The New Flagship: Ryzen 9 3950X

199 dollars. So 17k ?
On newegg the i9-9900K is 495 USD and 41k on mdcomputers.
Going by that calculation 17k looks about right for 200 USD(16,657 INR as per simple math).

But AMD is always overpriced in India-
The 2700X is 285 USD vs 27.5k INR

By this logic 199 USD turns out to be 19K INR. :(

damn.. any idea when the prices of 2600 or 2600x will drop ? i am planning to get one lol.. thought the 3600 might be under 17k..but by the looks of things it might start from 20k..

AMD prices have always been whack in india. Same with AMD graphics cards too. Both intel processors and nvidia graphics cards were cheaper than AMD offerings in india. Never really knew why.

however last year when I went to my regular PC guy, he was pushing AMD processors hard so may be things are a changing

I'm stuck with a 4690k for sometime now and itching to upgrade it.. If the pricing is right then I may as well go for it..
Also have my eyes on the 9400f as my purpose is mainly gaming and some minor video capture/editing stuff..

The 9400f looks all the more attractive now at 11.8k but with vulnerability being exposed every few months, is it safe buying Intel right now? Not to mention the performance downgrade with the new micro code updates via windows and bios

The 9400f looks all the more attractive now at 11.8k but with vulnerability being exposed every few months, is it safe buying Intel right now? Not to mention the performance downgrade with the new micro code updates via windows and bios
AFAIK the vulnerability exists only with hyper threading.. 9400f does not have hyper threading so should be safe no?

I'm stuck with a 4690k for sometime now and itching to upgrade it.. If the pricing is right then I may as well go for it..
Also have my eyes on the 9400f as my purpose is mainly gaming and some minor video capture/editing stuff..
I would suggest waiting for a bit for the Ryzen 5 parts and B550 series motherboards to come out. I would also look forward to Intel's answer to Zen 2 but with the 10 nm performance issues vs 14nm+++ nodes I don't think Intel will bring anything to the plate (especially in the enthusiast DIY segment) before Christmas sales season or even 2020

I believe it :D If they can release 12 cores at 105w then not too far a stretch to see 16 cores at the same TDP due to higher quality silicon batches. (dies)

I believe it :D If they can release 12 cores at 105w then not too far a stretch to see 16 cores at the same TDP due to higher quality silicon batches. (dies)
Or they might be taking a page out of Intel's book with the TDP ratings (95W 9900K anyone) and I am sceptical about the 105W rating for the 12 core as well.

Back