~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Fahrenheit said:
Any idea on how the Sony Ericsson Jalou is?

I'm planning to get this for my Mom. Can't seem to find it anywhere online other than univercell. Has it launched in India? Price and availability?

Any other good flip phones for around 10k?

Your Options:

Sony Ericsson Jalou ~ 10.8K*

Motorola Razr2 V8 ~ 10.3K*

Nokia 7510 Supernova ~ 7K*

Nokia 3610 Fold ~ 6.6K*

Nationwide pricing and availability of the SE Jalou still remains sketchy.

You can check out the following links for more info on the phone:

Sony Ericsson Jalou Full Review, Mobile Phone Reviews on CNET UK (Review)

YouTube - Sony Ericsson Jalou Preview (Video Preview)

~ T.T.M ~

teche said:
Which of these phones is the best: N97, N97 Mini, N900 Maemo or i-phone?

Also, does someone know that for much can one get a new i-phone from U.S?

& whatt are the rates of i-phone in India?

To be rather blunt about it, the Nokia N900 is the BEST device of the lot!

Be it the superior hardware, smartphone capabilities or the promising future of the Maemo OS.

The iPhone obviously offers the best touch experience, supporting multi-touch in addition to the lovely, no-frills OS(UI).

Here are some links that might help: :D

15 Ways Nokia’s N900 Is Better Than Apple’s iPhone (and 5 ways it’s not) - Starry Hope Productions

N900 - My experience: It is better than iPhone... - maemo.org - Talk

6 reasons why I’m dumping my iPhone for a Nokia N900

~ T.T.M ~

Looking for a mobile for my mom. Please suggest with the following things in mind:

1. Budget less than 2.5K

2. FM is a must. A mobile with an internal FM antenna is highly preferred.

3. Colour display

4. Easy menus and navigation

5. Larger keypad for text typing is preferred.

6. Good battery backup.

7. Only larger mobile brands like Nokia, SE, Samsung preferred.

Currently, I can find only the Nokia 5030 with an internal FM antenna. This satisfies all my requirements, but I'd like to know if there is any other mobile which can be an alternative.

P.S: With regard to my previous query, we ultimately bought a Nokia 5130 for my sis-in-law. Thanks for all the suggestions. :)

hp-india said:
Looking for a mobile for my mom. Please suggest with the following things in mind:

1. Budget less than 2.5K
3. Colour display
6. Good battery backup.

Currently, I can find only the Nokia 5030 with an internal FM antenna. This satisfies all my requirements, but I'd like to know if there is any other mobile which can be an alternative.

P.S: With regard to my previous query, we ultimately bought a Nokia 5130 for my sis-in-law. Thanks for all the suggestions. :)

how about Sony Ericsson R300: Sony Ericsson R300 Radio - Full phone specifications

Dear Forum members,
I am looking for a good touch screen phone. My budget is upto Rs. 20,000/. I am basically fascinated about Android OS. But very few phones with android are available in india. Do you have any worthy suggestions. Hows Samsung Galaxy. Any body owns that phone, please share your experience with me. Even though I am aware of its shortcomings, still i am hopeful.
regards,
Trips

Galaxy is a decent phone I heard. you can also check HTC Tattoo (2.4" display though)
inside 20k,

Nokia 5800XM
Samsung Jet (proprietary OS)

but for 22k, Samsung B7610 is a superb device to get.
Reminding again, HTC Tattoo in India doesn't come with 3G connectivity

trip007in said:
Dear Forum members,
I am looking for a good touch screen phone. My budget is upto Rs. 20,000/. I am basically fascinated about Android OS. But very few phones with android are available in india. Do you have any worthy suggestions. Hows Samsung Galaxy. Any body owns that phone, please share your experience with me. Even though I am aware of its shortcomings, still i am hopeful.
regards,
Trips
Even i am interested in the Galaxy considering its price has fallen to 14.2k , but it still runs Android 1.5 , there were some reports of Samsung launching the Eclair (2.0) firmware in Feb/March , better wait for that , if it is launched , then it makes sense to buy the galaxy . Also to me the Galaxy Lite I5700 seems a better option , although it has 3.2MP instead of 5 , it has a 800 Mhz Processor which means it , in all certainty will get a 2.0 update .

BTW if you can increase your budget to 25k , there is Acer Liquid , absolutely gorgeous .

In the non android category , Blackberry Storm is a very good choice .

hp-india said:

1. Budget less than 2.5K

3. Colour display

6. Good battery backup.

Check out the Samsung 2120. It's a very good phone for it's price. :)

It satisfies all your needs and has even more to offer.

hp-india said:

1. Budget less than 2.5K

3. Colour display

6. Good battery backup.

Get the Samsung E1160 - Rs.1829 from the mobile store.

It has got internal FM antenna and dual (stereo) speakers :D The speakers are very loud.

Got inbuilt MP3 tones, and a 1000mAH bettery with great backup :) Good looks too.

http://in.samsungmobile.com/mobile-phones/samsung-e1160

Fahrenheit said:
Is it advisable to buy Motorola phones now? Heard they would be pulling out of the Indian market soon...or is it just the motozone shops that they will be closing down?

Well, that WAS in the news and but nothing seems to be happening, phones are still being sold.

I suggest you locate your nearest Moto service centre and find out if they are still at it.

hp-india said:

1. Budget less than 2.5K
3. Colour display
6. Good battery backup.

The Samsung E2100 or the Samsung E1410, both priced at 2.6K*.

The latter misses out on a camera but packs a dual speaker setup and a juicier battery.

Thanks a lot for helping me out TheToxicMind

Went out to a few shops today and most of them hadn't even heard of the Jalou.

Finally ended up buying the LG KF350(Ice cream phone) for my Mom. Looks nice and she likes the color (pink). Paid 7.9k for it...I hope that is the going rate for it...

trip007in said:
Dear Forum members,

regards,

Trips

Well, you could give the HTC Tattoo (15.8K*) a try.

There are a few options, priced at over 20K.

Fahrenheit said:
Thanks a lot for helping me out TheToxicMind

Went out to a few shops today and most of them hadn't even heard of the Jalou.

Finally ended up buying the LG KF350(Ice cream phone) for my Mom. Looks nice and she likes the color (pink). Paid 7.9k for it...I hope that is the going rate for it...

Strange, never seen it anywhere. Looks nice though, rather well-suited. :)

~ T.T.M ~

I'm in very urgent requirement of two Reliance CDMA phones.

I've been using two LG RD3500 for around 1.5 yrs, and both's charging socket have gone kaput in last two days :S (probably because of my son :rofl:)

So Now I want one very simple like the 3500, currently 3530 and 3540 is available, so if anybody can comment which is better of two?

Other one I want slightly better for say around 2.5k. What to get?

Please tell me the price also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back