The Fitness Thread !

Re: The Fitness Thread !

nukeu666 said:
If you are a noob, then you dont need protien

Tell me, you did not just say that ... What does being a Noob got to do with Protein intake? :S

@hackboy89 : Get ON (Optimum Nutrition) 100% Gold Standard Whey Protein. If you are in NCR, get it from any Neulife retail store.

Neulife

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

NeXT said:
Guys!

I have been working out regularly at the gym. I'm slim and fit as such but under weight so I have been taking Serious Mass for last 4 weeks now to gain some weight. I would like to now switch to Whey supplement. Hows ON Whey 100%? I'm working out everyday for 2 hrs at the gym for last 2-3 months now.

Taking any supplement or working out 2 hours a day will contribute nothing to your mass gain if you are not eating in calorie excess. Find your daily maintenance and start eating atleast 500-1000 calories above maintenance daily. Also, if you are lifting weights daily for 2 hours, you are most certainly over training yourself which would be counter productive and you may end up losing muscle mass than gaining any. Giving proper rest to muscles is important for recovery.

Let me rephrase that....if you are a noob, you dont need to spend 5-7k on a tub of whey isolate hoping it will buff you up, instead fix your diet and start working out first...once you start strength training, then start suppliments

What's the expiry like, for Protein shakes after the tub has been opened?

I have a half a tub of Dymatize Elite which I haven't used since almost an year.Guess I have to throw it away.

Just a bit of information about whey - Couple of days back i finished my box of MuscleTech NitroTech Whey Concentrate, I then bought a pack of British Nutrition Whey Isolate.

Firstly, MuscleTech Whey works, I can see the results with my 4-5 days a week workout and ofcourse I followed a strict diet with 1 cheat day per week. No aerated drinks whatsoever, a couple of 650ml beers/week.
Secondly, I obviously don't know how effective is British Nutrition Whey isolate since it has only been two days but it is way easier to mix this with water than it was for nitro-tech. It is considerably cheaper than MuscleTech since the former is an Indian brand imo and the latter is American thus imported. Plus it is more widely available than any other brand at retail stores in Hyd.

Another thing, an advice for people who are trying to lose weight. Stop paying so much attention to Whey, if you are taking it, it is cool. But it is not going to do any magic for you if you are not putting in the physical effort. Sweat it out at the gym, go for a run on the road, that's how I lost 20 Kgs in the last six months

Should i continue with Serious Mass or switch to Whey Protein? I'm trying my best to have a good diet but living alone is kinda hard. I'm still 3Kg underweight :/

If Whey then which one should i take?

NeXT said:
Should i continue with Serious Mass or switch to Whey Protein? I'm trying my best to have a good diet but living alone is kinda hard. I'm still 3Kg underweight :/

If Whey then which one should i take?

Nothing works like GOMAD does

Aphro_EVO said:
Just a bit of information about whey - Couple of days back i finished my box of MuscleTech NitroTech Whey Concentrate, I then bought a pack of British Nutrition Whey Isolate.

Firstly, MuscleTech Whey works, I can see the results with my 4-5 days a week workout and ofcourse I followed a strict diet with 1 cheat day per week. No aerated drinks whatsoever, a couple of 650ml beers/week.

Secondly, I obviously don't know how effective is British Nutrition Whey isolate since it has only been two days but it is way easier to mix this with water than it was for nitro-tech. It is considerably cheaper than MuscleTech since the former is an Indian brand imo and the latter is American thus imported. Plus it is more widely available than any other brand at retail stores in Hyd.

Another thing, an advice for people who are trying to lose weight. Stop paying so much attention to Whey, if you are taking it, it is cool. But it is not going to do any magic for you if you are not putting in the physical effort. Sweat it out at the gym, go for a run on the road, that's how I lost 20 Kgs in the last six months

hey, for how long have been taking muscletech? I am confused between ultimate nutrition, ON, Nitrotech & Elite. Which one is good? My objective is to develop lean muscle mass with moderate bulk n good definition.

I have had both ON and Muscle-tech. What I have found is that the results with Muscletech come faster but they are not as everlasting as ON. Muscletech is also way thicker than ON which I personally do not like. You cannot go wrong with either of them.

As Bluffmaster suggested go for ON if its available in your city, I personally haven't had it but maximum people suggest ON over anything else. However if its not available go for MT NitroTech, had it for a couple of months approx with good results. Will give some feedback on British Nutrition after 45 days or so.

big.bad.boi said:
hey, for how long have been taking muscletech? I am confused between ultimate nutrition, ON, Nitrotech & Elite. Which one is good? My objective is to develop lean muscle mass with moderate bulk n good definition.

need some quick tips guys:

i'm 25years old and 5ft 10 inches tall and weigh 86kgs; i was always plumpy but oflate i have become very fat and the fat seems to have concetrated in the stomach/waist region. my waistline is now 38 and i want to reduce it so can you suggest which is best?

to join gym or buy a treadmill and do some mild exercise at home only?

oh, just so that you know, my day begins @ 8 and I head out to office @ 9 in the morn and return @ 9-30 or 10 at night and i travel by bike and sit in front of some old pc the whole time in offfice...so there is no physical activity at all :(

also i don;t want to build a body or anything...all i care for is to reduce the fat around the belly :p

anybody buy whey from ebay.in?

p.s - i got UN 5 Lbs whey.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Aphro_EVO said:
As Bluffmaster suggested go for ON if its available in your city, I personally haven't had it but maximum people suggest ON over anything else. However if its not available go for MT NitroTech, had it for a couple of months approx with good results. Will give some feedback on British Nutrition after 45 days or so.
Any reviews abt venky's & british nutrition, its cheap & one of my client recommends if u have tight budget.

As mentioned a few dozen times in the thread
You cannot spot reduce belly fat or boob fat or butt fat
If you loose fat, it will b e from all over the body
How to loose fat? Reduce the calories you eat

if calories eaten>calories burned then you gain wt
if calories eaten<calories burned then you loose wt
don't think going to the gym few hours a day is going to increase burned number a lot....you are going to have to decrease input

The schedule is one you made for yourself, if you want more time you have to change it yourself

the gym is to get fit
the kitchen is to get slim

hey guys just want to know ur views on resistance bands,, the good quality ones.. would u suggest it for beginners??

im 27 yrs, 5'11", 71KG, waist 33, i have a as u might say a lean (or medium) body.. with fat around tummy.. ive never done wieght training, however i do walk quite a bit.. like almost an hour nd half daily, so.. ive no problem with walking.. i dont even get tired if i walk that much.. so just thot if i could use resistance bands to workout as i can't afford the gym fees in my area (south delhi)... also.. will it be ok if i dont use any proteins at all.. i generally include lots of fruits in my diet anyway.. also cucumber n carrot are almost always there with all the meals.. or should i reduce my weight a bit?? donno wt to do.. really confused...

sorry for making this post so long.. but i really want to look a bit broader n in shape not the skinny look i have rt now.. as ill also be getting married in 6 months time :p :p ,,,

neway thanx for lisnin guys. really appreciate all the efforts u all have put in..

p.s. i get up at 6:30, well have been practicing it for past 3 months now.. go to work at 9:30, come back at arnd 8, 8.30...

I went through the thread and found that most of the people have queries with weight loss .

I am looking for some serious help for Weight Gain ( Actually Muscle Gain ) .

Have been working out for 1.5yrs ( Now on a break since 10months ) and all my gained weight has gone back to where it was . I surely did mistakes that time as I was a noob that time . ( Although i Still consider myself a noob ) . It would be really helpful if someone out of this thread , who is actually active in BB and have known the secrets to weight gain , what technique to follow , how much to workout , how much to rest , what part to workout on what day , Diet , supplementation etc etc , can pls help me .

Anyone out here who has gone from Skinny to Massive ??

anubhav2345 said:
I went through the thread and found that most of the people have queries with weight loss .

I am looking for some serious help for Weight Gain ( Actually Muscle Gain ) .

Have been working out for 1.5yrs ( Now on a break since 10months ) and all my gained weight has gone back to where it was . I surely did mistakes that time as I was a noob that time . ( Although i Still consider myself a noob ) . It would be really helpful if someone out of this thread , who is actually active in BB and have known the secrets to weight gain , what technique to follow , how much to workout , how much to rest , what part to workout on what day , Diet , supplementation etc etc , can pls help me .

Anyone out here who has gone from Skinny to Massive ??

I think it has been said so many times.

Compound exercises and GOMAD for skinny to massive. Period.

I will surely start with the GOMAD , but for exercise i am a lot confused .

Shall i hit the gym as of now , or shall i do home workout and improve my flexibility for now ( Pushups , Squats , Stretchings etc )

I am still going through the thread , Got to know about the P90x and the 5x5 Program .

Which one shall be suitable for me ??

Also , i read the complete pdf of this guy Vincedelmonte No-Nonsense muscle building .

Did understood the basics and even got motivated , But dint got to understand what needs to be done finally now.

How to Build Muscle - The No Nonsense Guide To Fast Muscle Building

Back