The "Everyday" show-off thread !

@toxicdrift

2 questions:

1) Why did you opt for this over the competition? Hopefully you can save me some research :D:D
2) Were there any drawback in the "Pay Later" plan? Assuming you considered it.

Thanks!

i was considering a car under 30L, when u narrow it down to that budget there is really no competition for the superb, camry hybrid goes upwards of 32lacs, accord (already own a 08 model) and passat have been discontinued, this also has the maximum space available, all other cars once u sit in the superb feel cramped, even my 520d feels cramped. and once i drove the petrol and saw the full black alcantara interiors, i was sold. only thing i hated about the current gen skoda's is the ivory interiors. and since this is a 2015 model superb and the final spec of the current gen, all the issues with older superbs have been sorted. the new one will cost 40 up for the DSG models (at that price i would consider going Merc, Volvo, etc). and on top of all this i got a killer discount which made it a no brainer. :)

i honestly did not inquire about the pay later plan. so i wont be able to answer your question. every brand is offering a payment plan these days, some may work for u, some may not.

i was considering a car under 30L, when u narrow it down to that budget there is really no competition for the superb, camry hybrid goes upwards of 32lacs, accord (already own a 08 model) and passat have been discontinued, this also has the maximum space available, all other cars once u sit in the superb feel cramped, even my 520d feels cramped. and once i drove the petrol and saw the full black alcantara interiors, i was sold. only thing i hated about the current gen skoda's is the ivory interiors. and since this is a 2015 model superb and the final spec of the current gen, all the issues with older superbs have been sorted. the new one will cost 40 up for the DSG models (at that price i would consider going Merc, Volvo, etc). and on top of all this i got a killer discount which made it a no brainer. :)

i honestly did not inquire about the pay later plan. so i wont be able to answer your question. every brand is offering a payment plan these days, some may work for u, some may not.
+1
There's no competition from Luxury brands like Merc,BMW,etc in that range to Superb.

A friend who bought it last month was enlightening me with the same research.

For what it offers @ that price point is just awesome.

Did you consider the Volvo V40 cross country T4? 180bhp 1.6L Ecoboost engine with a 217bhp polestar map available from the manufacturer, a 6 speed Powershift (Volvo's version of DSG) gearbox, tonnes of safety equipment and sublime to drive.

Of course it is not as big as a superb but it beats everything else in the price range for the drive experience. I booked one on thursday. After the year end discounts, it comes very close to the 30L budget.

320D also has big discounts going right now as it is on its way out. Last I heard, they were offering it for 7L off.

Did you consider the Volvo V40 cross country T4? 180bhp 1.6L Ecoboost engine with a 217bhp polestar map available from the manufacturer, a 6 speed Powershift (Volvo's version of DSG) gearbox, tonnes of safety equipment and sublime to drive.

Of course it is not as big as a superb but it beats everything else in the price range for the drive experience. I booked one on thursday. After the year end discounts, it comes very close to the 30L budget.

320D also has big discounts going right now as it is on its way out. Last I heard, they were offering it for 7L off.

Postsales of Skoda is bad. The superb we have in the house since 2014 is barely usable today.

Did you consider the Volvo V40 cross country T4.

Congratulations Chaos, yes me and my wife did see the car, and absolutely loved it. If i wasn't looking at a car to be chauffeur driven and for family use .. i would have probably picked the v40, but considering the use of this car, it made more sense for me to get the superb.

Congratulations Chaos, yes me and my wife did see the car, and absolutely loved it. If i wasn't looking at a car to be chauffeur driven and for family use .. i would have probably picked the v40, but considering the use of this car, it made more sense for me to get the superb.
Thanks! Still waiting for loan and stuff to clear. Shall put up a thread once the car arrives.

For a chauffeur driven car, v40 makes no sense. The superb/camry is the most sensible car to get in that case.

Minor Damages for a lot of Happiness :D:D
28vya3b.jpg

6xryj7.jpg

Source - http://sevenpromises.com

Last edited:
OT - Looks like you guys have been around luxury cars. I would like to know which car has good front seats. I can't afford to buy a luxury car right now but I am thinking of retrofitting good luxury seats, especially with good lumbar support and electronically adjustable, in my car. I might go and try a few out but your inputs will be much appreciated. I can start a new thread if need be.

OT - Looks like you guys have been around luxury cars. I would like to know which car has good front seats. I can't afford to buy a luxury car right now but I am thinking of retrofitting good luxury seats, especially with good lumbar support and electronically adjustable, in my car. I might go and try a few out but your inputs will be much appreciated. I can start a new thread if need be.
Buy recaros. However the ride depends more on your car's suspension than seats. What care do you drive?

Buy recaros. However the ride depends more on your car's suspension than seats. What care do you drive?
Recaros are more towards sporty look and feel. Plus original Recaros are hugely expensive. I was thinking of getting luxury leather seats off some salvaged cars instead. My car is a Fiat Palio. I don't have any issues with ride characteristics. Just needed a more comfortable seat with good lumbar support/adjustments for long journeys. I am gonna do some research on my own and maybe put up a thread if I am successful in the retrofit.

Recaros are more towards sporty look and feel. Plus original Recaros are hugely expensive. I was thinking of getting luxury leather seats off some salvaged cars instead. My car is a Fiat Palio. I don't have any issues with ride characteristics. Just needed a more comfortable seat with good lumbar support/adjustments for long journeys. I am gonna do some research on my own and maybe put up a thread if I am successful in the retrofit.

problem is getting the width sorted as palio might not have enough space for the width of another seat, recaro's will fit easily.. better option for u is to look at a sofa maker /modifier and change the current foam to a better quality one. would be cheaper aswell, plus making the electronics work might not be as easy as u think.. and when they do conk off its expensive to fix them.. a recaro duplicate would also be a good option, check the fb pages for jeep and 4x4 india, they have some good options being sold for gypsy and other models. you will get two seats for the price of one recaro.

Back