The Indian Politics Thread

I guess that was because of his "favourite PM" - Manmohan Singh still in contention ;) . Views might have changed after the Jan announcement of stepping down. Though I am not sure if he ever makes an assertion of a UPA loss in the videos (going by my memory).

Right now its all about perceptions, great for selling product. Get a few pundits to make a few statements.

I'll wait for May 16, when we can see it in black & white and then we can talk about how big a win or loss it is.

Think back to 1997, when there was a nationalist wave building for a few years prior already. How much of win did that turn out to be for the NDA. No sweeping victory at all. They just snuck in. NDA has to do better this time and i don't know if they will.

Um, again, not sure where did the interview talked about win/loss? Neither I made any such comments. I liked the interview cause unlike Karan Thapar et al, Madhu Trehan at least got to use the words like "silly", "cheap" etc :)
Again no commentary on NDA or whether they will win or loose.

Um, again, not sure where did the interview talked about win/loss? Neither I made any such comments. I liked the interview cause unlike Karan Thapar et al, Madhu Trehan at least got to use the words like "silly", "cheap" etc :)
Again no commentary on NDA or whether they will win or loose.
Oh, i was talking in general no reference to the talk.

The critical thing that has to come out of these elections is a way to break the policy deadlock. Unless that happens who wins or not is immaterial. Same plot with different actors. Whether MP's rush into the well and create a scene or intelligently argue does not matter either. Have to make & pass policy because without that there is uncertainty so people will not invest or expand production and the result is less goods & services produced and less jobs created as a result. Forget creation a lack of demand means loss of jobs. Less confidence and a generally stagnant economy.

if i were to point at one thing that is going wrong in this country that would be it. people in charge of making decisions not doing so, or unable to.

The moment people STOP voting for people (which means so and so leader) and start voting for their policies - this country will improve.

The country is filled with idiots. These idiots are going to vote. How can you get good governance when public itself is corrupt, greedy, short sighted, communal, herd-thinking ...
They just want someone to take responsibility of their own shortcomings and misdeeds.

two minutes silence for this guy

2minsilence.JPG

BJP ahead in 270+ seats. Along with allies, its 300+ seats.
Where's all that talk from Diggy & his Congress friends now?

When was the last time we had a single largest party with absolute majority? I guess, going with the current trends, BJP is all set to win a majority on its own. Reflects more about the previous rulers of the nation than the BJP itself, IMO.

When was the last time we had a single largest party with absolute majority? I guess, going with the current trends, BJP is all set to win a majority on its own. Reflects more about the previous rulers of the nation than the BJP itself, IMO.
Yes very correct. If they can win majority on their own, then It would be good.
Yes people were truly frustarted with the previous govt and also the Modi wave might have contributed.

Yes people were truly frustarted with the previous govt and also the Modi wave might have contributed.
Agreed. And there was no way AAP could've given BJP the competition.
Not a fan but congrats to Modi and BJP.
The only thing which worries me is Modi/BJP seems like a pro-Hindu party. I still remember Modi's old twitter profile in which he had written "Hindu". No person in his right mind would've done it.

Back