The PSP Buy Guide - Thread

Re: The PSP Buy Guide - Thread [All Qtns Answered Here]

xerocool said:
but does the reboot thing apply for this version too ?
thanks

Yes it does... but reverting back is very easy...once u get the hang of it..

Peace~

is there any place in mumbai where i can get psp 2000?
i knw it's really difficult but still would like to try
what are the chances of bricking psp 3000 if i softmod it?
what exactly can cause a brick?
help guys..

The 'typical' psp that u r looking for is really gonna be hard to locate.
both crackable TA-88v2 and uncrackable TA-88v3 are just marked as TA-88.

New models have the TA-88v3 Mobo and the only way to tell which mobo the psp has is by opening the psp and checking it in the list.
If the psp cames with OFW 3.95 or below then it's pandora compatible. if not then the only chance u have to mod it is if it comes with OFW 5.03 or below.
Since is very likely that u will find the TA-88v3 mobo psp 2000 u could try buying the psp 3000 cuz the same requirements to mod it applies for it, so better go in for a slightly better psp i guess.

But if u still wanna try ur luck.. Better to take a chance with the spl edition slim 2000 psp's, like Star Wars Edition, Daxter Bundle, GOW Bundle or even the Simpson's one.

The spl bundle had the older motherboard and were a sure shot way to obtain those psps. But with decent time passed since the advent of the newer motherboards, chances are slim, but still better than picking a regular slim psp.

Box Codes for PSP 2000:
PSP-2000 Original Boxstyle Box Codes (Thanks to Alek @ Dark-AleX.org):
(No Letter) = 3.60
A = 3.71
B = UNKNOWN
C = 3.72
D = UNKNOWN
E = 3.80
F = 3.90
G = 3.95 / 4.01 (TA-88v2 / TA-88v3) [AVOID]
Any person should make a nand dump of the psp before going in for the modding of the psp to restore the psp to working state once again. S/w for the same can be found on the net.

Edit:
Bricking can be caused by a number of reasons.. but mainly occurs wen the procedure gets interrupted in between, like battery running out of charge inbetween, accidently shutting off the psp, or at times a really low quality mem stick causing problems while a smooth process etc.

Once u back up ur nand data, u r good to go. Check out some youtube vids before taking the plunge.

what are the chances of bricking psp 3000 after i softmod it?
what exactly can cause a brick?

Hola! yo soy de ARGENTINA y un familiar esta por viajar a bangalore y me esta por comprar la PSP pero aun no sabemos el precio actual del 2010,el paquete basico por favor respondan... gracias de antemano.

Hello! I am from ARGENTINA and a family is traveling to bangalore and I buy this for PSP but still do not know the current price of 2010, the basic package please respond ... thanks in advance

Guys. Just cracked my PSP 3004 with ChickenHen R2. But the problem is, in which folder on MS do I add the games? I know there has to be a folder. Please let me know ASAP as I'm traveling for the next week, so It'll be fun to have all the games running successfully on it. Thanks in advance.

Yesterday night, me & my friend was trying to install custom firmware on his PSP-2003, just when the firmware was being installed, the damn loose battery compartment gave away and battery fell down in the middle of upgrade. Since then PSP refuses to boot, the power LED stays on for sometime, screen stays off and after sometime even the power LED switches off.

On searching various PSP forums, it seems that this particular model won't work with Pandora Battery too, Right now we are stuck with a bricked PSP & need some urgent help. Any idea how to get it back to working stage.

I tried contacting Sony Service, they asked for bill, but this PSP was gifted to him by a friend in UK, so we don't have any bill as such, I tried to explain the situation to CC exec, they are saying no firmware changes are done in service centers, if its under warranty then they replace it with a new one or if we show bill proof for out of warranty products then they are ready to replace it with a new one for 50% price.

Going service center way is our last option now, since Bangalore is just a 4hr drive from our town, if someone can guide us to some PSP service guys in Bangalore, we can go to them directly & if something can be done with it at home itself then we are more than happy.

Help!!!!!!!

Can anyone please tell me where can i buy a psp 1000 analog connector + stick in mumbai or some site with netbanking, cant use dealextreme (no credit card)..ninja electronics at lamington road quoting 1200 bucks (too expensive) ..thanks

i am considering to buy a PSP E1004 or 3004 [according to my budget] in next 1-2 months. i used to own a PSP 1004 fat but sold it in 1 month as i was not impressed by screen resolution. but now i need a portable gaming device asap.

last time i did research about these cfw stuff. i came to know that only psp 100x fat could be permanently hacked. [i mean we could turn it off], other slim versions like 200x, 300x needs to be kept in sleep mode bcoz they will revert to stock firmware if turned off.

is there any new firmware or hack released to permanently hack the psp slims? [or E1004] so we could turn it off and start again without loosing cfw ??

^^^ can i permanently hack it?? as temporary hack is useless for me
<

Why are you saying that temp hack is useless for you ? Is there any specific reason?

nothing get lost if you hack it again.

Actually i will move to hostel in few months and i will have to live without pc/laptop for 1-2yrs.

Does installing cfw require a pc or we can do it on psp itself??

Is there any permanent hack for psp E1004??

Sent from my LG optimus one P500 using Tapatalk

Actually i will move to hostel in few months and i will have to live without pc/laptop for 1-2yrs.

Does installing cfw require a pc or we can do it on psp itself??

Is there any permanent hack for psp E1004??

Sent from my LG optimus one P500 using Tapatalk

Not sure about E1004 but it works for 3004 .Not a permanent hack but can be hacked again without PC.

temporary hack can be done without connecting psp to pc. just click on icon like a game and it would start recognizing isos. it is helpful as you dont woid your warrenty. I have one spare one lying unused look into classified section if interested.

What is the best place/price to buy a Sony PSP?

Someone has given me responsibility of buying a PSP for a 12 year boy and I don't know anything about PSP.
tongue.png

Back