(NO GPUs) 'How much can I sell this for?' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much for
1xEKWB slim 360kit
1xslim 240 radiator
1xEKWB universal vga waterblock
1xbykski full cover waterblock ( for gigabyte gtx 1080ti 3fan one )
1xbykski water temperature monitor
12xhard line fittings and acrylic tube

i5 4440 (2014)
Gigabyte B85 mobo (2017)
Klevv Fit 2x4GB DDR3 1600 (2017)
WD 320GB HDD (2015)
Corsair VS550 PSU (2015)
Some cheap Case with its own PSU

Have these components lying around, tested em yesterday and everything still works perfectly. Haven't sold anything on the market since ages, would like to know what these would fetch. Thanks in advance.

FYI, sold the entire thing on OLX for 11k.
Post automatically merged:

Going by the suggestions in this thread and CPU prices in the marketplace along with knowledge of new products and their price/performance ratios I had a reasonable expectation of around 8k max.
I stuck to the golden rule of OLX listings i.e., posting double price @16k and then gradually reducing price depending on response to the ad so that even if lowballers ask for a 50% reduction you are at your final price :p

Turns out there are people on OLX for whom Core i5 means Core i5, most people don''t even mention the generation.
People are charging way too much even for 2nd gen Core i5s and are taking advantage of the buyer's ignorance. There are some ridiculously priced 7700k builds for sale on OLX, any person from TE would go for a new 3300x build for a significantly lower amount but not everyone follows tech closely and it seems that there's a lot of uninformed buyers and a lot of people taking advantage of them as well.

Now coming to the conflicting opinions here, @vasim21 suggested a price that any person on TE wouldn't mind paying for it. I mean a 7 year old 4c/4t CPU model + DDR3 build sounds ancient at this point and that 7200 rpm 320GB HDD is pretty much useless compared to a SSD. Personally If I was forced to buy a rig like that I wouldn't pay more than 7k either but that's just me.
As for @jaydipmori, I think I've seen him on several FB groups so he knows what a product can fetch since he's a reseller I guess. It looks like OLX does indeed fetch a higher price than what we personally would be willing to pay.

That being said both opinions are still valid for a thread titled "how much can I sell this for ?"
There's certainly a big market for used components and getting quotes from someone who dabbles a lot with buyers is helpful as well, we would be lying if we didn't admit that we don't like getting a bit more money for our used products, within reason and while not taking advantage of the buyer's ignorance ofc.

I think people have a problem with the predatory nature of some of those sellers on OLX which is totally understandable.
We could have a separate thread titled "how much can I sell this for on OLX ?" for which the answer for any query will be "as deep as your bakra's pockets" :p

In my case the buyer was a system reseller as well who was desperately looking for a socket 1150 board to offer to one of his clients as a temporary replacement.
Apart from the CPU, mobo and RAM the rest of the components were trash and he knew it since buying out of warranty components is always a high risk but he still had some use for them since he could use and sell them in other cheap systems and still make a few hundred bucks which is why he offered me 11k for the entire thing.

P.S. CPUs nowadays don't really age that badly, the i5 4440 was paired with a 1650 super in a second system and that thing ran pretty much every singleplayer game on the highest settings @1080p. Only thing that sucked about it were the 1% lows and micro-stutter during crucial moments in more demanding online games like BF5 and CoD (MW itself runs like a charm but the micro-stutter in Warzone was unbearable). Yes you cannot encode vids or game+stream or run heavy apps as fast as the newer CPUs but it wasn't all that bad for normal use.

Last edited:
FYI, sold the entire thing on OLX for 11k.
Post automatically merged:

Going by the suggestions in this thread and CPU prices in the marketplace along with knowledge of new products and their price/performance ratios I had a reasonable expectation of around 8k max.
I stuck to the golden rule of OLX listings i.e., posting double price @16k and then gradually reducing price depending on response to the ad so that even if lowballers ask for a 50% reduction you are at your final price [emoji14]

Turns out there are people on OLX for whom Core i5 means Core i5, most people don''t even mention the generation.
People are charging way too much even for 2nd gen Core i5s and are taking advantage of the buyer's ignorance. There are some ridiculously priced 7700k builds for sale on OLX, any person from TE would go for a new 3300x build for a significantly lower amount but not everyone follows tech closely and it seems that there's a lot of uninformed buyers and a lot of people taking advantage of them as well.

Now coming to the conflicting opinions here, @vasim21 suggested a price that any person on TE wouldn't mind paying for it. I mean a 7 year old 4c/4t CPU model + DDR3 build sounds ancient at this point and that 7200 rpm 320GB HDD is pretty much useless compared to a SSD. Personally If I was forced to buy a rig like that I wouldn't pay more than 7k either but that's just me.
As for @jaydipmori, I think I've seen him on several FB groups so he knows what a product can fetch since he's a reseller I guess. It looks like OLX does indeed fetch a higher price than what we personally would be willing to pay.

That being said both opinions are still valid for a thread titled "how much can I sell this for ?"
There's certainly a big market for used components and getting quotes from someone who dabbles a lot with buyers is helpful as well, we would be lying if we didn't admit that we don't like getting a bit more money for our used products, within reason and while not taking advantage of the buyer's ignorance ofc.

I think people have a problem with the predatory nature of some of those sellers on OLX which is totally understandable.
We could have a separate thread titled "how much can I sell this for on OLX ?" for which the answer for any query will be "as deep as your bakra's pockets" [emoji14]

In my case the buyer was a system reseller as well who was desperately looking for a socket 1150 board to offer to one of his clients as a temporary replacement.
Apart from the CPU, mobo and RAM the rest of the components were trash and he knew it since buying out of warranty components is always a high risk but he still had some use for them since he could use and sell them in other cheap systems and still make a few hundred bucks which is why he offered me 11k for the entire thing.

P.S. CPUs nowadays don't really age that badly, the i5 4440 was paired with a 1650 super in a second system and that thing ran pretty much every singleplayer game on the highest settings @1080p. Only thing that sucked about it were the 1% lows and micro-stutter during crucial moments in more demanding online games like BF5 and CoD (MW itself runs like a charm but the micro-stutter in Warzone was unbearable). Yes you cannot encode vids or game+stream or run heavy apps as fast as the newer CPUs but it wasn't all that bad for normal use.
The Intel has still value in second hand market ..Old gen hardware with working condition has very good value in used market .. reason is key point selling make u earn a bit ..
I have one used Asus amd am3 Mobo ..last night a local dealer paid me 5k for Mobo only as his entire system was life less without Mobo .

The need is mother of all investion [emoji14] .

Always take advise who is doing this buy sell .. not from who is not doing this ..

Regarding luck :
Got 5960x dead at 7500
It was in warrenty send it to Intel and no stock I was paid 69k ...
It all depends how u apporach..

Hi Guys,

How much for the following setup:

AMD FX 8350 CPU (Warranty Expired. Have rma slip maybe)
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Motherboard (Warranty till 25th November 2020. Have invoice)
4GB * 2 Gskill RipjawX ram modules (No invoice. should be lifetime warranty)

Thanks.

Hey peeps,
How much can I expect for :
B450 Tomahawk Max motherboard. Seal Packed.
B450 Pro carbon AC. Few months used.
2xinno3d RTX 2070 graphics cards. March Purchase but barely used.

Lenovo Ideapad y500 - i7 3632qm , 16gb ram , 500gb samsung evo 850 ssd , 1tb hdd ( purchased in 2013 )

Thanks

A guy is selling his Monitor & Desktop with below Specs, How much you would be willing to pay this setup, He assembled it on 3rd July 2019 (Exactly 1 year back for 94,730/- according to the bill) and he has all the component boxes.

• Ryzen 5 2600
  • B450 TOMAHAWK
  • 2*8 GB Corsair DDR4 2933Mhz Ram
  • Nvidia 1660 Ti
  • 480 GB Kingston SSD
  • Corsair VS550 power supply
  • NZXT H500 case
  • Benq XL2411P (1080P, 144Hz, 1ms) Monitor

Post image

A guy is selling his Monitor & Desktop with below Specs, How much you would be willing to pay this setup, He assembled it on 3rd July 2019 (Exactly 1 year back for 94,730/- according to the bill) and he has all the component boxes.

• Ryzen 5 2600
  • B450 TOMAHAWK
  • 2*8 GB Corsair DDR4 2933Mhz Ram
  • Nvidia 1660 Ti
  • 480 GB Kingston SSD
  • Corsair VS550 power supply
  • NZXT H500 case
  • Benq XL2411P (1080P, 144Hz, 1ms) Monitor

Post image

• Ryzen 5 2600 - 9k (Considering 2700x was going for 13k something on Amazon.in)
  • B450 TOMAHAWK - 5.8k (This ain't the MAX variant so it doesn't have 3000 series support out of the box)
  • 2*8 GB Corsair DDR4 2933Mhz Ram - 4.8k
  • Nvidia 1660 Ti - 16k
  • 480 GB Kingston SSD - 2.5k
  • Corsair VS550 power supply - 2.2k
  • NZXT H500 case - 4k
  • Benq XL2411P (1080P, 144Hz, 1ms) Monitor - 12k
I'm no expert on reselling but I sold an old VS550 for 1.5k and I just built a Ryzen 3600 build so these are rough estimates, there are others who can guide you better on this thread.

Hey peeps,
B450 Tomahawk Max motherboard. Seal Packed.
B450 Pro carbon AC. Few months used.
2xinno3d RTX 2070 graphics cards. March Purchase but barely used.
Guys im thinking
8000+shipping for tomahawk max
8000+shipping for Pro carbon
22500+ shipping for each 2070

Seems reasonable?

Last edited:
  • Ryzen 5 2600 - 9k (Considering 2700x was going for 13k something on Amazon.in)
  • B450 TOMAHAWK - 5.8k (This ain't the MAX variant so it doesn't have 3000 series support out of the box)
  • 2*8 GB Corsair DDR4 2933Mhz Ram - 4.8k
  • Nvidia 1660 Ti - 16k
  • 480 GB Kingston SSD - 2.5k
  • Corsair VS550 power supply - 2.2k
  • NZXT H500 case - 4k
  • Benq XL2411P (1080P, 144Hz, 1ms) Monitor - 12k
I'm no expert on reselling but I sold an old VS550 for 1.5k and I just built a Ryzen 3600 build so these are rough estimates, there are others who can guide you better on this thread.
He is asking for 52k

Guys what can I expect for a brand new sealed box of galaxy Buds+ , that I sourced with pre order for my galaxy tab s6 lite. Also are these really worth keeping? I'm not an audiophile and my Sony bluetooth iems sound good enough. Sort of confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back