~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Parv said:
I'm in very urgent requirement of two Reliance CDMA phones.

I've been using two LG RD3500 for around 1.5 yrs, and both's charging socket have gone kaput in last two days :S (probably because of my son :rofl:)

So Now I want one very simple like the 3500, currently 3530 and 3540 is available, so if anybody can comment which is better of two?

Other one I want slightly better for say around 2.5k. What to get?

Please tell me the price also.

The LG 3530 has a 'marginally' better battery life.

Not knowing the exact prices, I really cannot recommend the right device.

Hey guys, my friend here needs a mobile for around 8k.

Any worthy handsets from Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Samsung? Use is general music, Internet, other regular stuff.

Touchscreen is not absolutely essential, and not comfortable to work with as such (with the regular resistive touchscreeens available in the low enders). But then it can be lived with. => This is in context of Nokia handsets which tend to have crap touchscreen as their only input method. Are they so bad? I did not get accustomed to it , though I have not used them for long.

sabby said:
Hey guys, do we have an option for 5230 with WiFi ? Or any model which is ditto as 5230 except having WiFi ? I don't need GPS etc.

Under 9K, the Samsung Star Wifi (8.6K*) would be your only option with the primary difference being the OS.

For a little more, there's the Samsung M5650 Corby 3G (9.4K*).

Hey ttm, looks like the thread i created went waste :( please help me!
Guys, need ur valuable input on possibly my last phone upgrade in the next couple of years.. Budget is a maximum of 22k. The main requirement was touch + Qwerty.. So I've narrowed my options down to the N97 Mini(Nokia N97 mini - Full phone specifications) and the Samsung B7610 Omnia Pro(Samsung B7610 OmniaPRO - Full phone specifications), more inclined towards the Omnia Pro. Should I be looking at some more options? Increase in budget is absolutely ruled out!

TIA~

for 22k, B7610 is perfect option. Go for it.

sabby said:
Hey guys, do we have an option for 5230 with WiFi ? Or any model which is ditto as 5230 except having WiFi ? I don't need GPS etc.

if you mean a phone that is exactly like 5230 and has wifi, check 5800XM but it costs 13.5k.

bikalpapaudel said:
Hey guys, my friend here needs a mobile for around 8k.

Any worthy handsets from Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Samsung? Use is general music, Internet, other regular stuff.

Touchscreen is not absolutely essential, and not comfortable to work with as such (with the regular resistive touchscreeens available in the low enders). But then it can be lived with. => This is in context of Nokia handsets which tend to have crap touchscreen as their only input method. Are they so bad? I did not get accustomed to it , though I have not used them for long.

Let me start by saying Nokia touchscreens aren't all that bad. It could have been optimized but hey, they are getting there. ;)

So if you are to look at touchscreen devices, you have the following options:

Samsung Corby S3653 ~ 7.2K*
Nokia 5230 ~ 7.9K*
Samsung Star S5233 ~ 8.4K*
Samsung Star S5233 WiIFi ~ 8.6K*

Non-touchscreen options that offer a good blend of features:

Nokia 6303 ~ 6.2K*
LG KM335 ~ 6.5K*
Samsung S5200 ~ 6.9K*
SE C510 ~ 8.5K*

And there are a few music phones to choose from.
~ T.T.M ~

sathyanaidu said:
Hey ttm, looks like the thread i created went waste :( please help me!
Guys, need ur valuable input on possibly my last phone upgrade in the next couple of years.. Budget is a maximum of 22k. The main requirement was touch + Qwerty.. So I've narrowed my options down to the N97 Mini(Nokia N97 mini - Full phone specifications) and the Samsung B7610 Omnia Pro(Samsung B7610 OmniaPRO - Full phone specifications), more inclined towards the Omnia Pro. Should I be looking at some more options? Increase in budget is absolutely ruled out!

TIA~
There aren't any other options if you don't increase your budget.
Given the current budget, the Samsung B7610 fits the bill with aplomb, beating the N97 mini as far as specs go.

However, the difference in OS can be a decisive factor for a few.

~ T.T.M ~

sathyanaidu said:
Ty.. but most people asking me to stay away from Symbian and its boring/dated UI.. which one would you buy if u were given a choice? :O

P.S: Shifting from 5800..

Coming from the 5800, the N97 mini would be a sizable step ahead and something you will get used to.

My choices don't really matter as YOU are going to used the phone. Like I said, it comes down to personal preference.

All I can say is the B7610 does offer a great deal for the asking price.

good luck!

Nokia 2700 Classic should be good for your need. and I don't think you can find a cam with flash and you better not rely on that camera's quality for phones in 4.2k budget.

also check:

SAMSUNG S3310

SONYERICSSON W205

sony ericsson S312

thanks again ttm n desiibond, bought the B7610 for 21k. Will post pics tomo..
Should i upgrade to WinMo 6.5? A few people saying that many apps are not supported after upgrade.. please do lemme know..
thanks again!

Samsung Galaxy I7500 is 14.3k with Univercell, discounted down from 28k
on paper the mobile is having 3.2-inch touch-sensitive AMOLED screen with a resolution of 320x480 pixels, 5MP camera, Wi-Fi, GPS, 8GB internal memory and microSDHC card slot.
for someone like me- looking for a mobile around 15k, This seems like a OK choice - is there a catch ? Please advise. Possibly this is from 2009- but can the OS be upgraded ?

^no
Android 2.0 requires 256mb ram. It has only 128mb. Have a look at HTC Tattoo.

Need phone urgent. 3-3.5k

1.Mp3 player
2.Card slot
3.3.5mm jack(would really love that)

No lg,micromax,airfone,karbonn and lemon mobile plz!

skada said:
Please advice on mobile between 10-12k
1. Good Camera (Geo-Tagging would be +)
2. Good GPS
3. Battery Life

If you are looking for a great camera phone, check N79 and SE Yari, both are now retailing at 12k-13k I assume and yari has 5 MP, 2592 x 1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, face detection, image stabilizer, 30fps video recording. If strictly inside 12k, check SE K810i, Motozine ZN5, Nokia N73me but these may not support Geo-Tagging.

My pick: yari ofcourse.

amitmishra12 said:
^no
Android 2.0 requires 256mb ram. It has only 128mb. Have a look at HTC Tattoo.

Need phone urgent. 3-3.5k

1.Mp3 player
2.Card slot
3.3.5mm jack(would really love that)

No lg,micromax,airfone,karbonn and lemon mobile plz!

Motorola ROKR EM325
Samsung M200 (comes with 3.5mm adapter I think)

sathyanaidu said:
thanks again ttm n desiibond, bought the B7610 for 21k. Will post pics tomo..
Should i upgrade to WinMo 6.5? A few people saying that many apps are not supported after upgrade.. please do lemme know..
thanks again!

hmm. not sure about this but any app on windows marketplace "http://marketplace.windowsphone.com/Default.aspx" should work on all 6.x winmo versions.

Windows Mobile 6.5 Review: There's No Excuse For This - Windows mobile 6.5 review - Gizmodo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back