The TE Essential Freeware Thread !

skaluva said:
Guys,

I need MS Office 2007 or 2010 which is fully activated. No trial version pls. I have already MS Office 2010 trial version which is expired few days back. So please suggest me where can i download the full version of 2007 or 2010. Anything is fine for me.

I suggest you use Libreoffice if you want a good free office suite:

Home » LibreOffice

It is feature rich and easy to use and has a very good interface.

Does it support, existing docs/ppts etc to open? If i create anything with this suite, do the others can open the same with their MSOffice?

Yes, absolutely. But if you want to create stuff in Libreoffice and open in MS Office, save it in the MS format. Just do "save as" and select ".doc" or ".ppt".

skaluva said:
Guys,
I need MS Office 2007 or 2010 which is fully activated. No trial version pls. I have already MS Office 2010 trial version which is expired few days back. So please suggest me where can i download the full version of 2007 or 2010. Anything is fine for me.

You will need to use free alternatives. Else you can buy MS Office - it isn't available for free unless you pirate it - from the MS store. If you go with free, Libre Office is the best alternative, but let me warn that if you required advanced stuff with either Excel or PPT, it fails miserably.

agantuk said:
You will need to use free alternatives. Else you can buy MS Office - it isn't available for free unless you pirate it - from the MS store. If you go with free, Libre Office is the best alternative, but let me warn that if you required advanced stuff with either Excel or PPT, it fails miserably.

\

What kind of advanced stuff does it fail at? I have read this many times but don't know the exact things. I have written my thesis with Open office and Libreoffice is much better than that.

here are a few i use often
im: pidgin great alternative to trillian and is open source
multimedia : mpc with k-lite mega codec pack
password manager : roboform
p2p : utorrent

use the built in windows function like the disc defragmenter, disc clean-up and system configuration to select which programs to start during start up so by de-activang the unnecessary programs we can increase the start-up time. systm, configuration can be accessed by typing "msconfig" from the run menu. this is the best alternative if you are looking something on a budget and a freeware.

Hi guys,

I am looking for a good replacement for Launchy (Application launcher). I love launchy but it seems to be using up too much resource. I would like to know if theres a good replacement which uses up lesser resource. I dont need a GUI launcher a Launchy like box is good enough.

Best Free ware anti virus is the Microsoft Security Essentials Link No anti virus, malware, spyware is better than this. Trust me... been using it since 1 year. Doesnt make the games slow or whatsoever. Doesnt Slow download and upload speeds or pings INGAME. So this should be added all all costs!

-Sam

I usually use MSE and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware together....

No issues so far.

Used to swear by AVG years ago... but they are such bloatware now.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Des anybody here use AIDA64 Extreme Edition, formerly known as Everest. PC benchmarking/diagnostic tool ?

Back