The HP Touchpad / WebOS Thread

I had 10 patches installed, and directly updated to 3.0.4.. No restarts.. no problems.

The touch ripple animation is back,so I uninstalled the tweak that disables that.. will wait for an update.
For installing IPK's, I browsed the IPK through preware and it installed fine (earlier IPK's used to load in preware automatically.)

PS: For guys who have not upgraded, there's a WebOS 3.0.4 upgrade available in preware that wont mess around with any patches..

Ok i guess i will try to get this sorted today. If nothing works, will uninstall preware and reinstall it and see if it works.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Need help people. I uninstalled and installed preware again and everything went fine. Now i am on the sceen which says

Available Packages - 476

Installed Packages - 22

List of Everything

Here at the top when i search for things like

muffle

or anything from what wordsmith has listed above, they are not showing up in the list :S

Is it the same with anyone else ??

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Does it take lots and lots of time to install games like NFS/Asphalt ?? I waited for like 10 minutes or so and then cancelled it.

Is it because they are like 300-500 MB in size ?

i am not able to use a logitech bluetooth mouse , it is paired but not connected
I could pair my nokia phone by bluetooth using freethether , receive and answer calls from TP but now not able to add any new bluetooth device , tried it with iPhone and E71
Any pointers ?
Have you guys tried splashtop streamer and WIFI medis sync , awesome apps i must say
try them if you havent and full versions are available at ahem places
NFS after install doesnt show up in downloads , its not there anywhere , any one facing it ?
I am on warthog kernel with both cores at 1.7 Ghz , TP feels quite snazzy
Anyone tried the usb hub with ac power supply and y cable thing to add usb mouse and keyboard ?
I am eagerly waiting for data tether either by bluetooth or usb cable
How ubuntu over Webos , thinking of trying it as main usage web browsing is not very comfortable on TP , rest all are secondary usages
But i must compliment bigbyte who got me skionami Skinomi TechSkin - Cell Phone Cases, Screen Protectors, Skins, Shields, Covers full body skin , the quality is very good , unlike those 10 bucks or 100 bucks skins
it is worth the money i paid for it and install was also good
I have only 2 pin sized bubbles , rest its clear and like flawless , i can see my reflection on front with TP screen off , no scratches so far
the only regret i have is should have got 2 sets becoz of the way i handle it , taking it out of acase ,putting again in is loosening the skin

good news Alpha 2 is out
[RELEASE][ALPHA2][Discussion] CyanogenMod team Touchpad port

I will still wait for a stable version of CM7.

@Kuduku

When i tried installing NFS. it just kept installing for 10-20 minutes, so i just swiped that card up (which means cancelled it right ??) and restarted the TP and i saw NFS there in downloads and it even worked ok. I did not play much but.

Installed Kalemsoft and tried a small file, worked fine.

Downloaded couple of PDFs from my email and the show up fine.

Recommend more apps for the touchpad. :)

For installing any of the ipk files, I'd recommend using webOS Quick Installer, you need to keep the TouchPad connected, but feels safer (no device hangup) to install using this method. Also, it is perhaps quicker too!

As for the patches, I saw the list of available patches, and 3 files are showing up, one of which Add Thumbnav.. have not tried again as yet!

@rakesrules: were you searching from the main page on Preware?

wordsmith said:
For installing any of the ipk files, I'd recommend using webOS Quick Installer, you need to keep the TouchPad connected, but feels safer (no device hangup) to install using this method. Also, it is perhaps quicker too!

As for the patches, I saw the list of available patches, and 3 files are showing up, one of which Add Thumbnav.. have not tried again as yet!

@rakesrules: were you searching from the main page on Preware?
Yes I was searching from the main page.

Btw I am using the forums app on touchpad and it is coming as a smaller window on the screen, is this expected ?

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums

raksrules said:
Yes I was searching from the main page.

Btw I am using the forums app on touchpad and it is coming as a smaller window on the screen, is this expected ?

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums

Raks. Forums is for Mobile Devices.

NewnessDevlopments has released communities for touchpad.

raksrules said:
I will still wait for a stable version of CM7.

@Kuduku

When i tried installing NFS. it just kept installing for 10-20 minutes, so i just swiped that card up (which means cancelled it right ??) and restarted the TP and i saw NFS there in downloads and it even worked ok. I did not play much but.

Installed Kalemsoft and tried a small file, worked fine.

Downloaded couple of PDFs from my email and the show up fine.

Recommend more apps for the touchpad. :)

let me try the nfs again

hello guys,

i was thinking of going for the HP touchpad.

Just one quarry : Is there any way to take out digital audio from the HP touchpad

as i see there are micro usb slot , so ii doubt i can take out digital out via usb.

i want to use an external DAC ( sound card ) with them.

thats why i want a digital audio out solution, is there a dock that allows me to do this.

Today i was trying to work around with google maps on my touchpad. Now, since TP does not have any google maps app, i opened it in default browser. I zeroed down to a location where i was able to zoom in and out (using the + and - icons/buttons, but not using pinch to zoom) but if i tried to shift the map, the entire page was moving (along with address bar and everything) and the maps was not moving.

How to rectify this ? I am not sure but i think it worked fine before this update.

I installed Uberkernel and Govnah on my TP but after opening Govnah, i am not able to find as to how i should change the profile to 1.5 Ghz ??

I think i do not see any 1.5Ghz profile :S

Raks. Did you reboot the TP after installing uberkernel ?

Open Govanah > Profiles > Here you will see 2 profile. 1)Palm Default 2) OnDemandTcL 1512(uberkernel). select 1512 and it will OC it right away.

I cannot see the second profile you have mentioned. Yes I did restart the TP. May be I will uninstall and reinstall and see. Btw I installed uberkernel and govnah sequentially and then restarted. Should I install uberkernel , restart, install govnah and restart again?

Back