)

Had Deb found out about Dexter in season 5 instead of letting them go, the show would have gone in a much better direction. imo shows ideally should not run more than 5 seasons. Look at himym... sadly its getting unprecedented ratings despite being totally worthless and unfunny since s2.

Why did Batista want to transfer Quinn? Did Quinn not save his life once? Quinn is one lethargic guy and sometimes a PITA but definitely doesn't deserve a transfer. This season qualifies as the most boring one. Dexter's finale generally tends to be epic building up a lot of heat towards the end but this was a let down IMO. Most of us knew what would happen to Travis anyway. The curious-case-of-the-prosthetic-arm is going to make a comeback in the next season methinks.

^ I think they should put the direction of the next season on "Whodunnit" factor (a la first season) than "how-dexter-gets-there" factor of all other seasons. The Trinity season was the only exception where it worked well, but so far the idea is losing out to repeat run of the same ol' same ol'. There is a new serial killer on the block, Dexter is hunting and finding his way to him/them, Dexter gets 'em, kills 'em. Bah. Everyone knows how that is going to turn out. We need some suspense & mystery of the first season, some pressure on Dex from first & second season. We wanna know "What would Dexter do?" than "How would Dexter do?".

As for Batista, I think he did a right thing... Quin had been spiraling down throughout this season after his break-up with Deb and frankly, Quin was the reason Batista got in the jam in the first place. He was not suppose to visit the Doomsday Adam alone, he was supposed to be with his partner. And this wasn't the first screw-up Quin did in this case, first it was the Porter (professor) chick then the whole drunken-lost-his-gun-in-stranger's-car stuff and fistfight over that. I think Batista took a right decision and I think it was more in Quin's own interest to get bit of a chance from Miami PD.

Something although I don't understand (or probably missed it)... how the hell Quin got cleared of the Liddy murder? I mean there were lot of factors that could get him cleared, but there was quite compelling (even though situational) evidence putting him in the spot. Not only that, there wasn't a single mention of Liddy incident at all in this season, it's like it never happened and Quin was back on job from probably short vacation than a suspension or custody. Anyone got any scoop on that?

chiron said:
Had Deb found out about Dexter in season 5 instead of letting them go, the show would have gone in a much better direction. imo shows ideally should not run more than 5 seasons. Look at himym... sadly its getting unprecedented ratings despite being totally worthless and unfunny since s2.

Seinfeld ran for 9 and went out on a high note.Curb just finished 8.If the writers can deliver, no reason why they shouldn't continue.

:no: indeed it was the most boring season of the Dexter series.

there was nothing new and after reading in forums about Prof Gellar, it was really pathetic of them to stretch it till that many episodes and I was like waiting for them to reveal it. Only suspense was when they gonna reveal that.. lol. And the finale was lamest of all. :(

Arun1 said:
Seinfeld ran for 9 and went out on a high note.Curb just finished 8.If the writers can deliver, no reason why they shouldn't continue.

Yeah but they are more of an episodic format and no overall goal/direction other than comedy. Even shows like 24, SFU and Wire got weak seasons by the time they reached S5.

Finally, I finished S6 over 3 days and I got to read this thread. I hadn't opened this thread since I made my last post here
<

Overall I seem to agree with everyone here regarding this being the most worst season in all 6. even season 5 was pretty good compared to this. There were just too many subplots going on. It would've been great if the writers would have expanded on them and somehow woven them into Dexter's main storyline and how it affects him, but come-on, Matthews' premature retirement?? Why was soo much time wasted on that? How will it serve in the larger scheme of things? Debra getting feelings for her own brother?? Geez! This isn't amateur pron. LaGuerta should've been kept as Lieutenant. Her role is just being wasted. Also, Louis initially being a really successful game developer (kick-ass apartment) and then suddenly getting an interest in homicide work and willing to work as a lowly lab assistant? The sub-plots dont seem that interesting and someone rightly pointed out above that since the show has been renewed for a 7th and 8th season, the writers seem to slacking off.

Ok had to bump this up
8 EFFFIN years and he decides to become a lumber jack
Season finale was shitty i mean really shitty.
Such a great series seems like the writers have given up altogether :(

Terrible ending really. Had they skipped on that last sequence, may be the series would have just retained some of its lost glory but no, the writers chose to go that extra mile to ensure that the serial is dead forever! Thanks to the last few seasons, the ratings will go down.

PS: I had a good laugh reading at some of the immature posts I had made in this thread 5 years back! Time sure flies. :p

Back