The New Flagship: Ryzen 9 3950X

GST inclusive prices listed on PrimeABGB -> www.primeabgb.com

PrimeABGB site has gone to shit. wtf? Either it's been hacked or they changed to show some bragpc.com. I'm seeing some developed by PrimeAbGb at bottom so its not hacked. Retard design imo.
Only Intel based customised pcs. Site navigation is a horror. damn. No links to see individual item prices etc like before. Never going to visit that site again now.

PrimeABGB site has gone to shit. wtf? Either it's been hacked or they changed to show some bragpc.com. I'm seeing some developed by PrimeAbGb at bottom so its not hacked. Retard design imo.
Only Intel based customised pcs. Site navigation is a horror. damn. No links to see individual item prices etc like before. Never going to visit that site again now.

Normal for me. Maybe you made a typo while opening the web address?

Called up MD and they said that the R9 3900X will arrive on Friday. Seems a bit odd.

I am planning to pick up mine on Saturday provided some reviews for R9 3900X on X370 throw up no issues.

Check hardwareunboxed's video..
Killing the 3900X with a BETA BIOS worries me. Maybe I should hold off on the purchase till getting some Reddit feedback on Asus C6H+Zen2.

AMD marketing team should really stop overhyping their products like the RX480.
The 3900X is still a bit slower on average compared to the 9900K in gaming benchmarks. On everything else Intel gets shredded(especially on H265 Handbrake encoding which I need).

Last edited:
AMD never overhypes any product, in fact their marketing department is probably the most inept one in tech.
It's always the rabid fanboys on sites like WCCraptech and youtubers like AdoredTV who'll do anything for clicks that gives this impression.

Zen 2 is still a win for end users, the 9900k wasn't going to be beat in gaming but the margin is quite low and at levels where it doesn't matter that much anyways.

Killing the 3900X with a BETA BIOS worries me. Maybe I should hold off on the purchase till getting some Reddit feedback on Asus C6H+Zen2.

Some more information on this:

Seems this issue isn't limited to Asus either - board makers are doing their own crap on top of the AMD AGESA.

One more thread where folks are claiming that the Zen 2 chips are not boosting correctly in games:

Looks like it is best to wait a month or two before thing settle down. The launch has been pretty ****ed up.

Seems this issue isn't limited to Asus either - board makers are doing their own crap on top of the AMD AGESA.

One more thread where folks are claiming that the Zen 2 chips are not boosting correctly in games:

Looks like it is best to wait a month or two before thing settle down. The launch has been pretty ****ed up.
Would it be better to wait for some time?
I am guessing Intel will be slashing prices on the 9th gen CPUs impacted by Ryzen and then AMD might do a "jebait" move again ala 5700 and cut prices on the Zen 2 chips.

I am a bit salty with the SUPER cards keeping in mind I got my RTX 2080 in Oct 2018.

Would it be better to wait for some time?
I am guessing Intel will be slashing prices on the 9th gen CPUs impacted by Ryzen and then AMD might do a "jebait" move again ala 5700 and cut prices on the Zen 2 chips.

I am a bit salty with the SUPER cards keeping in mind I got my RTX 2080 in Oct 2018.

If you are not terribly unhappy with your current CPU, then I'd say wait a month for issues to get sorted.

In that case I think the gaming performance might just improve a bit more.. Lets wait and see follow up videos from GamerNexus n HardwareUnboxed..

If you are not terribly unhappy with your current CPU, then I'd say wait a month for issues to get sorted.
I am thinking the same but I have poor impulse control. :(
I managed to bypass all the issues people had with RAM timings with my R7 1700 by going for the Asus C6H/FlareX 3200 MHz CL14 RAM combo suggested by you.

AMD as usual shoots itself in the foot with launch software but I guess that's the norm when you are competing with two behemoths on two fronts with comparatively shoestring resources.

One thing nobody is talking about though. The next gen consoles will use 8 core Zen2 chips and the game devs will then be focussing on >4 core enhancments instead of taking the easier single core/4 core/higher freuquency route which Intel wins with 5GHz all core boost.

The Ryzen series might turn out to be a better performer in the longer run like the R9 300 series GPUs but its just a speculation from my end which might fall flat on its face as well.

I managed to bypass all the issues people had with RAM timings with my R7 1700 by going for the Asus C6H/FlareX 3200 MHz CL14 RAM combo suggested by you.

Where did you buy your FlareX RAM from? I had a horrid couple of months of system instability/freezing with my regular 2133 mhz RAM Gskill RipjawsV on my B350 board with 1700 cpu but eventually with BIOS updates and some settings it seems to be stable now.

Called up MD and they said that the R9 3900X will arrive on Friday. Seems a bit odd.

I am planning to pick up mine on Saturday provided some reviews for R9 3900X on X370 throw up no issues.

Wait for the 3950X why dont you? By then BIOS updates should have fixed any initial teething problems.

Where did you buy your FlareX RAM from? I had a horrid couple of months of system instability/freezing with my regular 2133 mhz RAM Gskill RipjawsV on my B350 board with 1700 cpu but eventually with BIOS updates and some settings it seems to be stable now.
I managed to buy it locally in Kolkata at Velocity Computers . They managed to source it as well as the C6H for me on request. Had to pay a bit more though.

This is the kit I have which ran from day one at 3200 MHz with no tinkering at all.

Post automatically merged:

In that case I think the gaming performance might just improve a bit more.. Lets wait and see follow up videos from GamerNexus n HardwareUnboxed..
Poor Tech Jesus had no rest last week with so many AMD/SUPER launches and he is bound to be pissed off now that he has to redo all his tests.

BTW anandtech didn't test Intel chips on Windows 1903 which has all the security fixes for Intel baked in and reduces Intel performance. That is not what I expected from Anand Lal Shimpi's successors.

Back