The New Flagship: Ryzen 9 3950X

i can't wait for the 3000 series to hit the indian market...i think i'll buy a good b450 board and a 16gb ram kit and wait for the 3600 or 3600x under 20-22k lol

i can't wait for the 3000 series to hit the indian market...i think i'll buy a good b450 board and a 16gb ram kit and wait for the 3600 or 3600x under 20-22k lol
Good idea. The PCIE 4.0 features are mostly not worth it for us Indian consumers now. Very few of us have PCIE 4.0 nvme RAID setups and our GPUs do not even saturate PCIE 3.0.
Only real world thing that X570 might have a leg up over 3xx/4xx series chipsets is better memory overclocking since they have moved over to daisy chain topology.

Wait for B550 chipset to be out; could be real VFM.
I think they might be a bit late as AMD has the better position in the market right now and being a public company will definitely try to milk the market for what it's worth.
AFAIK their share price is up 24%.
From their PoV I think AMD is expecting users to use B450/X470 motherboards for the midrange Zen 2 chips and so B550 will be delayed so that the western enthusiasts with deeper pockets buy the X570 boards which will be the exclusive PCIE Gen 4 boards for quite some time.
I mean that would be the only reason why we see so many X570 boards from the board partners like Asus,MSI,Gigabyte et all.

Interesting article with far more detail than usual tech sites-

Sometimes I miss anandtech of old with their in-depth analysis.

Just like what I said.

Thanks to @Chaos for pushing me to buy the Crosshair VI Hero which should be good enough for the 3900X

After founder left it, that site has not been able to manage expectation.
Yeah their quality went down the gutter after Anand Lal Shimpi left for Intel.

Nowadays I find guru3d and GamersNexus on Youtube the most technically proficient reviewers in the game.

Yeah their quality went down the gutter after Anand Lal Shimpi left for Intel.

Nowadays I find guru3d and GamersNexus on Youtube the most technically proficient reviewers in the game.

Add Buildzoid and Roman(der8auer) to that list. I wait for their reviews and videos like a hawk.

Add Buildzoid and Roman(der8auer) to that list. I wait for their reviews and videos like a hawk.
Ahh the Buildzoid the VRM fanboy. In fact I checked his video to ensure that the Asus C6H is good enough for the 3900X.

As for Roman I usually watch the GN collaborations as his hardcore LN2 OC stuff goes over my head.

For anyone who wants a 4 core 8 thread, is the 3400g the only option?
Keep in mind though that the 3000G series APUs are built on Zen+ architecture i.e. the same as the Ryzen 2000 series CPUs. The only advantage over the Ryzen 3000 series are the inbuilt GPUs on Vega 11 architecture.

AFAIK Zen APU and laptop CPUs are one architectural generation behind the main desktop line

Keep in mind though that the 3000G series APUs are built on Zen+ architecture i.e. the same as the Ryzen 2000 series CPUs. The only advantage over the Ryzen 3000 series are the inbuilt GPUs on Vega 11 architecture.

AFAIK Zen APU and laptop CPUs are one architectural generation behind the main desktop line
Thanks. This is news to me. This is very important to point out as anyone buying the 3400g would think hes getting ipc improvements on the processing unit as well . They should mention it in big bold letters

AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16 Core CPU Benchmark Leaks Out, Obliterates The Intel Core i9-9980XE 18 Core CPU in Single and Multi-Threaded Workloads
The chip scored 5868 points in single-core and 61072 points in multi-core performance tests. To put things into perspective, the Ryzen Threadripper 2950X scores around 4800 points in single and 38000 points in multi-core tests on average. The AMD Ryzen Threadripper part has 16 cores and costs $899 US. The Intel Core i9-9980XE on the other hand scores around 5300 points in single and 42000 points in multi-core performance test and has 18 cores with a retail price of $2000 US.

Reference : https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-9-3950x-16-core-cpu-benchmark-leak-crushes-intel-core-i9-9980xe/

This leak is of an engineering sample and not the final 3950x I believe. Even the motherboard is some weird test version I gather.

Yes you're right. But it ain't for us air/AIO cooler people.Heck I dunno if we'll even see a 3950X bonkers build here in this forum with the way user activity has been dropping off a cliff lately.

From the news itself-

Obviously, we need to fire off a disclaimer, as we do not know at what conditions the Ryzen 9 3950X was tested. However, it is listing a 3.3 GHz base and 4.3 GHz Turbo clock assumes an engineering sample. Results thus could be even better as the specs will be 3.5 and 4.7 GHz. In further comparison to say an Intel Core i9- 9900K, this product scores roughly 6209 for a single thread. But if that Turbo really was at 4.3, then AMD has 400 MHz left on the final product.

Looks like B550 will be late to the party to push the X570 boards.

Back