The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Black friday loot has started to roll in :D

FXItfe0.jpg

I think I read somewhere that for using as Plex Server you need the 500GB HDD or so. Adding USB is not considered as a part of primary storage and so PLEX server cannot be used.
When I tried setting up without my network drive ( 4tb connected to R7000 router) it did let me run the configuration wizard and I was able to setup, only problem I have with is tidal, it works fine on my phone though

What's the use of Shield TV ? Can anybody explain please ?
Streaming, has a wide codec support so most of the file formats are playable, dolby vision and atmos support, it let's you play games as well if you have steam on same network, you can connect multiple USB /NAS devices and play files, it has chromecast inbuilt , google assistant built in, this is a one stop solution for people with 4k TVs

Streaming, has a wide codec support so most of the file formats are playable, dolby vision and atmos support, it let's you play games as well if you have steam on same network, you can connect multiple USB /NAS devices and play files, it has chromecast inbuilt , google assistant built in, this is a one stop solution for people with 4k TVs
I've an LG TV, and all native apps run great (4k, DV, HDR10 etc). The missing Apple TV is supplied by FS 4k version (again, in 4k, HDR etc). The TV supports the formats which I view (x265, HDR10 etc) via USB.
Any use case for peeps like me ? I don't game on Steam anymore.
Have heard a lot about Shield, but struggle to find usability with my current setup.
Any recommendations ?

I've an LG TV, and all native apps run great (4k, DV, HDR10 etc). The missing Apple TV is supplied by FS 4k version (again, in 4k, HDR etc). The TV supports the formats which I view (x265, HDR10 etc) via USB.
Any use case for peeps like me ? I don't game on Steam anymore.
Have heard a lot about Shield, but struggle to find usability with my current setup.
Any recommendations ?
I own an LG C8 Oled, firetv 4k has issues with H265 codec and also with atmos audio, firetv does have it's own issues with regards to codecs and playability , the inbuilt playback capability on tv has issues where it doesn't play audio but plays video fine, if you have latest apple tv then I believe you can skip this, but this is awesome when it comes to speed and kodi is flawless

I own an LG C8 Oled, firetv 4k has issues with H265 codec and also with atmos audio, firetv does have it's own issues with regards to codecs and playability , the inbuilt playback capability on tv has issues where it doesn't play audio but plays video fine, if you have latest apple tv then I believe you can skip this, but this is awesome when it comes to speed and kodi is flawless
I've the same TV. Never had issues playing any 4k HDR file off HDD or NAS.
And the same stick too. Again, no issues.
Guess Shield is not for me.

I've the same TV. Never had issues playing any 4k HDR file off HDD or NAS.
And the same stick too. Again, no issues.
Guess Shield is not for me.
There are certain large files which dont play, i have 3 such tvs and those files dont play , though i can play them fine on a PC or Shield TV pro , if you have a Apple tv youre good

Last edited:
There are certain large files which dont play, i have 3 such tvs and those files dont play , though i can play them fine on a PC or Shield TV pro , if you have a Apple tv youre good
Large files as in ? I've played 40-50 gb files easily via C8.
The only issue is UTF encoded subs are the only ones supported. Not hard to find though. Else never had any problem playing anything on C8.

Large files as in ? I've played 40-50 gb files easily via C8.
The only issue is UTF encoded subs are the only ones supported. Not hard to find though. Else never had any problem playing anything on C8.

Large files as in 60-70gb and above titles with dolby vision/ atmos , my AVR doesn't detect atmos playback when I play via tv but with shield it works fine

Back