The new perfumes thread maybe?

ashrr

Adept
Hey everyone.

Search brought up a 2 year old thread but it had a lot of activity in it so I thought of creating a new one to discuss this hobby, nay, obsession of mine. Hopefully there are some other members who are into it.

Any recommendations on online stores? I usually buy from StrawberryNET (or retail) but they take up to a week to deliver. Maybe there's a good store within India too.

I'm looking to replace my bottles of Chanel Antaeus and Terre D'Hermes and pick up an Azzaro Pour Homme and a Caron 3rd Man. I'm also looking for good prices on Guerlain Shalimar EDP and Mitsouko, along with Dior Homme Intense.

I'm turning 30 in August so I might treat myself to an Amouage or a Creed depending on how the cash flow is in the coming months. Any idea where I can get originals?

Oh, if some people want some help with suggestions and some other tips, I might be able to help out so feel free to ask (I'm a huge perfumery geek).

What does your collection consist of?
I get mine from abroad (once in a while) or pay retail for certain designers.
Never had any experience with strawberrynet.

Hmm I don't have too many rare fragrances...

Full Bottles in my rotation -

Guerlain Habit Rouge
Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme
Chanel Antaeus
Chanel Egoiste
Terre D'Hermes
YSL M7
YSL M7 Fresh
YSL Jazz
YSL Live Jazz
YSL Kouros
YSL La Nuit De L'Homme
Thierry Mugler A* Men
Thierry Mugler Ice Men
Azzaro Chrome
Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin
Bvlgari Aqua
Bvlgari Pour Homme

Then a few other full bottles which I never really use like DKNY Men, John Varvatos Vintage, Cerruti 1891, 212 Men, Polo Green, Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet and others. I have quite a few 10ml samples but the only noteworthy ones among those are Creed Green Irish Tweed, Shalimar Initial Pure Parfum, Shalimar Initial L'eau, Boucheron Homme and Jaipur Homme.

I always buy from Good Malls
End up paying a few bucks more but its peace of Mind,end of the day..
Recently Bought These :p

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    285.2 KB · Views: 410
Strawberrynet is 100% legit guys. If you can wait a week or two, you get authentic fragrances for much cheaper than retail. Dior Homme Intense is about 700 rupees cheaper than a mall, instance.

I also find shopping for perfume at malls really annoying. The sales people can get really pushy, even when you're clearly asking for something specific.

I have a tiny collection.

30 ml and up decants:
Creed aventus
Chanel (les exclusifs) sycomore
Dior (la collection privee) ambre nuit

Bottles:
Dior homme intense
Chanel allure homme edition blanche
Thierry mugler a*men pure malt creation
Bleu de chanel
Issey miyake L'eau d'issey pour homme
Perry ellis 360 red

Small decants: (less than 10 ml)
Tauer l'air du desert marocain
Le labo rose 31
Bond no. 9 bleeker street
Phaedon tabac rouge

Planning to get some creeds- green irish tweed, royal oud, virgin island water, millesime imperial.
And some Tom ford private blends in the winter :)

VERY nice collection man. Where did you get them? How is the Tauer?

My friend bought Aventus and Sycomore from Dubai and now I want both of them :(

VERY nice collection man. Where did you get them? How is the Tauer?

My friend bought Aventus and Sycomore from Dubai and now I want both of them :(

Got them from the states.
Lddm is a masterpiece. Spicy dry desert like vibe as the name suggests. Its more for personal enjoyment than for a public wearing.

Aventus is pleasant smelling, everyone will like it, but its overhyped. Way too much hype surrounding it than it deserves. Wouldn't want to shell out 11-13k for 4 oz of it (discounted price).
I like git more than aventus to be honest.
Sycomore is brilliant! Perfect office wear during autumn, early spring. Bright, smoky vetiver that exudes class.

I love GIT, but every time I wore it, people just asked if it was Cool Water :p I tried Aventus once and I liked it, but haven't worn it enough. I suppose it's not really the panty dropper that people make it out to be after all :p

A friend of mine is visiting Paris in July. He said he could get me some exclusives directly from Maison Guerlain. Need to do some research to figure out what I want.

Git and coolwater are miles apart both in quality and in construction :)
Its only the people around you that would get a fresh clean vibe which woupd remind them of cool water. This is essentially the topic of green vs blue.

Aventus is a real crowd pleaser, plenty of compliments but it doesn't live up to the massive hype that surrounds it. I'm guessing mi, viw, royal oud will probably be more to my liking.

Guerlain, hmm.. Get the exclusive ones if you can spend 275 usd for 75 ml :p tonka imperial and SDV.
Also, you might find serge lutens perfumes there at a good price.

Git and coolwater are miles apart both in quality and in construction :)
Its only the people around you that would get a fresh clean vibe which woupd remind them of cool water. This is essentially the topic of green vs blue.

Aventus is a real crowd pleaser, plenty of compliments but it doesn't live up to the massive hype that surrounds it. I'm guessing mi, viw, royal oud will probably be more to my liking.

Guerlain, hmm.. Get the exclusive ones if you can spend 275 usd for 75 ml :p tonka imperial and SDV.
Also, you might find serge lutens perfumes there at a good price.

Well I can find Serge Lutens online for decent prices so I can get them later. I'm a huge Guerlain fan so I don't want to pass up this opportunity. Maybe I'll ask him to pick up SDV or Jicky which I can't find anywhere - 275 might be within my budget, I'll have to see. As for GIT vs CW, they're obviously miles apart but 95% of the people can't tell the difference unfortunately. Both are from the same perfumer too.

Ha compared the ones listed above, my collection stands pathetic at

- Lanvin Oxygene
- Hugo Boss energize

Suggest how to build my collection?? And some good starter at 5-6k??

Ha compared the ones listed above, my collection stands pathetic at

- Lanvin Oxygene
- Hugo Boss energize

Suggest how to build my collection?? And some good starter at 5-6k??

Perfume recommendations are difficult without an idea of your tastes but when asked this question, I usually recommend Terre D'Hermes to people. You might love it, or you might only just like it... but it's one fragrance you can't really go wrong with.

Back