The Motorola Defy Thread

Hmmmm,battery drain prob.....strange
Im actually on WIUI GB(Stable) and i have no issues whtsoever....maybe try that out
For the base ROM i used nordic's full sbf,u can try tht as well....

Isn't the SBF that I mentioned Nordic ? (There's so much slang to cover :) )

Finally I got a stable ICS - Epsylon's latest nightly + 0429Gapps + CM7 kernel. Doing good on my defy. The sudden battery drops are there. Something like this -

24mv049.jpg

( This is a reference pic, not mine). This is the kind of drop I experience. Google says I'm not the only one and this seems to be a popular issue and probably it is a battery issue. See here

Guys my defy fell from my hand accidentally and has suffered screen bleeding. What can be done?

Ooouch !! Then my friend,the only solution to get it 100% fixed is the LCD replacement :(

Isn't the SBF that I mentioned Nordic ? (There's so much slang to cover :) )

Finally I got a stable ICS - Epsylon's latest nightly + 0429Gapps + CM7 kernel. Doing good on my defy. The sudden battery drops are there. Something like this -

24mv049.jpg

( This is a reference pic, not mine). This is the kind of drop I experience. Google says I'm not the only one and this seems to be a popular issue and probably it is a battery issue. See here

The one that you have flashed is the offical froyo update for Southeast Asia(SEA)
Why don't you try flashing this as a base - DepositFiles (This is nordic - 3.4.2_177-005_NORDIC)

And do you get fluctuating phone signal too as shown in the above reference pic ?
If you are on 3G then the battery drain will not be the same as on 2G and plus recently even i have experienced phone signal fluctuating on 3G which kinda hits the battery hard :(

Darn! In short I'm #####d.. Spending 4.5k on a two year old phone is just too much. How much would it fetch if sold?

Well,with a broken LCD panel you won't get much for it....Probably somewhere around 3k
And i'm sure you d0n't wanna give this baby away for just 3-4K,better get it fixed and use the phone either as a primary or secondary

Darn! In short I'm #####d.. Spending 4.5k on a two year old phone is just too much. How much would it fetch if sold?

I just sold my Defy on TE, 1 year old with LCD replaced for 10.5k But my phone was pretty much in mint condition. so depends on how yours is. with broken LCD, U wont find any buyers. repair it and sell it or keep it as a secondary phone.

Will have to do something as suggested. Is it safe to try out something other than the motorola service center. As i have had a hard time last year when i had given the phone for lcd replacement as it was a manufacturing defect. I was given the replacement for free, but it took almost two months and a lot of harsh words to get it done.

Will have to do something as suggested. Is it safe to try out something other than the motorola service center. As i have had a hard time last year when i had given the phone for lcd replacement as it was a manufacturing defect. I was given the replacement for free, but it took almost two months and a lot of harsh words to get it done.

Wouldnt recommend going out of ASC, loosing spill proof alone aint worth the trouble. Stick with ASC mate,

Would like to ask what ROM are you guys currently on now? :) I'm on CM9, and although it looks good, I'm facing random reboots from time to time, and the phone overall feels a little bit slower than usual, although the Quadrant score is 1700.

By the way, guys, please post your Quadrant Benchmark scores, along with ROM info. Use Quadrant Benchmark :) https://play.google.com/store/apps/...zb2Z0d29ya3MucXVhZHJhbnQudWkuc3RhbmRhcmQiXQ..

I'm currently on WIUI but i kinda switch between CM9 and pratically every ROM out there for defy :p
Right now,Defy is my secondary device since i have GNex but will post my Quadrant score soon

I'm currently on WIUI but i kinda switch between CM9 and pratically every ROM out there for defy :p
Right now,Defy is my secondary device since i have GNex but will post my Quadrant score soon

Dude..can you help me out then? I am on CM7, but want to change to some other ROM, kinda bored with this. Suggest another stable ROM with eye candy?

I just installed the latest CM9 nightly, and performance is slightly better with Quadrant score at 1750.

The bootmenu and recovery were automatically upgraded. However the recovery couldn't make a Nandroid backup. It gave errors like "Problem in backing up /data" and "Problem in backing up android.secure" without any specific error code or anything like that.

Should I install 2nd-init 1.4.2 and attempt to make the backup again?
@YashBhatt Need your expertise on this. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude..can you help me out then? I am on CM7, but want to change to some other ROM, kinda bored with this. Suggest another stable ROM with eye candy?

I really dunno what you would consider as eyecandy,But you can certainly try out WIUI(WajUI)

I just installed the latest CM9 nightly, and performance is slightly better with Quadrant score at 1750.

The bootmenu and recovery were automatically upgraded. However the recovery couldn't make a Nandroid backup. It gave errors like "Problem in backing up /data" and "Problem in backing up android.secure" without any specific error code or anything like that.

Should I install 2nd-init 1.4.2 and attempt to make the backup again?
@YashBhatt Need your expertise on this. :)

I'm on WIUI and i have a quadrant score of 1902,so thats pretty good
Yes,Installing 2nd-init is a must buddy,do try that out !!

Last edited by a moderator:
YashBhatt WOW. I guess CM9 is not very well-optimized. Have you run the V6 Supercharger script? Because before running that I had a score of just 1500. ^_^

Anyway I did install 2nd-init old version and now I got a md5 mismatch error while restoring the nandroid. I solved it using this some adb commands ([How To] Fix md5 mismatch nandroid restore - xda-developers) and my old CM9 with all my apps is restoring now! :D

Now after backing up all my apps with Titanium Backup, onto CM7 Whiterabbit Edition! :yahoo:That ROM seems really promising!

[ROM][CM7] WhiteRabbit Edition 1.5.2 *AROMA INSTALLER* - xda-developers

EDIT : Ah crap problem while restoring android_secure! What to do now? :(

For some reason even though that error showed up my old CM9 booted normally. Maybe it was because CM9 was already installed and I didn't do a data wipe before doing the restore.

I suppose I'll flash 2.2 Nordic SBF before flashing CM7, as I've been running into many peculiar problems!

YashBhatt WOW. I guess CM9 is not very well-optimized. Have you run the V6 Supercharger script? Because before running that I had a score of just 1500. ^_^

Anyway I did install 2nd-init old version and now I got a md5 mismatch error while restoring the nandroid. I solved it using this some adb commands ([How To] Fix md5 mismatch nandroid restore - xda-developers) and my old CM9 with all my apps is restoring now! :D

Now after backing up all my apps with Titanium Backup, onto CM7 Whiterabbit Edition! :yahoo:That ROM seems really promising!

[ROM][CM7] WhiteRabbit Edition 1.5.2 *AROMA INSTALLER* - xda-developers

EDIT : Ah crap problem while restoring android_secure! What to do now? :(

I don't use the V6 charger i find it pointles tbh...
Why do u wanna restore android_secure,dammm bro !! you restore too much :p

For some reason even though that error showed up my old CM9 booted normally. Maybe it was because CM9 was already installed and I didn't do a data wipe before doing the restore.

I suppose I'll flash 2.2 Nordic SBF before flashing CM7, as I've been running into many peculiar problems!

Start with a fresh 2.2 Nordic Full sbf and then move on from there
The only thing you need to restore is your SMS,keep a backup
Contacts get added while the google acc gets added and you can download the apps from the market

Need help guys!
I was on CM7.2 RC3 and I tried to flash CM9, followed all the steps as mentioned on the XDA site. (latest CM9 nightly + 2.3 kernel + gapps)
After flashing and rebooting the phone, it is stuck in the google logo since then and not going further! removed the battery for some time , but still the same.

I tried to go to recovery mode, even that is not happening.
What are my options now? I have no backup of any sort.

Thanks in advance!

**-------------
Problem Solved, I was using the wrong kernel..everything is fine now!

Back