The Fitness Thread !

I workout once a week (only chest, biceps, triceps).

My question is: I have considerable belly fat. can I get flat belly by just jogging and no abs exercise (crunches, etc)? If yes, how much and what should be the jog routine? 1mile per day at 8kmph sufficient?

Due to some issues, I can not do abs exercise and can only jog.

My question is: I have considerable belly fat. can I get flat belly by just jogging and no abs exercise (crunches, etc)? If yes, how much and what should be the jog routine? 1mile per day at 8kmph sufficient?

Dont jog, U can sprint or walk instead.

Sprint takes less time, walk takes more time

Second week started today!

Was pretty good! Though nowhere near the intensity i want. But i have zeroed in on one major problem. My forearms are weak. That is why any exercise(compound) that requires forearms kind of sucks.

Crunches are for developing ab muscles, which are BELOW the fat layer. The fat needs to be burnt by the body which you can do by burning calories through cardio. Walk, sprint, jog, ensure you burn a lot of calories (directly proportional to the work you do)

Best is to jog/sprint or do HIIT, which includes periods of sprinting and rest/low activity. Also its necessary to get your heart rate up into the fat burning zone, which requires heavier physical activity like jogging/sprinting. Brisk walk is somewhere boderline.
tongu23e.gif

Are all protein supplements cost 15-20% higher now ?? Myofusion I bought for 3.1k costs 3.7 now, and On Whey has gone upto 4.2k !! Why there is such sudden hike in the prices ?? I don't think budget has anything to do with this :-/

Are all protein supplements cost 15-20% higher now ?? Myofusion I bought for 3.1k costs 3.7 now, and On Whey has gone upto 4.2k !! Why there is such sudden hike in the prices ?? I don't think budget has anything to do with this :-/

yes.. they have.. the last time i bought On, it was like 4.1k
<

ok here is a sitaution. I used to do gym, was very fine and results were good, but I developed a sort of injury, the right leg bone above calf muscle has a buldge.

There is usually not much pain, but during jogg/running there is lot of tension. I showed it to doc and he said its stress fracture. (initially the lame doc said it was bone tumor but after diagnosis X ray of both legs he said its stress fracture
mad44.gif
)

I have kind of discontinued by training and usually jogg off and on (not regular) there is still that bulging. What am I suppose to do ? I took 3 weeks rest that doc said but still not fixed.

How do I fix that and strengthen legs so that in future I avoid such injury ?

#medpal

Mate the first thing to do is to take a second and a third opinion from two different reputed doctors.

This is your body, and your legs more so. Dont take risks with them. That said, there a lot of exercises you can do while sitting.

I think Physiotherapy might help ... My Right hand thumb was cut off, and it was operated ... After the healing of bone there was a bulge around the joint; that bulge reduced 70% when I took physiotherapy session for around a month ... Get second opinion from a reputed orthopedist atleast ...

you can get flat belly solely through dieting along i.e. having negative calorie balance, exercise is just necessary to maintain muscle mass that being said, you can achieve better results with negative dieting, strength training and proper intensity of aerobic exercise to increase your aerobic power, it is not just one aspect you have to consider all aspects.

So, i am 19yrs old now and want to join gym because i am getting a tummy as well as extra fat on my cheeks. But there are many doubts which i want to clear before taking a step forward.

1) is it the proper age?

2) are there any side effects of it (body building mainly)?

3) i just want to shape my body(after reducing my fat) and i have heard that they give supplements. Are they helpful and gives long lasting effects without any side effects? I don't want the salman khan type body and six packs. Just a tight skinned body with proper shape.

4) any other suggestions regarding loosing weight fast and the best way out.

Sent from my LG GW620 using Tapatalk

Sent from my LG GW620 using Tapatalk

1) one can start weight training at any age provided the training is done at sub maximal rate of 1Rep max, but prefer around the age of 8

2) if you mean bodybuilding at you see it on TV and magazine competition bodybuilding? then yes, it is a completely different thing and it involve use of steriods that being said all other intensive competition involve uses of steriods, from Marathon running to sprinters, from powerlifter to weight lifers, BB require large amounts of steriods so the more side effects.

4) you can achieve fast weight loss by adjusting your calorie with your BMR and using caffeine and carnitine properly

It has been about 12th day today. I am gymming and within a week a lost 1kg. then within next 4 days, another 1/2kg. But, now, i dont know if its my weighting scale or something, its showing my weight gained about a kg
<

I am having simple and normal food (chappatis, least oiled food) + 2 egg white daily + tandoori chicken(2-3 times a week, as directed by my trainer). For liquids/softdrinks, am having diet coke/pepsi + amul masti(mattha) + every drink like tea/coffee with sugarfree natura or cold milk with abt a spoon sugar.

In gym, i am doing cycle + treadmill + twister + some exercises by lying on floor + in the end, some weight lifitng (basicaly dumbles, pulling weights)

What should i do?? i am really worried.Above is my complete diet i am having these days.

P.S. Within these days, i had beer twice, 2 times chicken momos, some more junk but very less.

Calculate calorie intake and macros, eat less calories than maintenance(-500 to -700). What you lost in start was mostly water weight and gained it after your beer and junk food binge, that +1 Kg is water weight.

^ Essentially true, but two beers and two plates of momos do not a kilo make

harhshit - Don't be demotivated. Your weight swings up and down through the week. Just check it every 7 to 10 days. And like Bl^nK above me said, the weight loss in the first week is never true weight loss.

Also, you are doing somethings wrong. Kick the diet soda. It's terrible for you. According to research the artificial sweetners in these drinks play havoc with your insulin levels. This is terrible for weight loss. Similarly stop using Sugarfree sweetneers in your tea. Instead use less sugar.A half spoon of sugar in your tea will not make you put on weight.

Are you doing weights after cardio? Not a good idea. Warm up, do weights and then do cardio. You'll burn more calories and be less tired if you do it this way. Or better yet, split your routine. Do weights one day and cardio the next day.

Edit- Also do eat junk once a week. Most people call this the cheat day. This will help satisfy all your cravings and will also let you lead a normal life. I ate chocolates, pizza, mutton, potato chips and drank beer/whisky and I still lost fat. The trick is to do all this in moderation.

started going to gym after a break of 1 year this feb and initially i was not able to even lift 10 KG dumbells. Slowly gained the strength back and now lifting 20Kg dumbells with ease and doing barbell curls with 30 Kg weights (15X2).

One problem i am facing is now being able to lift heavy weights in bench press. Earlier i was able to lift 80 Kgs with ease and used to do 12 reps now i am stuck at 50 Kgs. any inputs guys on how i can get back to form.

oh also i am 28 and weighs 68Kgs and i am 5.11 inches tall.

also any inputs on those reebok weights that can be worn on wrists and legs ? do they help in gaining stamina ?

thanks for your help

^ It's been said many times before in this thread, but your best bet for regaining strength is Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5 x 5. Essentially after three warm up sets with light weights, do 3 sets of 5 reps. The 5th rep on the last set should take you to failure. This requires some trial and error but since you already know your 12 rep max, you can work it down a bit and calculate your 5 rep max

Also, those strap on weights are good for Calisthenic or body weight exercises. Something like burpees, hill climbers, bodyweight squats, spot jogging, jump rope skipping etc. They can add an extra difficulty to your workout. Since your'e doing weights already, don't bother with them.

ok here is a sitaution. I used to do gym, was very fine and results were good, but I developed a sort of injury, the right leg bone above calf muscle has a buldge.

There is usually not much pain, but during jogg/running there is lot of tension. I showed it to doc and he said its stress fracture. (initially the lame doc said it was bone tumor but after diagnosis X ray of both legs he said its stress fracture
mad44.gif
)

I have kind of discontinued by training and usually jogg off and on (not regular) there is still that bulging. What am I suppose to do ? I took 3 weeks rest that doc said but still not fixed.

How do I fix that and strengthen legs so that in future I avoid such injury ?

#[member='medpal']

Be very careful there. Like someone else suggested, take a second opinion on this. If not remedied with utmost care, this problem can stay with you forever. I had developed a similar injury, though not a fracture but still as bad called --> Acute Compartment Syndrome. Right above and below the calf muscles(It is a combination of 3 muscles which forms your calves), I developed huge swelling. Turned out it was because of a big blood clot which had developed. Happened due to excessive running on hard surface; Badminton and running on tarmac. I had to immediately stop all lower body exercises to prevent further risk. It has been 7 months since then and yet i cant say my leg is 100pc fine. If it gets bad, it calls for an operation. So yes, take it seriously.

Thanks for input guys. I was actually planning to get it checked again.

Will consult a better doc, physio didn't do any good. The gym I used to go had a physio but he didn't got any thing except said to avoid running and all.

ok .. so i am same as my profile pic .. chubby ..
ohyeah.gif

at 5'11" i am 107kgs ..
sign42.gif
have finally understood playing on PS3 and working on a PC day long won't help me later .. So finally decided to strt some basic exercises.

Have started jogging and skipping rope. Shud i join a gym or continue with this and some other exercises which i can do at home ??

Asking because i am living near my company and it is 15 kms away from main city. so joining gym wud be a pain ..

Also i have a bit heavy chest or tht's wt i feel. Is there any specific exercise to tone it down ? ( wearing tees which are regular fit makes me embarrasing
cry.gif
)

Back