The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Its a 1200W 80 Plus Platinum PSU. It does not even get warm under full load.
Still it's better to let the HDDs breathe on top and bottom.
My suggestion would be to stack up leaving atleast 5mm of air gap between the HDDs and PSU.
Even with thumb screws(insulated) like this would do;

Attachments

• 20200504_115556.jpg
    20200504_115556.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 284
  • 20200504_115625.jpg
    20200504_115625.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 290
I need to make a cage to hold the hard drives, they'll stay on top of the PSU.

Can you elaborate on your statement?
The psu temps and vibration will kill that hdd sooner. And it not at all a good idea to simply left the hdd on psu or any fans or vibrating stuff and instead fix it in its proper bay.
+ the gpu hot air will blow directly on the hdd resulting in increased temps.
IMPO that location hdd itself is disastrous.

Last edited:
I have one of these in my Elite 130 file server build.

You can strip the 5.25 front fascia and attach the metal frame only for the HDDs in the empty space before the PSU.

If you can get someone to make a metal frame with those dimensions it would be far cheaper as well.

If you are hardcore about color coordination(I noticed the cable mods :p) then you can spray paint it white as well.

The psu temps and vibration will kill that hdd sooner. And it not at all a good idea to simply left the hdd on psu or any fans or vibrating stuff and instead fix it in its proper bay.
+ the gpu hot air will blow directly on the hdd resulting in increased temps.
IMPO the location of that itself is disastrous.

The PSU vibration is a major issue but the GPU is a blower style one The intake is pulling air from the top of the HDDs and dumping it outside the case.
GPU doesn't seem like a major concern here.

Time to do some covid cleaning!

Before. Having 3 huge intake fans without filters is a bad idea

rOBdtqt.jpg

xkxmtli.jpg

D3YKBxo.jpg

After. I managed to put my head in front of the heatsink and blow all dust from its fins. Pros of having such a huge empty space inside the case I guess

HZPYmhV.jpg

Added back the RGB strips after painting the case. I got a roll of thermally conductive double sided tape meant to stick LEDs so it worked out perfect.

PZ88Hn4.jpg

The tape was too wide and had to do some trimming

aABfkGe.jpg

End result :

jDALwno.jpg

Yeah lights were way too bright. turned them off for good :p

0KLmYEf.jpg

Ok why don't you just buy a new case ?
You've got a new Ryzen build paired with a 5700 and a 1200w PSU and aftermarket cables, you don't use the 5.25 and 3.5 bays, nor do you need space for a radiator since you've gone for air cooling.
Unless you're emotionally attached to that case/run out of money I don't understand why you keep tinkering with it.
There are lots of good options for 4-5k from Phanteks/TT/NZXT with dust filters, do your build some justice.

The PSU vibration is a major issue but the GPU is a blower style one The intake is pulling air from the top of the HDDs and dumping it outside the case.
Yes, but I"m talking in general terms. None of that space is ever suitable for any storage devices esp. magnetic ones.

I have one of these in my Elite 130 file server build.

You can strip the 5.25 front fascia and attach the metal frame only for the HDDs in the empty space before the PSU.

The case came with a CM 4 in 3. I have two more in the stacker as well as one brand new in box up the attic. FWIW I cannot feel any vibrations from the PSU, both hard drives have a layer of vibration damping material, it also creates a gap between them for airflow. Its not obvious in the pics though

Ok why don't you just buy a new case ?
You've got a new Ryzen build paired with a 5700 and a 1200w PSU and aftermarket cables, you don't use the 5.25 and 3.5 bays, nor do you need space for a radiator since you've gone for air cooling.
Unless you're emotionally attached to that case/run out of money I don't understand why you keep tinkering with it.
There are lots of good options for 4-5k from Phanteks/TT/NZXT with dust filters, do your build some justice.

Here's a clue on whats coming next. Check the last pic in this post

I have 2x 360mm radiators and 1x 240mm radiator which will go into this case soon and hence all the empty space up front. There is no case out there, stock or moddable which can take so much hardware and still be so compact.

If you see this post you will see that I have space constraints and I cannot have a case larger than what I have now.

Whats the total damage bro? Looking for a similar build..
MSI Tomahawk Max = 10.2k
RYzen 3600 = 15.5k
RTX 2060 = 26.3k.
TD500 Mesh = 7.5k
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000 Mhz = 8k
MSI MAG241C = 17.3K
Wraith Prism (bought from a friend because it was lying ununsed) = 2.5k.
GK61 Keyboard (in transit from meckeys.com) = 3.6k.
CoolerMaster Halo 120mm RGB Exhaust fan = 1.5k.
Antec PSU 650 W = 6.7k
Offbeats RGB Mousepad full table = 1.4k

Total cost approx 1 Lac. (Already had HDD + 2SSD so haven't included cost of that).

Got the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 lite today. Pre ordered on 16th shipped on 18 th , received today. Two problems Spen tip seems damaged out of the box and IMEI not registering for the galaxy buds offer

Attachments

• 20200624_171302.jpg
    20200624_171302.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 20200624_170801.jpg
    20200624_170801.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 235
  • 20200624_171212.jpg
    20200624_171212.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 230
So cool! Which clone is this one? And how do we get it in India?

This is clone from Kevcases on Taobao. Loque - designer and producer of Ghost S1, have made their design open source. One can even 3D print it.

I am in HK, so sourcing is pretty simple for me. For India, I think one must get hold of shipping forwarder from Guangzhou/Dongguan, China.

MSI Tomahawk Max = 10.2k
RYzen 3600 = 15.5k
RTX 2060 = 26.3k.
TD500 Mesh = 7.5k
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000 Mhz = 8k
MSI MAG241C = 17.3K
Wraith Prism (bought from a friend because it was lying ununsed) = 2.5k.
GK61 Keyboard (in transit from meckeys.com) = 3.6k.
CoolerMaster Halo 120mm RGB Exhaust fan = 1.5k.
Antec PSU 650 W = 6.7k
Offbeats RGB Mousepad full table = 1.4k

Total cost approx 1 Lac. (Already had HDD + 2SSD so haven't included cost of that).
did you bought parts locally or online? can you mention from where.

did you bought parts locally or online? can you mention from where.

Prices have gone up significantly post lockdown. There appears to be some price gouging just like how the floods affected HDD prices a few years ago, only this time around all component prices have been jacked up especially when people cannot go to shops.
These were the lowest quotes I got online for some of these parts as of last week, price in brackets includes quotes I got for the same in March on Lamington Road.
R5 3600 - 16k (14.5k)
B450 Steel Legend - 9k (8.2k)
B450 Tomahawk Max - 11k (10k)

I finally settled on 3600 + ASRock B450m Pro4-F + 2x8GB Gammix D30 3200 MHz for 29.2k

Last edited:
Back