The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Its pretty good actually. Haven't found any major downsides. The screen is definitely the best I have ever used on a mobile device. Sound is probably a bit low but I don't think its physically possible to fit better speakers in such a small device. Form factor is really good for seeing movies. 8.4 inches seems like the perfect size to me. Haven't used the GSM part or had the chance to test the battery life yet. I like the leather like finish on the back, makes it look premium. Samsung also seems to have cut down on their bloatware quite a bit (the last Samsung device I used was a Note 1). Camera is the standard 8 MP one from Samsung which I guess is the same one that the Note 2 etc. had. I bought it from Hong Kong and it costed me roughly 23k. I went to the shop to purchase the Xiaomi MiPad which was available for about 17 k but it's build quality was quite poor. Also they were pre production units that Xiaomi has released, and there is no GPS support either. So I ended up buying this.

Last edited:
Second one bites the dust.

I31C6LR.jpg
From where and damages

I've got a same watch...

Thanks Ravi.
I think it's alright to say that many peeps were surprised when Nikon launched this prime. Cheap, fast and specially for DX lenses. Also got it for 6.7k (vs ~9k for which it goes generally. Amazon India offer via some seller selling only 2-3 pieces). Had a bit of a trouble using it indoors due to no VR, but quickly got used to it. Plus since it opens upto 1.8, can use high shutter speeds. Overall, very impressive for it's price. And sharp ! :joyful:[DOUBLEPOST=1405257661][/DOUBLEPOST]Bit of a late update.

4CKsH2l.jpg

nMrrNp3.jpg

NioCMuK.jpg

ENd00UI.jpg

3 HDMI ports at the back (not in picture).

32 inches. 16k only. :p

From where?

New laptop - Asus ROG G56JR - Full HD IPS display, Core i7 4700HQ, 8GB DDR3L (upgraded to 16GB), GTX 760M, excellent touchpad and keyboard, all aluminium etc.

Soon changing to a crucial mx100 SSD and use the 1TB HDD for storage.

But why? :S
Not like you plan to lug it around.. or do you :eek:

Cool! I have been using an Aeropress and have been thinking about getting a Moka pot for the weekend. Ordered a grinder, that gets here on Monday.

Cool, i'm waiting to see if I actually use these regularly, then I would also get an aeropress.

Which grinder are you getting? I'm currently using an old mixer-grinder :)

Cool, i'm waiting to see if I actually use these regularly, then I would also get an aeropress.

Which grinder are you getting? I'm currently using an old mixer-grinder :)

The Aeropress is quite quick to use and easy to clean and has already saved me a lot of money.

I ordered the Hario Skerton. Should last me a couple of years at least. Supposed to work reasonably well for finer grinds (Aeropress, Moka pot, etc) but not so much for coarser grinds. (French press)

So while waiting for the Mi3 to be delivered, got the Xiaomi 10400 Power Bank from Ebay ( http://www.ebay.in/itm/271499716397?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 )
While I was skeptical while ordering, the seller claims to have sold 200+ pieces and has an excellent feedback profile. Used the Axis code and got it delivered in 2 days for 1100 bucks.
1st impressions:
U1hMEXx.jpg

Comes with a scratch code which can be used to check the authenticity of the product. One can check the code @ http://order.mi.com/service/dyscode
Checked and it showed a green arrow. So the product is genuine !
On removing the satin-ish foil (really amazing packing; feels very premium), this is what you see:
q3gnNlz.jpg

Contents:

eEV9DWE.jpg

The ports are covered:

3K6t4Ic.jpg

As seen from this thread - http://en.miui.com/thread-19104-1-1.html - one can easily make out between fake and genuine Mi Power banks. Here are the ports from the one I received:

BYRGzO2.jpg

Device is very minimalistic. Just a "Mi" in the front and "Xiaomi" at the back:

IppLAHk.jpg

With the supplied Xiaomi cover (random color):

v4tPJ2i.jpg

Came with just 1 light on (so 20% or so charged). Have kept it on charging.
Overall, very very surprised. Cheap. Excellent build quality. No creaks, nothing. Looks fab. Will update on performance as and when I use it.

Also got a tee from Unmonkey:

10ealb4.jpg

phO26yG.jpg

Pretty neat. Thinner than the Redwolf ones (I prefer these).
Wait for Mi3 continues. :([DOUBLEPOST=1406048693][/DOUBLEPOST]Just a quick update. Charged the Mi PB to full. Now charging my Moto G. Charging as good as a wall charger (rated output is 2.1A). 1%/min charging speed (checked at 2 mins and 5 mins intervals; Battery Monitor Widget) while using the phone (screen on). Neat !
Edit: Goal is to charge Moto G 5 times from this bank (as G's battery is 2070 mAh and PB is 10400 mAh).
Edit 2: A good breakdown from HardwareZone SG: http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/review-xiaomis-10400mah-mi-power-bank-review-and-teardown-s14-crazy
More realistic review here, specially wrt the 93% efficiency: http://www.theborneopost.com/2014/06/30/xiaomi-10400mah-mi-power-bank-review/

Last edited:
Just a crude benchmark

Starting of charging:
xRbZw2H.png

22 mins in:
EJZsG4d.png

So 19 odd percent in 22 mins. Not bad !
From what I've read, the battery flow depicted is NOT the charging current but the current usage by the phone, but then it shows +48%/h, so it has to be the charging value, eh ? Either ways, that means max 2 hours to charge 2070mAh to full. That's as good as the 2A Samsung wall charger ! Brilliant !
Also tagging @Spacescreamer :p[DOUBLEPOST=1406055542][/DOUBLEPOST]So charging done.
Started from:
xRbZw2H.png

to full:
0zUcvgS.png

It still shows charging but Android OS shows charged:
IpZm7N5.png

So 2010-462= 1548mAh in 110 mins (so around 14mAh or 0.7%/min) - all the while I was using the phone - continuous Whatsapp/Gtalk, some photos clicked (and uploaded) and on call.

Last edited:
Back