The wet shaving thread

i_rock098

Disciple
Jul 18, 2011
So used the recent sale to stock up on all time wet shaving items. You guys have definitely turned me to a wet shaving fan. Still learning though since I am in the initial phases but the experience has been quite better compared to those gillette multi razor blades.

Still haven't fixed on the blades though that's why trying out multiple samples to see which one suits me before I decide to buy a 100 blade pack.
IMG_20191008_180624~01.jpg

blr_p

Veteran
Apr 11, 2007
So used the recent sale to stock up on all time wet shaving items. You guys have definitely turned me to a wet shaving fan. Still learning though since I am in the initial phases but the experience has been quite better compared to those gillette multi razor blades.

Still haven't fixed on the blades though that's why trying out multiple samples to see which one suits me before I decide to buy a 100 blade pack.View attachment 82424
How do you use that gilette shave gel third from right ?

I just could not figure out how to get it to lather or whatever i got was not much and so it still sits unused on my shelf many years later.

Srinivas_june23

Disciple
Oct 24, 2014
How do you use that gilette shave gel third from right ?

I just could not figure out how to get it to lather or whatever i got was not much and so it still sits unused on my shelf many years later.
Was wondering the same, from what I've read shave gels are only for cartridge shaving, so never tried, looking forward to his response.

blr_p

Veteran
Apr 11, 2007
Was wondering the same, from what I've read shave gels are only for cartridge shaving, so never tried, looking forward to his response.
Those become foam in your hand. Foam is foam, there is no distinction as to whether one is for cartridges or not.

This one remains gel and takes a lot of whipping up for not much foam :(

Last edited:

blr_p

Veteran
Apr 11, 2007
astra blades are really good. recommended.
Heard of them for years but never realised they're available locally. Works out to Rs.70 for a 5 blade pack. Reasonable price for imported blades.

The Platiinum are very smooth and long lasting. Definitely recommend :)

Stainless is cheaper and imagine will be more aggressive

Feathers run at Rs.100 for smaller offerings and are not as smooth. Hundred pack here for Rs.80 per

Last edited:

alekhkhanna

Adept
May 29, 2008
So my BSC's razor handle is refusing to open, and I can't put any new blades in it (tried hot water etc. It just won't budge).
Thought of going for open style, and got the Parker 68S. It is HEAVY. And it looks DARN SEXY !
I've been using only Feather blades till now, but since 68S is supposed to be aggressive, got the Astra SP too.
Let's see how this combo works.

alekhkhanna

Adept
May 29, 2008
So my BSC's razor handle is refusing to open, and I can't put any new blades in it (tried hot water etc. It just won't budge).
Thought of going for open style, and got the Parker 68S. It is HEAVY. And it looks DARN SEXY !
I've been using only Feather blades till now, but since 68S is supposed to be aggressive, got the Astra SP too.
Let's see how this combo works.
Update on this: Shaved twice so far. So ****ing A !
Smooth as ****. I did not expect an open comb razor to be so smooth. And the Astra SP glides like a baby's bottom. At first, I thought my technique is incorrect as I wasn't feeling anything, but the hair was getting cut to my surprise. It's comparatively smoother cutting the same hard hair areas wrt Feather blades.
Recommended.

alekhkhanna

Adept
May 29, 2008
2nd update: Parker 68S and Astra SP combo is HEAVENLY ! It's like an old friend, and wherever you take it, it won't disappoint you. Such a gem. Highly recommended.