The Power Supply Unit recommendation thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro,

1. I think Silverstone strider is not available at lammy, was confirmed today when you were at lammy...

2. Seasonic 430 was suggested, but ITWARES was closed today.

3. GX450 was also suggested by me... This is the only model in CM GX series which is a really good, unlike other GX series model who can be time bomb at times.. So at 3.3K as you were limited on budget, this is what will serve you better...

If you find Seasonic 430, then surely get it as Hades has suggested... If not and limited on budget, Cm GX450 or CM real power pro 460.... If willing to spend 3.9K, then get GS600

thegatekeeper said:

Aneesh@4GHz said:
CX400 is not avail here,only cx430 is available for 2600rs,fsp is also not available here,which one should i get?
Hades. said:
Spend 400 bucks more and buy Seasonic S12II 430w from TheITWares...

Guys finally found FSP SAGA II 500W from a dealer,he quoted 2050RS + Tax.Seems like a good price. :)

FSP Saga II 500w is an okish psu... Its not even 80+ certified... Why dont buy something better when you really can afford to...

Aneesh@4GHz said:
Guys finally found FSP SAGA II 500W from a dealer,he quoted 2050RS + Tax.Seems like a good price. :)

Get the Gigabyte Superb 640. It has better efficiency that the FSP SAGAII. Else try to get a Seasonic S12II 430w or a Corsair CX400 if you can spend a bit more.

Hades. said:
FSP Saga II 500w is an okish psu... Its not even 80+ certified... Why dont buy something better when you really can afford to...
DarkAngel said:
Get the Gigabyte Superb 640. It has better efficiency that the FSP SAGAII. Else try to get a Seasonic S12II 430w or a Corsair CX400 if you can spend a bit more.

Here only Coolermaster Real Power 460(3600rs) , cx430(2600)rs ,FSP 500W (2050rs) and vx550 (4650rs) are available,I am searching for Antec Neo Eco 400 and Seasonic S12 II 430

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Searched for CX400,But no one had that and the funny thing is once i went to a dealer and asked for CORSAIR power supply,he told me corsair is not available here,i can give you Odyssey psu.LOL.I ran out of there... :)

Aneesh@4GHz said:
Here only Coolermaster Real Power 460(3600rs) , cx430(2600)rs ,FSP 500W (2050rs) and vx550 (4650rs) are available,I am searching for Antec Neo Eco 400 and Seasonic S12 II 430

Searched for CX400,But no one had that and the funny thing is once i went to a dealer and asked for CORSAIR power supply,he told me corsair is not available here,i can give you Odyssey psu.LOL.I ran out of there... :)

Thats sad :( If you have a tight budget then you are stuck with the SAGAII 500w i guess. But keep in mind that it has only 4 SATA connectors.

@Aneesh

Why dont you buy Seasonic S12II 430 online from TheItWares if this PSU is really not available in your city... You can be rest assured that you would receive it in great condition as he is our Official TE Dealer...

Guys will a corsair cx400 will draws more power than my current local intex crap?One of the dealer said,if you change the psu to a higher watt one,your power draw will increase and electricity charges will increase. :(

Aneesh@4GHz said:
Guys will a corsair cx400 will draws more power than my current local intex crap?One of the dealer said,if you change the psu to a higher watt one,your power draw will increase and electricity charges will increase. :(

Quite to the contrary, your power draw from the socket will be lower as the Corsair CX400 is a 80% efficiency certified unit. Compare this to a crappy Intex PSU whose efficieny might be 50% at best. So to provide the same amount of DC power to your rig, the Intex will pull more AC power from the socket than a CX400. Plus the efficieny will be maintained for longer periods thanks to the quality components that go into making a CX400.

Additionally, you get cleaner power from the Corsair which reduces the risk of your rig components getting damaged/destroyed.

Go for it eyes closed. And dont try to tell this to the dealer and waste your time ;).

Aneesh@4GHz said:

Wat the ****... Actually the power drawn will decrease due to the efficiency of the unit...

Efficieny decides how much power it draw take from the source to deliver its quoted rating.

This is how it goes,
Efficiency = output/input. So in ur case CX400 is 80+ certified.. If ur rig needs 400W, it'll pull : Input = output/eff. i.e, I = 400*100/80 = 500W from AC supply

Now in case of some X-branded PSU, (like intex)
Eff. say ~60%
If u manage to pull 400W from it, I = 400*100/60 = 666.67W from AC supply...

Got it..

So he is wrong ,He told me with some of his experience,but i hadnt heard of this before,after changing his psu to vx650,his ups back up had gone half he was getting before.What might be the problem here?

The 650W if is 80% eff. then its losing 20% as elec as heat which is much higher as compared to a 400W with 80% which is losing 20% of it via heat generated...

SO the 650 is losing 130 off Watts and the 400 about 80 watts ...

hence the consumption is more...

and therefore lesser back up!!!
What dont you understand?

Really people it is hard to understand maybe, but not rocket science..

Higher watt SMPS will lose more Watts to heat if they are equally effieient.

Moral of the story:Higher watted PSU is not better on the contrary will make you consume more power,

it depends on the consumption of the pc AT IDLE AND LOAD....

Infected said:
The 650W if is 80% eff. then its losing 20% as elec as heat which is much higher as compared to a 400W with 80% which is losing 20% of it via heat generated...
SO the 650 is losing 130 off Watts and the 400 about 80 watts ...
hence the consumption is more...
and therefore lesser back up!!!
What dont you understand?

Moral of the story:Higher watted PSU is not better on the contrary will make you consume more power,
Thanks bro.Got it. :) Thanks for all who helped me . :)

Infected said:

So u say that a 850W PSU consumes more power than a 450W, wen the required DC power is 400W ??

If yes.. I dont think its true...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back