~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Spy king said:
Hey, could ya kindly suggest a phone for me..

My main requirements would be,

-Music (3.5mm jack)

-Good for texting

-Wifi

-Decent Cam

-Non touch screen

-Lots of apps ( Symbain? )

Budget ~13-14 K

Thanks!

The SE W705 (13.9K*) is your best option !

However, You'll have to make do with java apps. and a 3.5mm plug(headset).

@ TTM "The Only" ;)

Suggest a phone for me mate.

Requirements -
~ Wi-Fi
~ 3G
~ GPS (with A-GPS would be even better)
~ Good to great camera (most important requirement, as I have so many gadgets already that I would like to cut some corners with the camera, and anyways I don't click too much) It should be at least 5 MP if not more, with at least a dual-LED flash if not better. A decent video recorder would be nice too
~ Music and Video playback are not that important as I already have an iPod Touch
~ Touch screen would be great, but if a device without touchscreen warrants a look and has its merits then i can readily let go of this feature
~ Decent memory capacity or at least expandable memory slots
~ Decent processing power, I don't want my applications to lag and make me wait to switch on the camera!

Those are the most important features that I look for in a phone. I was actually thinking seriously about the Nokia N900 whenever that is released! It meets all my requirements, but only thing lacking, IMO, is the camera. on the other hand, it looks like overkill for me (dunno why :p)
I would be buying the new phone by December and that too in the US. Presently I use the Nokia 6681. I've had it for almost 4 years now, and it is starting to show signs of aging. LOL

Suggest all the phones that come into your mind for now. I will try and read up as much on every device you mention and then narrow down my choices, after your consultation of course.

Thanks.

Hi ttm,

I really don't like the 5800 to much. touch screens and me don't really go along.. :p

Please help me decide between the following, my requirements being music, Wifi, text and then cam..

All of them are symbian so additional apps wont be a prob.. :)

Nokia 5730

Nokia 5630

E52

Nokia N79

Availability wont be much of a prob as I will be getting it from Muscat..

TIA!

phoenix844884 said:
@ TTM "The Only" ;)

Requirements -

~ Wi-Fi

~ 3G

~ Good to great camera (most important requirement, as I have so many gadgets already that I would like to cut some corners with the camera, and anyways I don't click too much) It should be at least 5 MP if not more, with at least a dual-LED flash if not better. A decent video recorder would be nice too

~ Music and Video playback are not that important as I already have an iPod Touch

~ Touch screen would be great, but if a device without touchscreen warrants a look and has its merits then i can readily let go of this feature

~ Decent processing power, I don't want my applications to lag and make me wait to switch on the camera!

Those are the most important features that I look for in a phone. I was actually thinking seriously about the Nokia N900 whenever that is released! It meets all my requirements, but only thing lacking, IMO, is the camera. on the other hand, it looks like overkill for me (dunno why :p)

I would be buying the new phone by December and that too in the US. Presently I use the Nokia 6681. I've had it for almost 4 years now, and it is starting to show signs of aging. LOL

Suggest all the phones that come into your mind for now. I will try and read up as much on every device you mention and then narrow down my choices, after your consultation of course.

Thanks.

So I take it that you don't have a budget in mind ?

Anyway, these are your options :

Best Imaging devices:

LG KC910i Renoir

Samsung i8910 Omnia HD

Full-featured touchscreen devices:

Samsung I8000 Omnia II

LG KM900 Arena

Touchscreen with slide-out QWERTY:

Samsung B7610 OmniaPRO

Nokia N97

Power horses: (Snapdragon !)

Acer neoTouch

HTC HD2

Style statements:

LG BL40 New Chocolate

All the above devices meet your requirements with ease.

With five categories to consider, it should be easy to sort out your preferences.

Some are currently available and some aren't just yet.

~ T.T.M ~

Spy king said:
Hi ttm,

I really don't like the 5800 to much. touch screens and me don't really go along.. :p

Please help me decide between the following, my requirements being music, Wifi, text and then cam..

All of them are symbian so additional apps wont be a prob.. :)

Nokia 5730

Nokia 5630

E52

Nokia N79

Availability wont be much of a prob as I will be getting it from Muscat..

TIA!

If your primarily looking for a music device, the Nokia 5630 XM should do !

Only if you need GPS & a full QWERTY keyboard, should you consider the Nokia 5730 XM.

The Nokia E52 does have good sound quality but isn't really a music device rather a good all-round business device.

Now if you looking for a decent multimedia all-rounder, the Nokia N79 is definitely worth considering.

~ T.T.M ~

phoenix844884 said:
@ TTM "The Only" ;)

Requirements -
~ Wi-Fi
~ 3G

Thanks.

Nokia N86 :) And samsung Omnia Hd ..

Hi toxic mind,
please suggest a good mobile with all possible like good sound quality,camera for 10k...want to buy this mobile today itself for my sister..she is considering samsung star,is it worth the money spent?

Looking for mobiles other than nokia...

Karthi007 said:
For good sound quality and camera go for the SE C510. Very Good all round phone. :)

i have cosidered it as an alternative to star but isn't it a a slider one?she doesn't want a slider one,recently bought a nokia 3600slide&she finds it bit uncomfortable to use&also the camera is pathetic...

Hmm thanks Gaurish, and Ttm,

I have decided against the n79 cause I don't really like the numpad layout (single strip) makes lot of noise :p looking for good tactile feedback with not much sound..
Between the e52 and 5630, I choose the e52 over the 5630 cause of it's bigger screen and battery.. I don't really require the dedicated music keys of the 5630 anyway.. :)

So Please could you help me decide between the e52 and 5730? Pro's con's? price apart?

Thanks!! :) (Ps this would be my first multimedia phone in a long time so wanna make a good choice :) )

sri_k said:
i have cosidered it as an alternative to star but isn't it a a slider one?she doesn't want a slider one,recently bought a nokia 3600slide&she finds it bit uncomfortable to use&also the camera is pathetic...

sonyericssonc510cybersh.jpg

The SE C510 comes in a candybar form factor.

Moreover, it's the only sensible option if you need both a good camera and decent audio quality.

Spy king said:
Hmm thanks Gaurish, and Ttm,

I have decided against the n79 cause I don't really like the numpad layout (single strip) makes lot of noise :p looking for good tactile feedback with not much sound..
Between the e52 and 5630, I choose the e52 over the 5630 cause of it's bigger screen and battery.. I don't really require the dedicated music keys of the 5630 anyway.. :)

So Please could you help me decide between the e52 and 5730? Pro's con's? price apart?

Thanks!! :) (Ps this would be my first multimedia phone in a long time so wanna make a good choice :) )

The Nokia E52 is smarter and faster but isn't quite optimized for music unlike the Nokia 5730 XM.

The 5730 XM also has a better camera & video recording feature.

sathinfotrix said:
guys tis is sathyan from chennao need to buy a fone with in budget of 8k suggestme some good models main feautres must be sound be max and camera feautres must be good

Your Options :

1. Samsung Star S5233 ~ 8.5K*
2. Nokia 6303 Classic ~ 6.6K*
3. SE Naite ~ 6.5K*

~ T.T.M ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back