The DLF IPL 2010 thread

Somehow, if Mumbai had won, I don't think we would all be flooded with this deluge of 'the match is fixed comments'

Even if it was fixed, I'm glad Chennai won. They have been one of the best teams since IPL 1.

Pollard was held till late down the order 'coz Sachin didn't want him facing the spinners. Unfortunately, CSK were playing with 3 genuine and 1 part time spinner, so that left Pollard only 3 overs at the end to play with.

Anyways guys.. I'm really astonished. What is with this match fixing allegations out of the blue..? Is it because MI lost the match..? :p

There is a famous Raj Singh Dungarpur comment made when the Hansie Cronje match fixing scandal broke. He was replying to a query whether Indians were also involved it. And he said (words to the effect):

There's only one Indian cricketer who has the ability to change the fortunes of a match with his performance and that is Sachin Tendulkar. And he is the most honest person you will ever meet. So there's no chance that India is involved in it!

I will never believe that Sachin is involved in match fixing. Yesterday's loss was due to poor strategy of holding Pollard back and ever poorer fielding. Sachin goofed up majorly.

Back