The "Everyday" show-off thread !

@amey ,in which bike/caar is this going in ? , happy spraying :D . pic of the bike please .Do you have a log or blog of this mod to track ?

Damages ? .

^^wow interesting can you please tell what each part is.

i think the first and the second picture at the second row are kind of cylinder parts isnt it?

Here is a list of all the parts you see in the pics,

K1 Forged Connecting rods
DIYPNP standalone engine management system ( Unassembled)
Innovate Wideband O2 sensor with controller
Wiseco forged pistons with piston pins,rings etc.
Mishimoto intercooler
TRE high pressure fuel pump motor ( 255LPH ;) )
Billet Aluminium high pressure fuel rail

@amey ,in which bike/caar is this going in ? , happy spraying . pic of the bike please .Do you have a log or blog of this mod to track ?
Damages ? .
This is going in my project lancer where I am using the Cedia 2.0L engine.
I have a dedicated thread for this project at Tbhp in the modification section.

Damages,
Well....here is a list once again,

K1 Forged Connecting rods - 400$
DIYPNP standalone engine management system ( Unassembled) - 450$
Innovate Wideband O2 sensor with controller - 200$
Wiseco forged pistons with piston pins,rings etc. - 450$
Mishimoto intercooler - 290$
TRE high pressure fuel pump motor - 100$
Billet Aluminium high pressure fuel rail - 100$

Amey said:
Damages,
Well....here is a list once again,

K1 Forged Connecting rods - 400$
DIYPNP standalone engine management system ( Unassembled) - 450$
Innovate Wideband O2 sensor with controller - 200$
Wiseco forged pistons with piston pins,rings etc. - 450$
Mishimoto intercooler - 290$
TRE high pressure fuel pump motor - 100$
Billet Aluminium high pressure fuel rail - 100$

Damn, that's quite an expense there Amey sir! :O

Best wishes for the Project Lancer-X! :eek:hyeah:

Thanks dude :) (I kinda like the feeling when I give in to my impulses :p)

Check few pics here:

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

DSC00138.jpg

On another note, this upgrade is of no use.......really !

I could install Win7 x64 in like 15 minutes, end to end. Saving of like 5 minutes ?

Applications do load faster but trust me, nothing that can make you awe-struck. Better but not good enough.

Here are few benchmarks:

IntelX25V.png

And for the sake of comparison, here are the similar benchmarks for the WD 500AAKS:

WD500AAKS.png

I guess I am gonna buy OCZ Vertex 60GB or Intel X35M 80GB for my netbook, next.

Vasishta.Sushant said:
Got myself Intel X25-V, 40GB SSD. As always, didn't need it. Just bought it to see whats all the hoopla about these SSDs :p

How much did you pay for it ? I'm slightly underwhelmed by mine too but I guess in a notebook compared to the low rpm drives it would make a difference

I paid like 7200 INR. Bought it off ebay.

Do you have the same 40GB thing ? I am planning to get one for my netbook. The 80GB costs too much and the 40GB wont serve my purpose of a netbook (my primary download rig). Not sure about going ahead.

Vasishta.Sushant said:

Do you have the same 40GB thing ? I am planning to get one for my netbook. The 80GB costs too much and the 40GB wont serve my purpose of a netbook (my primary download rig). Not sure about going ahead.

there you have your answer..
it translates to me as NO

Vasishta.Sushant said:

hi awesome purchase. i too was considering to get a ssd but havent decided yet.

is this the same 1 you got?
Intel X25-V 2.5 40GB SSDSA2MP040G2R5 SATA Solid State Drive -

Vasishta.Sushant said:

Congrats man! Totally worth it. :)

I might jump to the SSD bandwagon but expecting SSDs based on the sandforce 1200 based controllers to hit Indian markets. :p

Well not much here. But more of system clean-up, and a CPU change.

So finally I laid hands on a 2nd hand Q9550. This is the last breath I can blow into my system. Also at the same time decided to service my system. It had not been properly cleaned out past 11 months. Temperatures were soaring .Specially the GPU. The GPU memories were idling at 86C...!

Q9550 [E0]: RS 8100 (shipped). TE deal. 4 months old, with mild OC

2x Scythe Ultra Kaze 3000RPM 120mm Fans - RS 1300. Phoenix deal.

1000911x.jpg

The Kaze fans are really thick. Around 38mm in width. See below next to a standard CM 120mm fan.

1000954w.jpg

So I dismantled the system. See the condition of the Hyper 212. Yuck. Ugggh....!

1000924w.jpg

Post cleaning and scrubbing off the guck, it looks much better, and suited for its purpose.

1000926w.jpg

A well cleaned HSF contact surface, ready to be bolted down.

1000936v.jpg

Some 'TIM' tools which will of course come in handy.

1000940b.jpg

Cleaned out the front and rear fan filters. They were just a big mess too.

1000953v.jpg

1000958i.jpg

The Quad is ready -- all TIM'ed and and bolted down. Yea...!

1000943m.jpg

Stick the thermal diode on the RAM before docking it. Quite a pain else.

1000959w.jpg

Open up the GPU. Oooh..so many screws. Groan. Need a thin Phillips too. Really thin, specially to remove the HSF back plate. Likely I had a precision set.

The TIM on the GPU HSF has hardened and dried out. Also it is pretty apparent that the accelerator came with way too much TIM applied from the factory. See that amount. Gosh. The RAM thermal pads are a sorry mess. No wonder my GPU memory temperatures were so so high.

1000961h.jpg

The GPU core, is not better off. Again too much TIM. Seems like an automated process. Receive, squirt, next.

1000962q.jpg

The harsh conditions of New Delhi, have been no less lenient with the squirrel fan and shroud. Come dust come.

1000965.jpg

The core cooler, now all cleaned and dandy. Sweet. Am ready to sweat it out.

1000966z.jpg

So, the easiest way to put this device back together -- was to apply TIM on the cooler, and THEN place the GPU PCB slowly on top. So the GPU cooler was TIM'ed, and NOT the GPU core. No offense, but just a grain should suffice. Guess I plonked a tad too much. Best of luck HD4890. By the way had to do these steps twice, for obvious reasons...!

1000968.jpg

Not OC'ed the CPU as yet. For some reason RealTEMP is not working on my system. Though did run a Vantage Bench, the CPU score shot up like hell. Lets see how far I can take this beast. The GPU temperatures are now 61/65 [core/memory] compared to 68/86. Wow.

Back