The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Why the 60D? > Best canon Dslr i could buy in my budget (40K)
And Especially why the FZ18? > why not FZ 18 ? 18x, zoom compact , RAW and a good deal from a trusted person :).

Ordered a Philips QG3383 grooming kit from Flipkart a couple of days ago, and received it today. Opted for this mainly because it runs on NiMH battery that can be charged in an hour.
PCcehKhl.jpg

Damages: Rs.3090

The defeat the annoyance of incessant power failures lately in my area:

image00031k.jpg

Damages: 5.2k

Can u tell me the PSU wattage of your CPU, which you use with this UPS and can it handle the load easily? Also let me know all the peripherals attached. I am also looking to buy this, but am bit confused if it can handle my Corsair GS600 easily.

@harshit143: My main system specs are: i5-2500k, Corsair H80, Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R-B3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper, 60GB Mushkin Callisto SSD, Sapphire HD7850, Asus Xonar DX, Corsair GS800, 2-3 HDD's.

The UPS is connected as follows:

Battery and Surge Protection: Main rig (specs above) + 23" Dell LED Monitor + PS3 + Modem + Router.
Surge Protection Only: Logitech Z-5500.

It gives me about 8 minutes of backup time when I'm gaming on my PC and a little bit more at idle which is plenty. I actually needed something to give me about 3-4 minutes of backup in the case of a power-failure till my generator in the house kicks in.

Last edited by a moderator:
@harshit143: My main system specs are: i5-2500k, Corsair H80, Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R-B3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper, 60GB Mushkin Callisto SSD, Sapphire HD7850, Asus Xonar DX, Corsair GS800, 2-3 HDD's.

Battery and Surge Protection: Main rig (specs above) + 23" Dell LED Monitor + PS3 + Modem + Router.

It gives me about 8 minutes of backup time when I'm gaming on my PC and a little bit more at idle which is plenty. I actually needed something to give me about 3-4 minutes of backup in the case of a power-failure till my generator in the house kicks in.

Thats great. I also dont need backup, i just need the system should not at all fluctuate when sudden power failure occurs. The load i will connect is just half of yours which just include a system with Corsair GS600, Dell 22" LED and maybe a 2.1 speaker system.
So, will surely buy the UPS. Thanks.

do the ups have IEC320 output ports instead of conventional 3pin output? If yes, then how can all the components be connected to the UPS?

TVS Keyboard.. ;)

From a Logitech G15 to a Logitech G19 and then this! Thing is built like a tank.

@harshit143: It has 3 battery back-up and surge protector connectors available at the back. If you need more connection points for more devices just attach a power-strip to it and use that (I use a Belkin one and it's working well). Just make sure that the total load doesn't exceed 600 Watts.

Back