The wet shaving thread

Anyone has Godrej Shaving round available in their locality. It would be great if someone could courier me some, can PayTM / NEFT full amount + courier charges. Please PM me, if possible. One round is INR 22.00

Thanks..!

They really giving ~90 shaves on one cartridge..? I remember using the Gillette Fusion. It would never last that long, to be honest.
I recall getting that with 3 blade Shick's that a friend brought over from the states. Thing is the shave deteriorates every so slightly over time. You can tell based on how fast your beard grows back. Forget doing more than one pass with these blades.

Then compare with a proper three pass with a single blade.

I've said this before, one blade from varying angles will always shave closer than a one pass multi blade every time.

Haven't tried any Indian blades in a while. Been on some gillettes called Nacet a friend brought over from the gulf. manufactured in St.Petersberg apparently.

Some stuff.

Buy from ALiexpress. The Baili razors are excellent VFM razors and are great shavers if you don't have too coarse beard.

Thanks for revert. Looking at Amazom, I am looking at below. Looking at pictures, its a Made in japan product so quality is assured , what had me attracted was long handle.

Feather Double Edge Razor Popular With 2 Feather Blade

Any feedback is appreciated.

@asingh for Pearl, i could not find any long handle razor. I do found them VFM Compared to feather..

How is Bombay Shaving? I have used a lot of multi blade razor but off lately wanted to switch to a safety razor? How is the performance and safety especially someone who has never used safety razor? How many times one can use blades of a safety razor - I am not a daily shaver.

How is Bombay Shaving? I have used a lot of multi blade razor but off lately wanted to switch to a safety razor? How is the performance and safety especially someone who has never used safety razor? How many times one can use blades of a safety razor - I am not a daily shaver.
I picked up one of their razors recently. For Rs.39 it is a disposable one. Meaning you can't change the blade.

Gilette has a plastic one which allows to replace the blade. I've used it for several years now and quite like it.

I tried one of their shaving balms and its similar to the biotique wild grass. Not oil based.

Performance and safety is down to technique. Check mantic's videos. This was the guy who started me off on this journey almost ten years back.

How many times you use a blade is down to your beard and prep. If its wet then it softer you get more shaves. When it starts to drag then its time for a change. Not shaving daily means more prep. Three to five uses depending on the blade.
Post automatically merged:

Last time i bought feathers was in 2012 and had a friend bring them over. As it wasn't worth the price importing. Now i see 20 going for Rs.360

Last edited:
Thanks for revert. Looking at Amazom, I am looking at below. Looking at pictures, its a Made in japan product so quality is assured , what had me attracted was long handle.

Feather Double Edge Razor Popular With 2 Feather Blade

Any feedback is appreciated.

@asingh for Pearl, i could not find any long handle razor. I do found them VFM Compared to feather..
No need to get that. It is plastic and will not last long. Plus it will hardly have weight. Choose from below:

You will see long-handle, barber pole type.

How is Bombay Shaving?
All their products are way too over priced.

No need to get that. It is plastic and will not last long. Plus it will hardly have weight. Choose from below:

So ordered above amazon and its pretty heavy for my hands coming from plasticky gillette DE. While i needed to do multiple passes on Earlier one, this one needed just 2 passes. Overall very happy with purchase although it;s purely for experienced people used to DE shaving. Pretty aggressive for somebody like me as well who is shaving with DE since past 15 years...Razor did tasted blood twice down the neck area but think i let my guard down there as it was going effort less on cheeks...

Over all, I am happy with butterfly types razors..

If anybody is looking for shaving brushes, I'll highly highly highly highly highly highly highly recommend Trigodon. Best brush I've ever used, hands down. Soft as a p**sy.

Btw, moved to safety razor 3 weeks back after using multi blades throughout my shaving life (17 years iirc). Best decision ever.
Using a BSC razor (and feather blades) on aggressive clamp, and boy, I've really started to enjoy shaving now. I look forward to shaving every day or every alternate day.
To me, it's a life changing experience. Can never use Fusion or anything multi blade now.

So thanks to this thread i have decided to get into double edge safety razor shaving. Have already bought one.

Now i need suggestion for razor blades, I see feather blades recommended here a lot but unfortunately they seem very expensive to me. Is their any other cheaper brand that I could try?

But if you are just getting started, try 7 o clock black 5 pack available in local shops, as you gain experience go for a 100 pack.

But if money is not a problem and you are in for long term, go for the one I suggested.

Back