The New Flagship: Ryzen 9 3950X

2020 is quite late. Why not get them released near holiday season ?
I guess their plan is to milk the high end early adopter crowd to go for X570. As for the rest of us AMD knows that we have no need for nvme PCIE Gen4 RAID and we will buy X470/B450 boards. So from their PoV why bother?

Seems like AMD has won a lottery with Intel facing so many issues with their 10 nm process. Yields are so low that we will only see high margin laptop and server CPUs being launched in 10 nm for the next year I guess.

On the desktop side Intel might be able to counter Ryzen in 2020. But of course they will bring out some 300W 14nm++++ CPU in the meantime to brag about benchmarks but those CPUs will be hard to buy due to manufacturing shortages.

Whoa. Intel might be undercutting their CPUs by upto 15%. Take with the customary pinch of salt though as Intel has never played this game.
But overall we customers will benefit from this competition.

Reviews should be out by tomorrow (except for the 16-core part) so which websites are you folks going to go read/view them?

Reviews should be out by tomorrow (except for the 16-core part) so which websites are you folks going to go read/view them?
anandtech,guru3d and techpowerup for write-up and GamersNexus for Youtube.

Indian prices look okay to me but take this with a pinch of salt until the usual retailers like mdcomputers/primeabgb/vedant list them online.

Last edited:
I prefer the other Steve from Hardware unboxed compared to GamerNexus one..
Many reviews from small utubers are already out..
Just read a 3600 review and although it performs better than 2nd gen ryzen, it is not like the rumors which claimed that it will match 9900k in gaming performance..

I prefer the other Steve from Hardware unboxed compared to GamerNexus one..
Many reviews from small utubers are already out..
Just read a 3600 review and although it performs better than 2nd gen ryzen, it is not like the rumors which claimed that it will match 9900k in gaming performance..
I read that too and thought it was too good to be true. If you are a publicly traded company and your product can go toe to toe with a 500$ CPU from your competitor you never price it at 200$

anandtech,guru3d and techpowerup for write-up and GamersNexus for Youtube.

Indian prices look okay to me but take this with a pinch of salt until the usual retailers like mdcomputers/primeabgb/vedant list them online.

Online pricing is out on PrimeABGB:

Ryzen 5 3600 - https://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/amd-ryzen-5-3600-3rd-gen-desktop-processor/

Looks inline with techquila

I read that too and thought it was too good to be true. If you are a publicly traded company and your product can go toe to toe with a 500$ CPU from your competitor you never price it at 200$
Every youtube video is up as well.
Post automatically merged:

Damn.... Its like AMD is the DoomSlayer to Intel's imp demon. Windows scheduler is hurting AMD a bit but Microsoft should be patching it and then AMD will be even better,

Seems like i9-9900K is still the gaming champ but AMD is too close to it for comfort and absolutely whacks Intel in productivity especially video encoding which I am interested in.

Now I need to know if there are any issues with using the 3900X on a X370 board.

JayZ did a test with both 9900K and 3900X locked at 4 GHz and the AMD chip wins in all scenarios. So the IPC for AMD architecture is better than Intel which is something they had claimed but I didn't believe.

On top of that AMD TDP is at boost clock whereas Intel TDP is at base clock. If AMD had followed Intel's method then the 105W boost 3900X would kill the 95W base 9900K in everything.

Price list here-

Post automatically merged:

X470 board owners can breathe a sigh of relief. There seems to be minimal deviations in peformance with the same Zen 2 chip on a X470 and a X570.

Still waiting for X370 though.

Last edited:
GST inclusive prices listed on PrimeABGB -> www.primeabgb.com

Prices seem to be even lower incl GST. Good job AMD. Didn't expect this pricing in India.

Back