CPU : Dual Intel Xeon E5 2650 v3
RAM: Crucial 64GB DDR4 (16x4)
GPU: nVidia GTX 1080
Mobo: Supermicro X10DAi
Cooler: Corsair H80i Liquid cooling x2
HDDs: 500GB SSD, 2TB HDD
PSU: FSP Aurum PT 1200W
Case: Corsair Graphite 760T Arctic White

Sweet - I assume this is for rendering right? 20 cores/40 threads sounds ultra cool if you have the right applications to use them. Why did you not get a quadro?

Sweet - I assume this is for rendering right? 20 cores/40 threads sounds ultra cool if you have the right applications to use them. Why did you not get a quadro?
Thanks, yes you're right. Now rendering is super fast :D
Quadro is a waste of money as most 3d apps work fine with GTX cards. But the real reason why I chose GTX is because I'm planning to use some nVidia Cuda based applications - Octane/Redshift Render. :)

Thanks, yes you're right. Now rendering is super fast :D
Quadro is a waste of money as most 3d apps work fine with GTX cards. But the real reason why I chose GTX is because I'm planning to use some nVidia Cuda based applications - Octane/Redshift Render. :)
Depends on what kind of accuracy you are looking for in your viewports. Cuda support doesn't exist on GTX cards now by default in the game ready drivers.

However there are 3rd party ways to re-enable it - at least on maxwell. Not sure of pascal.

Depends on what kind of accuracy you are looking for in your viewports. Cuda support doesn't exist on GTX cards now by default in the game ready drivers.

However there are 3rd party ways to re-enable it - at least on maxwell. Not sure of pascal.
Yes, but usually most 3d artists doesn't need extreme precision for most of the 3D works, GTX cards do the job well most of the time. I've seen many CG artists share this same opinion.
Some new GPU based renderers like Octane use the full power of GTX cards, and the cost is very low compared to a couple of quadros.

Best wireless headphones I've used recently, its a steal at 2.5k..
Though Bass is slightly overpowered for my taste, but can be adjusted easily & overall a great pair of headphones.
Superb cool design, great battery life , recommended from my side.
Source please :)

Back