The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Depending on your budget they aren't the best even for listening to certain genres of music, I've gone through a pair of BX5 D2's and Rokit G3's and I'd never recommend them only for media consumption, you're better off with a 2.1 system like the Z623.

I could never stand the sound on most multimedia speakers, and again even most HT systems. There is no warmth or depth, just a lot of exaggerated bass and treble with jarring mids if turned up. With my hearing the way it is now, i need extremely clear speech and dialogue at very low volumes. I can't really listen to most music, any constant sound tends to aggravate the hyperacusis. Weird tracks like this one are bearable.

Those are studio monitors designed to sound flat and neutral, not exactly the best for movies or games.
Flat and neutral makes all the flaws in tracks more prominent, great for production and mixing ofc.

You'd actually be quite surprised, but these are great for movies. And being an audio engineer myself, i prefer a flat and neutral sound, because that actually a better reflection of what the mixing/mastering engineers have achieved for that record. Badly mastered records are badly mastered. I honestly dont believe people that people who prefer a scooped mid or heavier bass to appreciate the nuances of a beautiful mastered track/record.

Also, for movies, the adams do have a sub for the T series, the T10S to extend the lows. When gaming i tend to wear headphones, my K712s so theres decent soundstage and imaging for games as well.

But, for most folks i think the swans would be great in themselves, they dont sound bad, they're pretty "easy" to listen to, albeit missing on some good lows.

I honestly dont believe people that people who prefer a scooped mid or heavier bass to appreciate the nuances of a beautiful mastered track/record.

It's true for a lot of electronic music though, the flaws in mixing become glaringly apparent.
Pairing with a sub will make the system complete but it will also become an expensive affair for the average person/non professional when you take into account the cost of the audio interface, balanced cables and the units themselves, that Adam sub itself probably costs a bomb.
At that price point it is better to purchase other hifi equipment after auditioning/demo which is hard to come by for budget to mid-range studio monitors, I've seen only Genelec and Dynaudio ones on demo in Blr that too because they are pricey.

It's true for a lot of electronic music though, the flaws in mixing become glaringly apparent.

Haha, I don't listen to electronic as a genre unless you include Boards of Canada, Telefon Tel Aviv and the like in there. The last really really really well mastered "electronic" album i heard was BTs Movement in Still Life ages ago

I possibly can recommend some inexpensive 2.0 systems, look into ELAC Debut series/ KEF Q350/ Wharfadale lower range, D series or Dali 1/2. The Oberon 1 was so good that I bought up the 5 ( which sounds like shit due to faulty installation and multi channel crappy audio technology)
Used all of them as studio monitors and also casual listening, though can not remember everything, none was bass heavy and pretty balanced.
Yes, they will cost a lot more than the high end Swans, but they all belong to a different class altogether. If you are upgrading from Logitech/M-Audio/ B& W`s shitty stuff, any one of them will make you very happy, and they last for years.

After waiting for over 5years to upgrade my beloved i5 2500k pc - started planning and researching in 2019 and after saving for over 1 year finally pulled the plug in July to upgrade to first ever Ryzen build.
Spent over 2-3weeks trying to figure out with Wazirpur, Nehru Place and other popular online portals but was no success and it was full of disappointment with delayed responses - inflated pricing - no stock of components. So finally Amazon came to rescue with amazing shipping and product selection experience.

This is the config I built:
Processor: Ryzen 3 3300x
Board: MSI B450M PRO VDH MAX
RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator 3200mhz 8Gb x2
SSD: WD 240gb m.2
HDD: WD 1TB blue
Cpu Cooler: Deepcool Gammaxx GTE V2 RGB
Cabinet: ANT Esports ICE-400TG with RGB controller.
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super OC

Feel free to ping me for queries!
Happy Rakshabandhan to all and God Bless all!

Nice build bro.. is the front side is mesh? How is air flow ?

No mesh (511 model has mesh)- its glass with side vents.
Airflow is decent enough to cool the components I have used. You can install high Airflow fans separately as per your needs.

Whats the total damage?

60+ ish

Attachments

• IMG_1816.jpg
    IMG_1816.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_1902.jpg
    IMG_1902.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_4218.jpg
    IMG_4218.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:
@Jc36 Where did you got ssd from?

Amazon sale, 8.4k sale price, 7.7k with bank discount. Pretty good price for Indian markets.

Tried Dbrand for the first time. Got their Nintendo Switch Teardown skin and Apple Pencil..Pencil skin.

u8XJpzL.jpg

KT0N0on.jpg
Lol, those are two of the coolest skins ever!
Post automatically merged:

Stock cooler aka Wraith Prism, comes bundled with 3700 and up.
Is there a guide to the various permutations and combinations of ryzen cpus, mobos and ram? It was much simpler in the old days. Now finding a compatible combination is almost a game of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a guide to the various permutations and combinations of ryzen cpus, mobos and ram? It was much simpler in the old days. Now finding a compatible combination is almost a game of luck.

It's as straightforward and simple as it always was, it all depends on your budget and requirements.
Whether you want to OC, the number of ports/slots you require (SATA, NVMe, PCI-e, etc), quality of onboard audio ,WLAN, RGB and so on.
We've already hit a plateau where most boards in even budget to mainstream price bracket can fulfill the needs of most people.
You just need to base your purchase on one with decent USER reviews (Newegg, PCpartpicker) that is available from a board partner with good ASS in your area.

NAND flash is made by 5-6 companies at most, rest of them just buy from them and add LED's, rebadge and sell them, you can open your wallet and play the enthusiast game and purchase high end boards and pair it with B die kits or you could just use a regular 3000-3200 MHz kit that runs flawlessly and at rated speeds without any hiccups. Buildzoid (Actually Hardcore Overclocking) has some good vids on RAM selection.

I used this for board selection based on VRM but I was looking for B450/X470 comparisons, there was another detailed one with feature list comparison including the newer B550 chipset based boards as well, unable to find it atm.
If you post a thread with your budget, you'll get plenty of suggestions for your build based on your requirements.

There's a good one for SSD's too :

and I use this for PSU's :

It's as straightforward and simple as it always was, it all depends on your budget and requirements.
Whether you want to OC, the number of ports/slots you require (SATA, NVMe, PCI-e, etc), quality of onboard audio ,WLAN, RGB and so on.
We've already hit a plateau where most boards in even budget to mainstream price bracket can fulfill the needs of most people.
You just need to base your purchase on one with decent USER reviews (Newegg, PCpartpicker) that is available from a board partner with good ASS in your area.

NAND flash is made by 5-6 companies at most, rest of them just buy from them and add LED's, rebadge and sell them, you can open your wallet and play the enthusiast game and purchase high end boards and pair it with B die kits or you could just use a regular 3000-3200 MHz kit that runs flawlessly and at rated speeds without any hiccups. Buildzoid (Actually Hardcore Overclocking) has some good vids on RAM selection.

I used this for board selection based on VRM but I was looking for B450/X470 comparisons, there was another detailed one with feature list comparison including the newer B550 chipset based boards as well, unable to find it atm.
If you post a thread with your budget, you'll get plenty of suggestions for your build based on your requirements.

There's a good one for SSD's too :

and I use this for PSU's :

Deciding on ram is not a big issue, however figuring out the various tiers and generations of ryzen cpus is, and ditto the chipsets. like theres a zen, zen+ and zen2. then A320, B350, X370, B450, X470, B550, X570 chipsets. I dont really want to go down the rabbit hole of deep research. Budget is not fixed nor infinite, if i think something is good value i might spend a premium on it. The vrm tier list is interesting but i never OC these days.

This is old, but going through it anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:
Got replacement MI Bulb and some isolation pads from Amazon :)

IMG_20200814_130655.jpg
IMG_20200814_132732.jpg
IMG_20200814_132840.jpg
IMG_20200814_133452.jpg
IMG_20200814_133924.jpg
IMG_20200814_210717.jpg

IMG_20200814_130655.jpg
IMG_20200814_132732.jpg
IMG_20200814_132840.jpg
IMG_20200814_133452.jpg
IMG_20200814_133924.jpg
IMG_20200814_210717.jpg
IMG_20200814_130655.jpg
IMG_20200814_132732.jpg
IMG_20200814_132840.jpg
IMG_20200814_133452.jpg
IMG_20200814_133924.jpg
IMG_20200814_210717.jpg

IMG_20200804_123443.jpg
IMG_20200805_155532.jpg
IMG_20200809_153146.jpg

Folks who have that generic rudimentary entry level inverter should consider upgrading to this pure since wave one. It is such an improvement. Now I don't get to know when power-cut happens. The fans that run on this don't have that irritating turr turr sound!

Last edited:
Back