The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Discussion Thread

Re: The Witcher 2 - Discussion Thread

Aman27deep said:
Can one directly play W2 without playing W1?
I think the story continum will be better and you'll realise the importance from Where to where CD PROJECKT RED has ended up on just one game, the difference is like the Sky and the Earth.

Say it feels like yesterday when I bought Witcher in Chandhigar :cupidon:.

jojothedragon said:
Witcher 1 doesn't have X360 controller support but Witcher 2 is well configured with x360 controller.

you can still use xpadder to map the controls isnt it...

guys has anyone used xpadderr..

how good is it compared to native support ...does it feel the same

man the combat is hard!! died 5 times at the first fight! but much better than the mindless clicking of Witcher 1...also graphics are AWESOME...

M in love with the game...the first one was great this is just Epic...Can't wait for some more sleepless nights after last night....
Running @ Max. settings incl. Ubersampling...Without SSAO @1080p and getting about 40+FPS...

Just started playing this morning, looks impressive!

I played ME2 twice, DA:O twice, Looks like this is the next candidate :)

This has to be played at least twice to explore all the story branches. The new engine is gorgeous, its a real feast for the eyes.

Tarcxy said:
I rarely used potions other than Swallow and Maribor forest in Witcher 1. And signs - only Igni and Aard. Here, I am made to experiment all potions, all enhancements, all signs, else its just suicide in the battlefield.
I ll take back what I said. As I level up, it just gets easier. Except the bossfights, I dont use potions anymore. But, its fun nevertheless.

BTW a witcher nexus already. Cool..
The Witcher Nexus - The Witcher 2 mods and community

so how much fps are u guys getting...

will my gts 450 be able to handle this @ 1920 med settings...

btw which is better

1650 or 1280 @ high/very high settings

or 1920 @ mid or low settings

in general(i mean any game in particular)?

I would any day play a game at 1680x1050 MAX over 1920x1080 Med. Or even 1440 Max over 1920 low/med.

But some games may look better at 1920x1080 med than 1440x900 High/VHigh.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

And sorry mate but a GTX 450 will be able to handle just 1440x900 low-minimum at the very most. that too only if you have a decent rig other than the gpu.

maybe not that bad, but may be 14x9 low-med or 16x10 low-minimum with decent FPS I guess

Maxed out settings @ 1360x 768 kicking my PCs butt. Have to tone it down. Runs perfectly on High.

i5 - 2500

sapphire 6850

8 GB

win7 Ultimate

ANyone fre to make a copy and sent it to me...I will buy it on GoG or Steam...I just dont have the bandwith to download stuff.

Ha, as always, I'll have to work on the settings the hard way. I play all games on 1920x1080 no matter what.

quixand said:
Maxed out settings @ 1360x 768 kicking my PCs butt. Have to tone it down. Runs perfectly on High.

i5 - 2500

sapphire 6850

8 GB

win7 Ultimate
so how much fps do u get??

have u disabled ssao(whatever) and other demanding settings

comp@ddict said:
Ha, as always, I'll have to work on the settings the hard way. I play all games on 1920x1080 no matter what.

i too follow the same strategy

1920 -low/med/high

but it has to be 1920x1080

^Yup, me too. I hate reducing the resolution.

BTW, Patch 1.1 is expected soon. Supposedly, it will improve frame rate.

new AMD 11.5b hotfix is available for AMD cards,supposed to improve performance for single cards but main focus on CF Performance

fileserve.com/file/CxEbSrT

tried it out,and not much difference...

before hotfix: avg-46 max-69

after hotfix: avg-45 max-71

Everything maxed out,No Ubersampling,SSAO ON,@ 1400x1050

Just saw the GameTrailers review and holy shit, this game looks amazing. But seeing how the graphics of this game would make a mice-meat of my graphic card, I'm in two minds to sacrifice the visuals or not. :(

I haven't played the first game, but I'll definitely try this one out. How difficult is the inventory management and upgrade system?

v.Na5h said:
i too follow the same strategy

1920 -low/med/high

but it has to be 1920x1080
yep, i've played lower resolutions, but it simply doesn't look good. And besides, after doing some tweaking with AA and other settings, every game becomes playable.

touzeen said:
new AMD 11.5b hotfix is available for AMD cards,supposed to improve performance for single cards but main focus on CF Performance

fileserve.com/file/CxEbSrT

tried it out,and not much difference...

before hotfix: avg-46 max-69

after hotfix: avg-45 max-71

Everything maxed out,No Ubersampling,SSAO ON,@ 1400x1050

Oh man not another hotfix, I'm too lazy to download it anyways, good it's of no use.

pretttt said:
^Yup, me too. I hate reducing the resolution.

BTW, Patch 1.1 is expected soon. Supposedly, it will improve frame rate.
The Witcher 2 patch 1.1 incoming | PC Gamer

Patch 1.1

Simpler and more reliable game installation and activation. Details to be revealed soon.

Fixed the free Troll Trouble DLC download. It is now included n the patch so there’s no need to download and install it separately.

Fixed an issue that prevented some users from downloading other free DLCs (the ones given out with some pre-orders, special promotions, etc). The launcher now properly refreshes the list of available DLCs and allows for installation.

Performance improvements: approximately 5% to 30% better framerate and faster game loading for many users, depending on their individual systems and game versions. Owners of retail versions can expect the biggest improvements.

Fixed random crashes occurring on some systems, especially after saving and loading saves.

Key mapping – allows the arrow and number keys to be used for movement.

Added the option to invert the mouse.

nVidia surround vision now works properly.

More accurate assessment provided by the “auto-detect settings” option will help improve game performance.

Removed a bug that prevented completion of the “Blood Curse” quest.

Fixed a bug that prevented the additional link in “Extras” from being unlocked after winning the dice game against the GOG.com monk.

GOG.com credits now work properly.

Upto 30% sounds great man!

Towards the end of the chapter 1.

I need some input, I'm keeping it in spoiler tags. But if you have played boss battle in chapter 1, You can read it.

I supported Vernon Roche in the situation where you have to give sword either to Roche or Iorveth. Any one chose Iorveth. What are the consequences after that?

Back