The Symbian Thread

hello members plz tell me from where i can get certificate for my Nokia N8. I applied for one in the opda website ( www.shoujizu.net) and it has been a week since i applied and the status is "BEING PRODUCED" . A couple of years back i applied for my e71 and i got it in 24 hours. I heard that the site no longer offers certificate. Is there any other similar portal where i can get a certificate or hacked FW is the only route ?. As far as possible i want to avoid hacked FW as i anticipate potential damage to my phone thus voiding warranty..

So plz help guys

TIA...

FW change/update don't void warranties, but called hacking, it should not be discussed here *ahem* !!
FYI, there is no other means these days to get cert-key online.
Don't know will those days ever come back :(

Yeah those days of getting certificates are over - i used to do it lot for my n73

Hacked or you can call Modded firmwares are the best choice now

everything is ready and pre hacked - you just need to install a CFW

Custom firmware usually doesnt void warranty but if you give your with loaded with cfw and the service centre guy knows about it he can create problems for you

But there is always this safest method - before giving your phone to service centre install a original firmware if possible :)

plz do provide me the link for CFW of ANNA. I dont want to install BELLE CFW till its official release. please provide me the link where the best CFW is available which allow me to install apps without signing. I hope these CFWs wont spoil my mobby...

thanx...

Ok plz suggest a good youtube player for this device. I was under the impression that the player comes pre installed , but just today i found that it just a shortcut to youtube URL. Contacted Nokia care and they said i can download picobrothers youtube downloader, but it lacks search suggestions. The old youtube app which worked in my E71 refuses to work here.

So plz suggest mate. And recently i found that the software update to 025 has made my phone slow. There are no noticeable improvements, but only it has made it slow. Did you find anything interesting in the new update ??

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Moreover i cannot use any of the CFWs now because they are for ANNA 022 FW. Perhaps i can try the belle one but i have decided to wait until the release of the official belle...

Hi Guys,

I am thinking about going for E6. Will buy it next month. Thought I would ask a few questions regarding it.

1)A few users are saying the Screen to be too constricted and text is too small at times..

Is it true??

2)How is the Cam Quality and Music Quality??

3)Is the UI fluid? Or are you experiencing any lags??

4) Do you suggest any QWERTY Phones other than this at that price range...

I was an Android user, but didnt like the Battery Life of my droid, and a few other issues.. So wanna try something new with a Good UI Response...

Superb!!! am already on a belle theme on my n8 since two months!!!
<
... finally shall get the real thing!! go symbian gO!!!!!!
<

Waiting for it...Belle is simply good enough.

And recently found some really good apps for nokia anna, i'd say Relive nokia instead of RIP nokia !!
<

Guys please guide me on how to run qt based apps in my nokia n8. I installed some qt components/ plugins but an application (ekimov pdf 3d) asks for a higher version. I cant understand this qt concept in full . Is it like the dot net framework we install in windows to make vb based applications work ?. Please explain give me the link where i can download these qt plugins so that each and every qt apps in the earth can be run by my nokia N8..

Dont think i am hijacking this thread....

thanx in advance

I am using QT 4.7.3 and every app run smoothly...but never tried this ekimov pdf.

@anfjavid, Google for the updated QT files and reinstall. There are always issue with QT in nokia.

Back