The new perfumes thread maybe?

Okay next time i go to a mall, i'll try everything and see what i like and post em here. Then suggest me something!

(mall guy s gonna be pissed for sure :p)

I havent had the chance to sniff them, but i really wish to try portrait of a lady and vetiver extraordinaire. Musc ravageur has a perfect clone, or say, even better than MR itself( due to lack of cumin) in meharees(google it, the house is some l'erbolario or something, they have an ambre narguile clone as well, called dolcelisir).

I'll check it out. I try to avoid cumin in fragrances because it reminds me of Indian food.

Okay next time i go to a mall, i'll try everything and see what i like and post em here. Then suggest me something!

(mall guy s gonna be pissed for sure :p)

Screw the mall guys. You're there to buy something YOU like... not what they thrust on you for commission.

damages? for both??

and why is ur fb name toothbrush lol???

3200 for Jaipur Homme 50ml EDT. You can get a 100 ml for around that price online though. I bought it just to keep the guys at Parcos happy. They tend to give you lots of free samples when you're a regular customer.

The Mitsouko was on sale so I picked it up for Rs. 3800 or so shipped. What I got though was the refill bottle so it doesn't look that great. I didn't want to spend another 2000 just for the original bottle when it's something I've never smelled before. I have no way of knowing whether I'll like it.

Facebook name is a long story lol.

Got the chance to sniff two more creeds-
Royal oud and virgin island water.

Cannot say much atm, but royal oud is a winner! Such an amazing rich scent with just a hint of oud ( fresh woody genre, and thankfully no medicinal oud).

Virgin island water is a disappointment. Had huge expectations, but it smells like a coconut lotion. Also, it is pretty weak in performance as compared to aventus, royal oud and green irish tweed.

Next on my test list( if i get a chance) - millesime imperial.

Got the chance to sniff two more creeds-
Royal oud and virgin island water.

Cannot say much atm, but royal oud is a winner! Such an amazing rich scent with just a hint of oud ( fresh woody genre, and thankfully no medicinal oud).

Virgin island water is a disappointment. Had huge expectations, but it smells like a coconut lotion. Also, it is pretty weak in performance as compared to aventus, royal oud and green irish tweed.

Next on my test list( if i get a chance) - millesime imperial.

VIW IS supposed to smell like coconut I guess :) People from other countries probably find it exotic unlike Indians who are used to smelling it everywhere.

Where did you find these anyway?

gift from my better half !!
:D

http://www.sephora.com/versace-man-eau-fraiche-P169301
!
s972638-main-Lhero.jpg

Guys tell about reliable sites for buying original perfumes online. (local and abroad)

And your personal experiences with any such sites.

Guys tell about reliable sites for buying original perfumes online. (local and abroad)

And your personal experiences with any such sites.

Both my brother and I have bought from StrawberryNet. In fact, the Mitsouko I ordered is from them too. Excellent prices and no hassles so far. What's more, they always have daily sales going on where they sell fragrances for 60 to 70% off. Sometimes you can find some real gems.[DOUBLEPOST=1400593019][/DOUBLEPOST]

How do you like it?

VIW IS supposed to smell like coconut I guess :) People from other countries probably find it exotic unlike Indians who are used to smelling it everywhere.

Where did you find these anyway?

Yes, it is coconut based, but it has an equal partner in lime (as per fragrantica). I wanted more lime than coconut. Some batches are coconut heavy, some are lime heavy. Wore it again, and it actually performs very well, almost similar performance as that of Aventus.
Was a gift from a friend.

Next on my to-try list - Tom ford Oud Wood, Noir de Noir, Tuscan Leather, Tobacco Vanille, Plum Japonais. Will try to sniff this weekend.

Good gift for the summer from her! :)

Oh and on a sidenote: http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Guerlain-L-Homme-Ideal-5506.html

New Mainstream Guerlain release! notes seem promising for a mainstream release.

Last edited:
Both my brother and I have bought from StrawberryNet. In fact, the Mitsouko I ordered is from them too. Excellent prices and no hassles so far. What's more, they always have daily sales going on where they sell fragrances for 60 to 70% off. Sometimes you can find some real gems.[DOUBLEPOST=1400593019][/DOUBLEPOST]

How do you like it?
It has a fresh aquatic smell to it with a woody basenote. Its a nice fragrance though the lasting and projection is less.
The formulation seems to have changed over the yrs. Seemed a tad bit fruity when i smelled it recently.

Yes, it is coconut based, but it has an equal partner in lime (as per fragrantica). I wanted more lime than coconut. Some batches are coconut heavy, some are lime heavy. Wore it again, and it actually performs very well, almost similar performance as that of Aventus.
Was a gift from a friend.

Next on my to-try list - Tom ford Oud Wood, Noir de Noir, Tuscan Leather, Tobacco Vanille, Plum Japonais. Will try to sniff this weekend.

Good gift for the summer from her! :)

Oh and on a sidenote: http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Guerlain-L-Homme-Ideal-5506.html

New Mainstream Guerlain release! notes seem promising for a mainstream release.

Ooh I wanna know about Tuscan Leather and Tobacco Vanille.

If you are in delhi, you should pay a visit to the tom ford boutique at dlf emporio mall and check out the entire private blend range :)

I went there once and i remember falling in love with noir de noir, oud wood and tuscan leather. Didnt like tv that much. But now that i'm planning to get two bottles in the winter, i need to test them again.

Tuscan leather is strong. Sometimes too over powering. You should try the bois rogue, grey vetivert and oud wood. Tom ford extreme and black orchid are the typical tom ford perfumes, gr8 for mumbai weather.
I would stay away or wouldnt want someone wearing tobacco vanilline anywhere around me.

You should try the bulgari man (2010 edition).

Tuscan leather is strong. Sometimes too over powering. You should try the bois rogue, grey vetivert and oud wood. Tom ford extreme and black orchid are the typical tom ford perfumes, gr8 for mumbai weather.
I would stay away or wouldnt want someone wearing tobacco vanilline anywhere around me.

You should try the bulgari man (2010 edition).

My friend wears tl layered with aventus, tl layered with ndn and tl layered with tv. Tl smoothened with a softer edge sounds good. Will try that once.
Gret vetiver was soapy for me, didnt like it. I dont remember why i didnt like neroli portofino too, i only remember not liking it haha.
Oud wood is amazing. Classy.

Back