The Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 Thread

modded the $h!t out my pes 2010 demo.......got most of the good teams national and club..an excellent comeback by PES.......btw FIFA 10 is as horrible as 2004 and 2002 versions (PC)

mohaisen79 said:
How many player can play at pes 2010 for ps3 ?

2v2 I am sure of. Don't know if more can play on a single system.

Freefrag said:
modded the $h!t out my pes 2010 demo.......got most of the good teams national and club..an excellent comeback by PES.......btw FIFA 10 is as horrible as 2004 and 2002 versions (PC)

Yeah, I am using the CL mod. Madrid :)hap2:), Barca, Arsenal, ManU, Inter, Juve.

Freefrag said:

FIFA for PC has always been the same since the 2005-06 days.. And what's worse, it's got worse in the gameplay sense.. I just can't comprehend how the console and PC versions can be so different.. The difference is alarming..

PES 2010 ? how could I ever have doubted you? | Technology | guardian.co.uk

PES 2010 – how could I ever have doubted you?

Impressions of PES 2010

PES 2010

Better than FIFA?

Maybe it was the continued innovation of the online play, particularly the 10vs10, or the vastly improved feel of the action. Or perhaps it was the dubious pleasure in playing as Southampton - but FIFA 10 has certainly seduced me recently. And as a total package FIFA 10 is hard to beat. But after a weekend playing PES 2010 it has quickly became obvious that on the pitch – ultimately where it matters most, of course – PES simply plays the more satisfying and entertaining game of football.

The caveat here is that I haven't played online yet. Online play isn't live yet and probably won't be until the week of launch. For me this is crucial. Last year's appallingly convoluted offering – want to play 2vs2 with a friend on the same team? Good luck – really killed the game for me. Have Konami fixed it this year? We'll find out very soon. But if it is the same menu-ridden and laggy mess of last year then FIFA's siren call will become too much.

But on the pitch things are looking very very good indeed. Regular players will know how satisfying PES feels and 2010 is as blissfully expressive as ever. Aerial through balls are a particular delight but first time passes and accurately weighted crosses are all a joy. Le Tissier style 40-yard cross field passes are possible too and the game encourages and rewards you to try out new moves.

The 360 degree control – less heavily marketed here than it is with FIFA but a first for the series – makes a difference too. Initial discomfort soon gives way to a greater feel on the pitch, with plenty of room to improvise as you create space for a cross or shot.

The action feels slightly slower than 2009 but is still much faster than FIFA. A typical PES game is more akin to the recent 4-3 Manchester derby than the continentally paced FIFA. Yes, this is almost a complete reversal of historical trends. But FIFA 2001 – or whenever – goalfests were never this entertaining.

The game feels slightly easier though. I played on regular settings and won the Champions League easily – an 8-0 aggregate win over Man United was a highlight – by using simple tactics of through-balls and double-tap crosses. Whether this is ease is intentional – or maybe I'm better than I thought? - remains to be seen but regular players would be better off starting on at least professional level.

So what else? Well finally – finally! – Konami seems to have got the in-game presentation right. Licensed music and well designed and legible menu screens? Yup, it's a world away from PES of the past. The Champions League licence is central to the game and the menus give you all the encouragement you need to get started on your campaign. Maybe next year we'll get the Johnstones Paint Trophy too? Another nice touch is the muted celebrations from the crowd when you score away from home. The crowd noise generally seems more realistic too – I'm sure they cheered when I cleared a header off the line.

Then there is the Community mode, a new addition to the series. It is essentially a long term record of your results against friends. Great. But currently it is offline only and pointless for anyone old enough to live away from their mates.

So, 48 hours in and I'm thoroughly enjoying PES 2010. Yes, I'm crossing fingers that online is finally sorted, but when it comes to the basic on-pitch action there looks to be a clear winner. I ended my FIFA 10 review by saying PES had it all to do. Well, after a weekend with PES 2010 I'm very confident it has succeeded. Sorry to have doubted you old friend.

Ahh.. the relief..

only thing I'm surprised is that no one has addressed the issue of delay which was quite blatant on the demo.. I just hope they have fixed that for the main game..

RAH7747 said:
Ahh.. the relief..

only thing I'm surprised is that no one has addressed the issue of delay which was quite blatant on the demo.. I just hope they have fixed that for the main game..

We'll know more after we get the reviews starting tomorrow. BUt I have been playing the WE 2010 demo (Japanese version) on the PS3 and the repsonse times are much better than the PES 2010 demos. So yeah, some improvements are definitely there, we'll know more in a couple of hours.

Keep a look out on PESFan.com - Official PES fan site for Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer with Forums, News, Downloads, Trailers. They are releasing a huge amount of information starting at midnight GMT.

have been loyal to fifa since started playing games but so dissapointed with the fifa 2010 that i might switch over to the PES.
Pes needs to have more stadiums and much better commentary(commentary in fifa is funny but would still pawn pes anyday)

PES - Gameplay.. FIFA - all the other stuff..

And i gotta hand it to you for staying loyal to FIFA for all these years.. really.. I gave up in 2004 and I've heard of so many others who gave up in 97 itself (whenever winning eleven series came about)..

It's the first time i touched PES, and i have to say, really, amazing. This actually puts the foot in Football :p The be a legend mode is even better than fifa's be a pro mode. Just a question for all PES players, anyone knows how to hit those ground biting fast shots ?

Also, here are a few very good HD Feint tutorials

YouTube - PES 2010 feints tutorial HD

YouTube - PES 2010 feints tutorial 2 HD

Also the power of customization on the PC version shown here :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPN8kaOhZh8

edge111hussain said:
i have always been a fifa fan but pes 10 sure kicks fifa 10's butt..

have both, play both... pes 10 this year all the way

fixed.. :p

And u are a FIFA fan on the pc? coz if u had played PES' previous versions, this comment from your side would have come many many years ago.. ;)

Some 1 post some links on tutorials for PES 2010 on PC using Xbox 360 controller. Also some good patches for the teams n names with logos.

Heard the Super Patch v1.1 has some issues so avoiding that.

PS : Love the game !! Awesome !

Yep. Works on save games. I was in some wierd club when i started the Be A Legend mode, when i applied the patch, i was suddenly in Aston Villa :p

Back