The Netscape Browser v8.0 BETA (Reviewed)

M

MysticYogi

Netscape Browser provides more security options, streamlines more standard browsing tasks and arms internet users with more timesaving solutions to their browsing needs than any other browser.

screenshot.jpg

Netscape 8.0 pre-Beta is now available for Netscape Prototype testers. This is Version 0.9.4, based on Firefox 1.0.

The general public beta (scheduled to be released today) has been pushed back a couple of weeks due to some bugs which we aren't yet comfortable with the general public experiencing.

Netscape began by trying to make an Internet that users found easy to use. Today we offer integrations of intuitive digital tools, innovative attractions and infinite media content.

The revolutionary new Netscape Browser 8 provides more security options, streamlines more standard browsing tasks and arms internet users with more timesaving solutions to their browsing needs than any other browser.

Important Features :

* Tabbed Browsing
Tabbed browsing lets you have multiple web pages open in one window. This feature is great for organizing and freeing up desktop space because it files your web pages in a series of tabs.

* Site Controls
The new Netscape Browser gives you more ways to make your browser secure than any other browser.

* Multi-Bar
Multi-Bars let you customize up to ten different browser toolbars you can access with a single click.

* Form Fill/Passcard
The Netscape Browser makes remembering your site passwords and filling out information forms on site simple.

* Live Content
With Live Content you have one-click access to information important to you.

My Review :

Ok...here goes my review, I just downloaded the version 8.0 Beta version of the Netscape which is a re-modified version / built on FireFox v1.0.

The speed is awesome, as when compared to other browsers which have a stiff competion, the Netscape v8.0 Beta is simply the best, amazing speed, better than FireFox and skin is simply best.

The Amazing Speed, is really the best features. Apart from these speeds, rest of the features is just a replica of FireFox + Opera.

There are two rendering engines to choose from : Netscape and Internet Explorer and IE looks faster than Netscape and all options exactly seen via Opera.

The interface looks like FF and functionality looks like Opera. I treid downloading skin from FirefOX and tried installing it, did'nt work. The beta version has some bugs, which will be fixed on the final release.

Instead if me reviewing complete features, check out the 10 awesome screenshots I have taken and you will know Netscape s on the way to rock the browser industry.

Screenshots :

>> Shows when starting Netscape v8.0 Beta (Chapera (Looks like Opera :p ) Browser v8.0 Beta)

>> The main browser, just loaded our home page via it and loaded in just 5 seconds via my 128 kbps connection.

>>Option for specific site and where rendering engines can be choosed.

>> The about Box of Netscape v8.0 Beta ! Check the "Built on FireFox v1.0" !

>> Weather Tab ! Just enter ur pin code or state/city name ans get latest weather reports on ur borwser. A good one for US guys :)

http://img225.exs.cx/img225/16/scr65jf.png << Click The Link
>> The Defalut menu bar is the above picture and can be changed to :

http://img225.exs.cx/img225/4660/scr78pa.png << Click The Link
>> Making the browser area bit bigger than default.

>> The Side bar (exactly like opera has), when pressed F9, appears and also has function to log in to AIM messenger from Web.

>> The Import Window, just like the FireFox has !!

Yea, hope the Netscape Navigator v8.0 Beta really impressed you geeks a lot. Its still in beat and this version is only for protoype testers of AOL. If you wanna give it a try now, PM and I will send the download link and u can try and post ur review / comments here.

You can find more info : http://browser.netscape.com/nsb/

Mystic ... :)

hmmm....not even one reply ? may you guys did'nt like to know about Netscape Browser ?

lol Mystic! maybe some people get insulted hearing about browsers other then Firefox :p....but then again thanks alot for the info and btw great post :hap2: :clap:

if looks could kill ...... :p

It sure looks superb. Time i gave it some hard drive ;) :p
Will post my "drive" experience asap

Btw grt post mystic. You got an award :cheers:

Open Warning:
I dunno how people have used this. Mine crashed 2 times in 10 mins, i got a memory hog with 512MB ram and had to restart. And to top it all its firefox with serious compatibility probs. (Eg bbcode plugin not supported. And No google plugins. Good old AOL. Trust them to make a mockery of any browser.

Dear firefox users give this a pass. Other users, you wanna see a good looking browser which sucks big time, you found it right here.. :p

lol...
i've heard that its same firefox with sm cosmetic makeover.
its a resource hogger.
now that u've confirmed, i take back my previous comment...
its not worth a try :p

The story with Netscape 8 is that AOL hired some consulting firm to work on the Firefox 1.0 codebase and make a few additions to it - the most notable being the IE rendering thing.

I feel that this might be a blessing in disguise for Microsoft - for Netscape has a strong brand name. So Netscape having a relaunch might split the opposition for Microsoft's IE

Should be interesting to watch how this turns out

Back