~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

zapout said:
guys please suggest me cell phone(first or second hand)
a camera phone with flash,sony or nokia
my budget is 4.2K

Only the SE S312 at 4.5K*. :(
If second hand, try getting a SE K750i !
sathyanaidu said:
thanks again ttm n desiibond, bought the B7610 for 21k. Will post pics tomo..
Should i upgrade to WinMo 6.5? A few people saying that many apps are not supported after upgrade.. please do lemme know..
thanks again!

Not yet.
Enough time for the upgrade.

amitmishra12 said:
^no
Android 2.0 requires 256mb ram. It has only 128mb. Have a look at HTC Tattoo.

Need phone urgent. 3-3.5k

1.Mp3 player
2.Card slot
3.3.5mm jack(would really love that)

No lg,micromax,airfone,karbonn and lemon mobile plz!

Samsung C3010 ~ 3.2K* (MP3, Card slot)
Samsung C3053 ~ 3.6K* (MP3, Card slot)
Nokia 2700 Classic ~ 3.7K* (MP3, Card slot, 3.5mm Jack)

~ T.T.M ~

vijayshimla said:
Samsung Galaxy I7500 is 14.3k with Univercell, discounted down from 28k

on paper the mobile is having 3.2-inch touch-sensitive AMOLED screen with a resolution of 320x480 pixels, 5MP camera, Wi-Fi, GPS, 8GB internal memory and microSDHC card slot.

for someone like me- looking for a mobile around 15k, This seems like a OK choice - is there a catch ? Please advise. Possibly this is from 2009- but can the OS be upgraded ?

I say, wait it out and go for a Android 2.X powered device.

Meanwhile, take a look at this: Android 2.0 on Galaxy - Android Forums

Also note that it is an UNLOCKED model, that UniverCell is selling.

everybody here is asking about good phone with cam, player and all... but i need something very basic.
i am now assigned to a project where ipod and phones with camera are not allowed. i am in need of good phone with are WITHOUT cam and song player. can someone point couple of cheap phones? if possible dual sim(am i asking for too much :p)

any help in this regard will be greatly useful. thanks

adbanginwar said:
everybody here is asking about good phone with cam, player and all... but i need something very basic.
i am now assigned to a project where ipod and phones with camera are not allowed. i am in need of good phone with are WITHOUT cam and song player. can someone point couple of cheap phones? if possible dual sim(am i asking for too much :p)

You Have to go the chinese way if you want dual-sim.
:cool2:

adbanginwar said:

Nokia 1200 or 1208 for some 1500 bucks should be more than enough for your need :)

for dual sim, Check Fly DS100 with dual GSM sim support should cost around 1.7k-2k

Srirama said:
I would suggest the nokia 5230 for that budget,it does have resistive touchscreen,but i would say it is definitely good enough.
The music on the phone(via earphones )is a joy to hear.
U can look up more here
Nokia 5230 - Full phone specifications
I also thought similarly, not really sure though.

thetoxicmind said:
Let me start by saying Nokia touchscreens aren't all that bad. It could have been optimized but hey, they are getting there.
I don't know, but owning an iPod Touch, I find it almost a curse to have a shoddy touchscreen like that as the sole input medium on the device. I have used 5800XM and Nokia N97. The feedback is worse than what it is on my HTC Gene. Granted that the Symbian interface despite being newer is actually better suited to touch input than WiMo 6.1 but my my, what's with the response?

Anyways, I think one can develop a habit of it. And it is not me who is going to use it. :)

thetoxicmind said:
So if you are to look at touchscreen devices, you have the following options:

Samsung Corby S3653 ~ 7.2K*
Nokia 5230 ~ 7.9K*
Samsung Star S5233 ~ 8.4K*
Samsung Star S5233 WiIFi ~ 8.6K*

Non-touchscreen options that offer a good blend of features:

Nokia 6303 ~ 6.2K*
LG KM335 ~ 6.5K*
Samsung S5200 ~ 6.9K*
SE C510 ~ 8.5K*

And there are a few music phones to choose from.
Thanks. You have been immensely helpful. The non-touchscreen options seem a bit limiting and I would like to know the other music phones that you talked about in the end.. but everything considered I think the 5230 is a worthy device and maybe my friend will be buying that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sabby said:
Hey guys, do we have an option for 5230 with WiFi ? Or any model which is ditto as 5230 except having WiFi ? I don't need GPS etc.

desiibond said:
if you mean a phone that is exactly like 5230 and has wifi, check 5800XM but it costs 13.5k.
I think there's this Nokia 5530XM which is the phone that's ideal for him, it's like 5230, with WiFi but without GPS. Perfect. Dunno the price but I guess that it's considerably cheaper than the 5800XM.

5530XM should cost 12k-12.5k very soon. price is updated at univercell but waiting the same to reflect in entire retail chain.

and what you said is true, after using ipod touch, it's difficult to adjust to resistive touch but hey, am able to swap between these two (ipt and 5800xm) without any difficulty now

I need a phone mainly for staying online on facebook/meebo/googlemaps AND to control my pc at home through ssh/xwindows

Looking at the hero and touch2 right now...what other mobiles should i be looking at also?

musicplayer/camera not necessary

keyboard may be useful

I need to buy a phone for my wife. Good talk quality, easy to use, able to run few Java applications like dictionary and a decent camera. She currently uses the SE Z550i. Considering the Nokia 6303. Available on ebay for 6950 and I can use a 10% coupon to get it below 6K. Is this a good phone?

Pls suggest a phone in the range of 10k having good battery life and stylish. Open to any brand.

Thanks

In addition to my previous post, do we get Motorola mobiles in banglore????

Further, I am not lookin touch phones.

Emil said:
I need to buy a phone for my wife. Good talk quality, easy to use, able to run few Java applications like dictionary and a decent camera. She currently uses the SE Z550i. Considering the Nokia 6303. Available on ebay for 6950 and I can use a 10% coupon to get it below 6K. Is this a good phone?

Check these phones if your budget is strictly inside 6k:

Nokia 5130XM
SE W395
SE F305

I am a bit sceptical about battery life of Nokia 6303 but it is a good phone.

Do remember that Nokia 5230 is now available inside 8k and with symbian S60, it's a superb phone.

trushv said:
Pls suggest a phone in the range of 10k having good battery life and stylish. Open to any brand.

Thanks

SE T715 (slider)
SE C510 (cybershot)
SE W595 (walkman)

Samsung M3510 Beat

nukeu666 said:
I need a phone mainly for staying online on facebook/meebo/googlemaps AND to control my pc at home through ssh/xwindows
Looking at the hero and touch2 right now...what other mobiles should i be looking at also?
keyboard may be useful

for lot of typing and staying online, Samsung B7610 should be awesome. The qwerty slide keypad helps a lot for typing and the big display means that lot of real estate for HTML pages. Also check N97 Mini.

nukeu666 said:

keyboard may be useful

Quite a few options actually.

I'll need to know the OS of choice (Win/Symb/Andr) and if you definitely require a QWERTY keypad?

A price range would help too.

Going by you requirements, I suggest you consider a Win Mo device.

Emil said:

Sure is.

A more stylish alternative would be the Samsung S5200 (6.2K*). In fact, she'll love the phone!

trushv said:

Thanks

If a stylish phone is what you are ideally looking for, your best options are the Moto Razr2 V8 (10.2K*) and the SE T715 (9K*). The latter has better battery life.

You'll have to get word through Moto's website.

skada said:
Please advice on mobile between 10-12k

1. Good Camera (Geo-Tagging would be +)

2. Good GPS

3. Battery Life

Well, it would be a duel between the Nokia 6700 Classic (12.1K*) and SE Yari (11.8K*).

Both have their strong and weak points but if you can skimp on a great battery life, the former would be good buy!

adbanginwar said:

Karbonn K 330 ~ 2K*

Long battery life, Dual-SIM

~ T.T.M ~

Thank you for your suggestion and I have sorted almost mentioned by you. But unfortunately I havn't got the RAZR v8 in Bangalore. As, all the sellers repeats the same words that Motorola has stopped operation and stock is not available.

Please if you aware for any such thing let us know the same.

Thanks in advance.

Trush

trushv said:
Thank you for your suggestion and I have sorted almost mentioned by you. But unfortunately I havn't got the RAZR v8 in Bangalore. As, all the sellers repeats the same words that Motorola has stopped operation and stock is not available.

Thanks in advance.

Trush

Read about it: Motorola may soon bid goodbye to Indian cellphone mkt - CNBC-TV18 -

Service Centres:

Essem Communications, 91 & 92, Hemachandra Complex, 7th Main, 4th Block, Jayanagar, Agent - Redington FSC, Bangalore, Karnataka, 560011, India, Tel: 080 41477972, Email: essem_communications@yahoo.co.in.

K.K.Enterprises, Ebrahim's Residency, No.98, 1st & 2nd Floor, Residency Road, Agent - Distributor, Bangalore, Karnataka, 560 025, India, Tel: 080-22075033/ 22489420 / 51510335-6-7, Email: Jbcmotoservice@gmail.com, Jbcservice@airtelbroadband.in.

Redington India P Ltd, 122/2, Infantry Road, Monarch Chambers, 2nd Floor, Near Sony World, Opp to Infantry Wedding Hall, Agent - Redington, Bangalore, Karnataka, 560 001, India, Tel: 22868889/22863034/41494094, Email: servblrmobile@redington.co.in.

Sagar-e Technologies, # 60,11 TH CROSS, 1st Stage Indranagar, Agent - TVSE, BANGALORE, Karnataka, India, Tel: 080-25202908, 25254693, Email: sagar_etech@rediffmail.com.

trushv said:

Thanks in advance.
Trush

why razr v8? Do remember that it doesn't come with memory expansion slot and the onboard memory is either 420MB or 2GB. T715 is much better in all aspects. It has 16M color display that looks awesome, slider and a 3.2mp camera, not to forget it's awesome looks. Sony Ericsson T715 pictures, official photos

Originally Posted by nukeu666 View Post
keyboard may be useful
thetoxicmind said:
Quite a few options actually.
I'll need to know the OS of choice (Win/Symb/Andr) and if you definitely require a QWERTY keypad?

A price range would help too.

Going by you requirements, I suggest you consider a Win Mo device.
open price range

ive been using SE k800 for years so have no hands on experience with winmo/symb/android
keyboard not necessary
gps+maps will be preferred...should also work when i am in middle of nowhere...not just urban areas

nukeu666 said:
open price range

ive been using SE k800 for years so have no hands on experience with winmo/symb/android

keyboard not necessary

gps+maps will be preferred...should also work when i am in middle of nowhere...not just urban areas

The Samsung I8000 Omnia II (24K*) should suit your needs perfectly.

Other options: Apple iPhone 3GS, HTC Touch Diamond2.

~ T.T.M ~

Does any one know of any basic cameraphone (even vga will do) with mp3 player and expandable storage in the range of 2-3k ? Please advise. if no expandable storage it should have atleast 512mb of internal memory. Radio , gprs etc is optional and not a necessity..

raymasky said:
Does any one know of any basic cameraphone (even vga will do) with mp3 player and expandable storage in the range of 2-3k ? Please advise. if no expandable storage it should have atleast 512mb of internal memory. Radio , gprs etc is optional and not a necessity..

Samsung E2120 ~ 2.4K*

Samsung C3010 ~ 3.3K*

~ T.T.M ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back