The "Everyday" show-off thread !

@Tenida just use one single sheet rolling from top behind till the front end of the box. I tried to make a light box last weekend and was pretty happy with the results.
Will post few of them here later.
You can see the Marcus fenix statue pic which I posted on the previous page was taken using the same light box.
Keep playing with it and you will love it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
20th Anniversary Game Boy Micro Famicom version. Used, of course. New ones cost more than I was willing to pay.

I made a Lightbox for product capturing. Here's some pics
Will buy black and white chart paper tomorrow :)

These 2 are just superb ! Kudos guys. :hail:

Good deal, I guess I'll be going for the Tamron first. Any particular reason you chose the D5100 over the D3200? They are almost in the same price range IINM. Unfortunately I couldn't get the cam today. Tomorrow hopefully :)

OT : Can anyone guide me to a Tamron dealer around Borivali in Mumbai?
D5100 has AEB and a swivel screen (which can sometimes be really helpful if you're a newbie and trying to take a difficult shot). Plus doing some comparisons online, most came to the conclusion that the PQ of D5100 is marginally better than D3200. I really didn't had much use for a 24 MP camera, so went with an old fav ! :D

Also got somethingies for my love:

FVRb3.jpg

Also a Slik-730 (stock image)

trislikf730_head.jpg

Shutterbug

Picked up the Sony CyberShot DSC-HX10V from Vijay Sales today for 16.6k with free hdmi cable, carry case and 4gb card. Flipkart also lists it for 16.6k but unsure whether it includes the freebies.

Attachments

• WP_000191_skydrive.jpg
    WP_000191_skydrive.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 156
After a lot of contemplation on whether to get a dedicated NAS, decided to just change out the internals of my old file server PC

HDDs.jpg

@bottle, damages and post some working pics of the whole setup.
Do review the WD Red NAS Edition. Why crucial 64gb?
What purpose of NAS? Audio NAS or Hi Def NAS or others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone, these drives are replacing existing drives in a PC with 2x1TB and 1x750gig all 3 which have bad sectors. The ssd will replace a 160gb ide boot drive :p

bottle: That's a NAS is it?

EDIT: Just now read above it's a file server you have there. So it's primarily for data/media storage? Can you post some details about the system, like do you keep it on 24/7 or do you switch it on as and when you require it for backing up your stuff?

bottle: That's a NAS is it?

EDIT: Just now read above it's a file server you have there. So it's primarily for data/media storage? Can you post some details about the system, like do you keep it on 24/7 or do you switch it on as and when you require it for backing up your stuff?

Yup primarily for data storage, and will turn on as and when I need to access something from it and turn it off when not needed.

Yup primarily for data storage, and will turn on as and when I need to access something from it and turn it off when not needed.

Absolutely perfect! I need to ask you certain things about it because I have been wanting to build exactly something like this for a few months now. May I send you a PM with few questions regarding the plausibility of the build I want and a few questions regarding it tomorrow?

Absolutely perfect! I need to ask you certain things about it because I have been wanting to build exactly something like this for a few months now. May I send you a PM with few questions regarding the plausibility of the build I want and a few questions regarding it tomorrow?

Sure no probs

Back