~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

mrintech said:
Hey Friends,
Need Help
Please suggest a GSM Mobile Phone below 2000/-
I want Good Battery Life and my preferred Choice is Nokia :)
Help and Suggestions appreciated
Thanks a Lot :)

Your options, in terms of battery life:

Nokia 1203 ~ 1.1K*
Nokia 1202 ~ 1.3K*
Nokia 1661/1662 ~ 1.6K*/1.5K*
Nokia 5030 ~ 1.7K*

~ T.T.M ~

I'm also looking for a basic phone in a budget of Rs.2200-3300.

It should have an easy to use interface, GOOD build and should look stylish too, GOOD battery life and basic camera. It should have an MP3 player.

I was thinking n terms of

Samsung E2120 ~ 2.4K*

Samsung C3010 ~ 3.3K* but they look plain(I'll buy one of them if there's no other good option)

Which phones do you suggest me?

aman.pitbull said:
I'm also looking for a basic phone in a budget of Rs.2200-3300.

It should have an easy to use interface, GOOD build and should look stylish too, GOOD battery life and basic camera. It should have an MP3 player.

I was thinking n terms of

Samsung E2120 ~ 2.4K*

Samsung C3010 ~ 3.3K* but they look plain(I'll buy one of them if there's no other good option)

Which phones do you suggest me?

Having purchased a C3010 for someone close, I can assure you that it looks good.

Also remember, these are low-end phones.

So the decision is upto you. :)

Other options (without a mem. card slot):

Samsung M150 ~ 2.8K*

Samsung E2100 ~ 2.6K*

Nokia 2330 Classic ~ 2.6K*

~ T.T.M ~

I'm looking for a phone for my sister. Should be touch screen. Budget-10k, can stretch to 12 if the phone is really worth it.

Right now, she insists on the Corby Pro. 12k. But I don't think she needs the 3G/Wifi/GPS. She doesn't want the Corby regular, because it's capacitative and typing on a capacitative is tough if it's screen isn't as big as the iPhone.

What all options are there? Should be good aesthetically too ;)

cyanide911 said:
I'm looking for a phone for my sister. Should be touch screen. Budget-10k, can stretch to 12 if the phone is really worth it.
Right now, she insists on the Corby Pro. 12k. But I don't think she needs the 3G/Wifi/GPS. She doesn't want the Corby regular, because it's capacitative and typing on a capacitative is tough if it's screen isn't as big as the iPhone.

Nokia 5230 ~ 8.3k (3G, GPS)
Nokia 5233 ~ 7.3k (2G)

^^ I don't think it is easy to kill off Symbian. But yes, it's better to look for plaforms like Android, WinMo, Maemo, WebOS, iphone.

Omnia HD now costs around 28k and given that Nexus One is available unofficially for 32-34k, it would be a much better phone with lot better features (except for camera). And since it runs Android, you will be assured that your phone will never be ignored :)

If you are okay with size, check HTC HD2 which is now available for some 35k I think and is the best smartphone currently available in the market and is ready for winmo 6.5

Do remember that HD2 and Nexus One come with Qualcomm snapdragon architecture (CPU+GPU) which is mighty powerful and only other processor that can come close is ARM Cortex.

ohiostate said:
Hi,

I'm looking for a basic phone with good battery backup & call reception..Please suggest. Budget < 2000.

Check Nokia 1209 and 1208.

cyanide911 said:

If you can stretch to 12k, Check SE Yari (fun filled phone) and Nokia 5530 XM (touch screen xpressmusic phone) too. It's better to pick Nokia E63 over Corby Pro.

Time to upgrade my phone.Need a decent phone max budget 10K .Can stretch the budget if the phone is worth it. I have no brand preferences

Decent Screen(should be readable in sunlight also )
Keypad is a must( i am not used to touch screen :ashamed:)
Do not mind about the camera
GPS is a must ( should work with 3rd party GPS services like tom tom and garmin)
should also have bluetooth
Will not be gaming and and all
Good battery backup
Not to bulky to carry around.
Wifi not a must but if its there that will be good

Please suggest me some phone .

Edit: I am gonna use the phone as a GPS unit also.It should have a decent GPS which should not take much time to lock the satellites.

Metalspree said:
Time to upgrade my phone.Need a decent phone max budget 10K .Can stretch the budget if the phone is worth it. I have no brand preferences

Decent Screen

Keypad is a must( i am not used to touch screen )

Do not mind about the camera

GPS is a must ( should work with 3rd party GPS services like tom tom and garmin)

should also have bluetooth

Will not be gaming and and all

Good battery backup

Not to bulky to carry around.

Wifi not a must but if its there that will be good

Please suggest me some phone .

If you can stretch to 12k-13k, there are lot more options like SE yari, Nokia 5800XM, N79

Given that Nokia maps navigation is now free, N79 would be a great choice and is currently selling at 12.5k-13k price point I think.

am not sure if there is any GOOD non-touch device under 10k that has GPS.

Garmin XT : app for garmin on Symbian S60 phones (like N79)

Tom Tom Navigator: app for tom tom service on S60 phones

Thanks for the suggestions.what would be the price i should be looking at if i need a non touch device for my requirements.One more thing will all the phones you mentioned work on the actual GPS not GPRS for navigation ??

Metalspree said:
Thanks for the suggestions.what would be the price i should be looking at if i need a non touch device for my requirements.One more thing will all the phones you mentioned work on the actual GPS not GPRS for navigation ??

I have tried Nokia Maps Navigation appliation and it uses the in-build A-GPS chip in the device. All the maps all stored in the phone unlike Google maps which needs GPRS/EDGE to view maps.

Tom Tom and Garmin apps too should use GPS chip on the device.

And for non-touch phone, Nokia N79 should be the perfect phone for all your needs.

1) excellent keypad
2) 2.4" display
3) 5mp camera that takes excellent snaps
5) GPS/Bluetooth/wifi/3G
6) Runs Symbian S60 which means it will have loads of apps.

another excellent non-touch phone supporting A-GPS is SE yari but am not sure of Garmin or Tom Tom apps on this phone.

More on A-GPS can be found here:

Assisted GPS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you desiibond for the suggestions.Will have a look at both n79 and 5800XM.I have read that the 5800 has 2 firmwares v30 and v40.What is it all about and which is a better one??

thetoxicmind said:
Sure is.
A more stylish alternative would be the Samsung S5200 (6.2K*). In fact, she'll love the phone!

~ T.T.M ~
Thanks. I purchased the 6303 Rs 6590 - 10% = 5931 from eBay.
The higher battery talk time swung the decision in its favour as against the Sammy.

desiibond said:
Check these phones if your budget is strictly inside 6k:

Nokia 5130XM
SE W395
SE F305
The autofocus camera in the 6303 should be much superior to those I guess.

desiibond said:
I am a bit sceptical about battery life of Nokia 6303 but it is a good phone.
On paper the talk time looks good.

desiibond said:
Do remember that Nokia 5230 is now available inside 8k and with symbian S60, it's a superb phone.
Don't believe she would be comfortable with touchscreen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back