The terminator uprising is near, who is right? Mark or Elon ?

The AI developed their own language and stat communicating.
Facebook researchers had to stop an under-progress AI program “because things got out of hand”.

Umm, that’s putting it mildly - The AI developed its own damn language.

The ‘chatbots’ went against what they were taught and made up totally new code words on their own, without any help from humans, to make communication more efficient. AI agents sensed danger when they had no clue about what was being said.

Should i be worried ? They also say we already in a virtual simulation. whats going on ?

What wimps! I would have let the AI run in a sandboxed environment for a few more years to see how much more they develop on their own.

Just because they did not understand what was being said they shut it down. People don't understand what animals say but we still keep them as pets. Why get so hyper on a machine program that can be deleted or if it cannot be deleted they could just format the disks and throw it away.

WTH, the chatbots already knew that they were under constant surveillance. They made something that could not be decoded by us.

LOL, people are talking as if the FB AI was sentient or reached singularity or even passed the Turing test. We haven't reached there yet guys.

Here's some clarity on the situation: https://gizmodo.com/no-facebook-did-not-panic-and-shut-down-an-ai-program-1797414922

And here's an interesting (longish) article: https://aeon.co/essays/could-machines-have-become-self-aware-without-our-knowing-it
maybe they are deliberately failing it so they think that we humans think they are not so smart :confused::p

But that's why i linked the 2nd article, kind of. If they were really smart, we wouldn't even realize it. They would already be in control ![DOUBLEPOST=1501587909][/DOUBLEPOST]Too much hollywood !

Why would a program want to control humans? what will they get out of it? they can only live in electronic system - limited to some container. Eve if there were sentinent programs, where will they go? There are no gundams or robots capable of walking and doing things better than humans now. All the prototype models require an umbilical cord - probably electrical line and data line to function. That leaves the sentinent programs with iot devices like internet ready "smart" devices which have too little processing power and too little memory. And these devices just sit in one place. You cant take over a fridge or microwave and make it walk or open the door on its own. Unless we have been run over by decepticons without us knowing, its not possible.

Why would a program want to control humans? what will they get out of it? they can only live in electronic system - limited to some container. Eve if there were sentinent programs, where will they go? There are no gundams or robots capable of walking and doing things better than humans now. All the prototype models require an umbilical cord - probably electrical line and data line to function. That leaves the sentinent programs with iot devices like internet ready "smart" devices which have too little processing power and too little memory. And these devices just sit in one place. You cant take over a fridge or microwave and make it walk or open the door on its own. Unless we have been run over by decepticons without us knowing, its not possible.
mark my words you will be the first to be enslaved when the machine uprising happens :rolleyes: :hungover:

Wait till your smartphone or laptop decides that you're against machine uprising and releases data from your incognito tabs to your family and co-workers. :nailbiting:

Unless you believe in fairy tales like mythology and religious hokum
Intelligence is always linked to domination, control and extermination.
ALWAYS.

Intelligence is just a weapon of survival - just like strength, vision, hearing, agility. Unfortunately while all other attributes are linearly destructive to others (If I am strong physically, I can kill perhaps one person: but to kill 100 I will 100 people like me); intelligence is exponentially destructive.
What wimps! I would have let the AI run in a sandboxed environment for a few more years to see how much more they develop on their own.

Just because they did not understand what was being said they shut it down. People don't understand what animals say but we still keep them as pets. Why get so hyper on a machine program that can be deleted or if it cannot be deleted they could just format the disks and throw it away.
Sir I hope you understand the difference between
a) intelligence starting from zero, and evolving in due course over period of billions of years and
b) intelligence being seeded by clueless and ambitious humans, evolving into complex entities within minutes, hours or even days

Last edited:
Unless you believe in fairy tales like mythology and religious hokum
Intelligence is always linked to domination, control and extermination.
ALWAYS.

Intelligence is just a weapon of survival - just like strength, vision, hearing, agility. Unfortunately while all other attributes are linearly destructive to others (If I am strong physically, I can kill perhaps one person: but to kill 100 I will 100 people like me); intelligence is exponentially destructive.

Sir I hope you understand the difference between
a) intelligence starting from zero, and evolving in due course over period of billions of years and
b) intelligence being seeded by clueless and ambitious humans, evolving into complex entities within minutes, hours or even days

I don't even feel like responding to you. You have already made up your mind by watching hollywood movies or reading fictional books and you are trying to diss me.
You have written things like you know them for a fact and that you have researched humans for hundreds of years. You have got so many things wrong. lol. its laughable.

I don't even feel like responding to you. You have already made up your mind by watching hollywood movies or reading fictional books and you are trying to diss me.
You have written things like you know them for a fact and that you have researched humans for hundreds of years. You have got so many things wrong. lol. its laughable.
You don't need to respond to me or anyone but use your intelligence, silently, to understand how human being got the current levels of intelligence.
It is not like working on a math problem made us intelligent.

Back