The NEW Sony Xperia mini v/s Moto Defy

Hi all,

I'm upgrading to a new android mid range smartphone from the Nokia 5800 which was a huge disappointment..

A my budget is 15K max it is a tossup between two phones - The NEW Sony Ericsson Xperia mini v/s the rugged Motorola Defy..!!

I vl be using this phone for atleast 2 years

My main requirements are moderate games like angry birds,ninja dash,fruit ninja and the like,internet browsing and good music capabilities

I am not familiar with flashing custom roms(though may try it in future:eek:hyeah:)

So which phone is better at this point of time??:huh:

P.S recently saw rumors of Moto Defy+...is it worth waiting for?

Edit: Pls dont suggest the Spice MI 410 as it is too large for my liking!!:)

The screen size and resolution of the Sony Xperia mini is a downer since its just 3" and HVGA. So you might need a bigger screen. So i would suggest you to check it out before buying.

But the SOC of the SE ie., the MSM8255 and Adreno 205 is superior to the OMAP 3420 800MHz and the SGX530 of the defy. Considering the resolution the SE should be buttery smooth :D

i started my android buying thing with the new SE xperia mini. It is an amazing phone. If u can adjust with the 3 inch screen. Its your choice. Only scrren is a downline when compared to defy.

I think Sony Xperia Mini is better spec wise compared to Moto Defy. The processor and gpu is much better as it has 1 ghz compared to 800 mhz found in moto defy. Only question is are you happy with a 3 inch screen. But spec wise, camera wise, multimedia wise sony is better than moto defy. Moto defy is better than sony in one thing, ruggedness.

*the best is Xperia mini with 1ghz proccy and stylish looks, bravia engine display,720p video, gingerbread, timescape or the complete UI, really fall in love...

the only con is smaller screen with smaller resolution

*for defy, you can overclock, but it cant compete with xperia because of inferior CPU & GPU...

the pros over xperia is 3.7in screen with higher resolution and dust/water(rugged) proof, gorrila display

as far my consideration who is buying xperia mini, better go for mini pro(with sliding QWERTY)

I would never buy a Sony after my experience with the SE Xperia Mini Pro. Not only that, Moto Defy is an incredible device for the price its available in the market. I'd anytime go for Moto Defy eyes closed.

Thanx all:)

Will the smallish 3" screen of the Xperia mini be too small to play games like angry birds and fruit ninja..?? And will it hinder the overall Android experience?:huh:

The screen is the only thing which is holding me back!!:(

Thanx all

Will the smallish 3" screen of the Xperia mini be too small to play games like angry birds and fruit ninja..?? And will it hinder the overall Android experience?

The screen is the only thing which is holding me back!!

Back