~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

harryneopotter said:
For the second phone, Try to get hold of Nokia 6233 if u can. Otherwise Look for Nokia E51 (i think thats the E series one u r talking about.)

and in 7k, no phone beats the VFM of 6303 !!!

thanks for your suggestions :), yes e51 is what i was referring to, good looks is also something that is high on my list, so i will give a pass to 6233, but will surely check out 6303 :), a good overall phone that meets up my criteria + a above average camera is not a bad deal at all :)

thanks for ur help

thetoxicmind said:
I'm assuming the Nokia E51 ? Quite a device it is.
Although not in production, you might still find it in some stores.

Your Options :

SE T715 ~ 9.5K*
SE C510 ~ 9.2K*
Samsung U800 Soul ~ 9.5K*
Nokia 6303 Classic ~ 6.6K*

Hope this helps.

~ T.T.M ~

yes nokia e51, quite a device, has a good speaker, looks cool n classy in steel body, quite a phone as u said :p

will also look at the options that u told, thanks a ton :)

shaibalik said:
I dont know why but something in my mind keeps on telling me not to use a LG phone .. I would rather go for a 5800 than this. What do you say ? Iphone has many drawbacks. 5800 stands the best ..

shaibalik said:
Please give a last say .. I am opting for 5800. Will it be gud enough ?

It sure will.

Just take good care of the phone. :p

linuxtechie said:
How is HTC Viva post 10% discount at 8775 shipped?

Let me know fast, there is an offer for me from ebay. A sealed pack with Manufacturer Warranty

~LT

Its a good phone but thing you should consider before buying:

* Its a Windows Mobile Device
* HTC After Sales Service in India is not as expected.

Hi,
Last week i broke my K850i and the service center is telling to replace the motherboard which will cost a lot, so its seems better to buy a new cell.
My requirements are as follows:
1.Good camera 5MP a must.
2.Good multimedia features.
3.Full touch screen and large screen.
4.Wifi, 3G.
5.Office functionality, able to parse big pdf's. Would like to read comics on it.
6.Stable OS, support for OS and good apps.

My budget is max 20k.I am thinking about HTC, Samsung and LG. I dont see anything innovative in Nokia phones now a days. I would also go for an Iphone if i get a good used piece for less(can let go some requirements for an iphone!). Pls suggest if ebay is a good place to buy iphone or the local grey market in Bangalore.

Pls suggest otherwise on the above mentioned as well. Thanks

Gaurish said:

Yeah thats ok, I cant do without Windows mobile due to its outlook integration ( I will admit, I am too much addicted to it due to office implementations). Heck, I have been on WM for last 4 years.

~LT

linuxtechie said:
How is HTC Viva post 10% discount at 8775 shipped?

Let me know fast, there is an offer for me from ebay. A sealed pack with Manufacturer Warranty

~LT

Discounts apart, the Viva is quite good with decent specs. to back the performance claims.

Gaurish said:

A cause of worry. :(

skada said:
Hi

I am thinking of buying mobile phone with budget around 20K

Should be touch screen.

I've thought of HTC Tattoo any other suggestions?

The HTC Tattoo is worth the wait, provided it goes on sale at the right price and that your satisfied with the same.

Multimedia Requirement :

Samsung S8003 Jet ~ 18.6K*

Win Mobile/Productivity Requirement :

Asus P552W ~ 17.6K*

HTC Touch 3G ~ 16.1K*

The soon to be released LG GM730 will be priced at 21K*.

aayushjoshi said:
Hi,

Last week i broke my K850i and the service center is telling to replace the motherboard which will cost a lot, so its seems better to buy a new cell.

My requirements are as follows:

1.Good camera 5MP a must.

2.Good multimedia features.

3.Full touch screen and large screen.

4.Wifi, 3G.

5.Office functionality, able to parse big pdf's. Would like to read comics on it.

6.Stable OS, support for OS and good apps.

My budget is max 20k.I am thinking about HTC, Samsung and LG. I dont see anything innovative in Nokia phones now a days. I would also go for an Iphone if i get a good used piece for less(can let go some requirements for an iphone!). Pls suggest if ebay is a good place to buy iphone or the local grey market in Bangalore.

Pls suggest otherwise on the above mentioned as well. Thanks

First off, I'm sorry I can't offer any suggestions on the modes of purchase of an iPhone. A search for existing threads might help.

Anyway, your best bet rather only option is the Samsung S8003 Jet (18.6K*) !

It has an office document viewer that supports Word, Excel, Powerpoint and PDF files.

~ T.T.M ~

Which is the best music phone in terms of sound quality, loudness, bass etc while using earphones and while using the inbuilt speakers?

How well does the 5800 fare compared to the best?

Which all are worthy alternatives to the 5800 under 17-18k as music phones?

rite said:
Which is the best music phone in terms of sound quality, loudness, bass etc while using earphones and while using the inbuilt speakers?

How well does the 5800 fare compared to the best?

Which all are worthy alternatives to the 5800 under 17-18k as music phones?

Some phones offer stunning audio quality and some offer the highest level of loudness through the speakerphone. Very few handsets actually offer both at a remarkable level, with most offering a balanced performance or concentrating on either one.

That said, the Nokia 5800 XM showcases remarkable audio quality atleast among the handsets available for under 18K.

dark.lord.rules said:
want to buy a decent looking phone wid an average cam and gud sound quality...must have expandble memory...budget 5k...any brand will do... :)

Your Options :

Nokia 5130 XM ~ 5.1K* (Music phone)
Samsung S3500 ~ 5.1K* (Decent looks)
Samsung S3310 ~ 4.5K* (Decent looks, Avg. battery life)
LG GM200 ~ 5.2K* (Best audio quality)

~ T.T.M ~

I bought the Nokia 6700 Classic around 2 weeks ago and I am loving it. Thanks TIM!

My friend wants to buy a phone and he is confused between - e72 or N97 or BB BOLD or curve. N97 is too expensive so I advised him against it. E72 or BB Bold or something similar?

Hey,

Please tell me how much should an Apple iphone 2g(4gb) excellent condition ?? A guy is offering me this phone for 14.5 k with all accessories, box and everything. I also had a look to it, and he has installed many softwares and applications. As a matter of fact he also showed me an application which enables an iphone to have bluetooth transfers. I am asking this just because over here a member has posted his sale of iphone 2g(8gb) with a motorola bluetooth headset for the same price. I am in a dilemma, which one should i go for ?

Crazysah said:
I bought the Nokia 6700 Classic around 2 weeks ago and I am loving it. Thanks TIM!

My friend wants to buy a phone and he is confused between - e72 or N97 or BB BOLD or curve. N97 is too expensive so I advised him against it. E72 or BB Bold or something similar?

It's TTM. :p

Anyway, does this friend have a budget in mind?

Among the shortlisted ones, the Nokia E72 wins hands down !

shaibalik said:
Hey,

Please tell me how much should an Apple iphone 2g(4gb) excellent condition ?? A guy is offering me this phone for 14.5 k with all accessories, box and everything. I also had a look to it, and he has installed many softwares and applications. As a matter of fact he also showed me an application which enables an iphone to have bluetooth transfers. I am asking this just because over here a member has posted his sale of iphone 2g(8gb) with a motorola bluetooth headset for the same price. I am in a dilemma, which one should i go for ?

Well both deals are centered around the iPhone 2G.

Ultimately, its a decision you have to take based on your preference.

Make sure the device is in good, working condition.

~ T.T.M ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back