The Last of Us - Discussion Thread

Just discovered this game (remastered) while watching on youtube, it does not feel like a game more like an animated movie. It's a real progression from similar genres in actually immersing you right into the action and the characters. reality vs game the line starts to get blurred and i did not see this with games up to this point.

Quite nice to watch, people have put up walkthroughs of the whole game. In about 9 hours you get to see all of it.

How is the repteability of this game, once you've completed it will you return or does it feel like reading the same old book again.

Last edited:
Repeatibility is good on a higher difficulty level. I completed this game twice.
2nd time was after a month after the 1st one.

Dont have a PS4 yet but this game looked horrible when i played on my PS3 . PS4 does offer better quality unlike the PS3 where 720p is upscaled. I wish if they could have pushed it a bit further . Maybe i am being too greedy .

I don't usually play games multiple times over seeing as I have a list of games to finish on the 360, PS3 and PC, but I still managed to play this game thrice. Second time on higher difficulty and third time to study the environment and graphics (I am planning a career switch into a 3D Environmental and Prop Artist).

^^+It looks like someone from the company trying hard to promote something which is logically not necessary at the moment.:D
Btw its multiplayer is a bit different from other multiplayer. I mean its as interesting as the single player. you have 12 weeks to survive with your clan members. In between you get various missions to fulfill one of them is 100% population risk (nightmare for some players:D). If you fail you start again from week 1 day 1.:banghead:

Last edited:
Not sure if serious.
I'm pretty sure he is nowhere close to serious...
I on the other hand feel the opposite way..
TLOU uses cell to the max any game would have ever used... and that architechture is 8 years old.
But the PS4 and its potential... (Especially with its unified DDR5 and its texture handling capability), I felt the game is looking much worse.

Goty edition is 1k+ in discount

I wish they had made it a bit cheaper. I read the comics and playing this would complete the story.

I cannot express it in words. I just have to say if you liked last of us you will Love this one. The dlc is just amazing (I don't use this word often).
Slightly overpriced at the moment (The rate now with the discount is also a bit steep.) It will get over within 3 hrs max & will leave you wanting for more.One thing I can gurantee you will love every bit of it.

This game is very simple.The story follows a non linear path.Two incidents of ellie's life are shown side by side. One what happened when joel got wounded & another with her friend Riley. There are very few games which manages to suck you in, this one is one of them. Awesome writing & good gameplay. Few stupid developers of story driven game should learn something from it.

upload img

Last edited:
Ah dam! I missed playing this DLC. I might have to get the game again to complete this. But first I need to purchase a controller. The old one died out on me.

It's been ages since I last played this game.

They should really reduce the price of the dlc. The recent deal was good for those who never played it or wanted to play the main campaign but not good for those who only want to play the dlc.

Really well played out story that just sucks you into it > . < almost brought me to tears at some point =)) last I heard is that they were planning to turn it into a movie? o_o not sure.

Back