The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Discussion Thread

Re: The Witcher 2 - Discussion Thread

Viral bug..I used to be jus like you..Only liked mass effect in the rpg genre..But then after my 40 hr campaign through DA:O totally changed my perspective on RPG's...now I ve started playing The witcher..will start witcher 2 after that and then DA2..but one bad thing for me is, it jus consumes too much of time(as I hardly get time to play after work)..Although its fun and worth it.!

comp@ddict said:
no point playing it now, it's 2007 true to the word(like less than oblivion level)

get the enhanced edition and patch it to 1.5 as good as a 2009 game

Gannu said:
I wouldn't mind playing the first title as long as it has an awesome storyline and gameplay like the Mass Effect series.
Gameplay 4/10. Storyline - 15/10.
Bluffmaster said:
The whole making potions, magic, collecting herbs and all turned me off.
These are some of the main reasons people love RPGs. Creating potions, crafting your own stuff, customising your charcter and skills, etc are the core of a true rpg. Atleast in a fantasy rpg. Otherwise, its just an action game with dialogue options.
Bluffmaster said:
^The RPG genre has evolved since oblivion. Com'on, its been 5 years now, do you think it can still compete with latest RPG titles gfx wise? I am sure its a brilliant game but its a 5 year old game.
I played Oblivion very recently this year. I was awestruck by it. I played it for around 250 hours. I was not a hardcore gamer till then. It is the most beautiful game I have ever played. The Tamriel world blew me away. But, hey its just me. Only hope that Skyrim will exceed the expectations.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

vamsi_krishna said:
Towards the end of the chapter 1.

I need some input, I'm keeping it in spoiler tags. But if you have played boss battle in chapter 1, You can read it.

I supported Vernon Roche in the situation where you have to give sword either to Roche or Iorveth. Any one chose Iorveth. What are the consequences after that?

There are two choices to be made betwen Iorveth and Roche. I guess the entire 2nd chapter location would change based on whom you side with the second time. I choose Iorveth and ended up in the dwarven city of Vergen in the 2nd chapter. This game really needs multiple playthroughs.

Another Oblivion fanboi here :p Bought it when my internet went down and I couldn't play CS. It was my first game bought for the release price. After 300+ hours, it was the one of the most enjoyable experience I ever had. At that time the scenery was just amazing. Installing Carl's Texture pack just added to the win. Good times...

Ok, Can someone guide me to the essential Oblivion Mods? I googled but there are hundreds of mods available and most of them are from 2006. I want the best mods to make the game look pretty by today's standards. It will be great if someone could make a list with links to the download. I am thinking of giving Oblivion a try.

P.S : I am sorry for going Off-topic.

Tarcxy said:
There are two choices to be made betwen Iorveth and Roche. I guess the entire 2nd chapter location would change based on whom you side with the second time. I choose Iorveth and ended up in the dwarven city of Vergen in the 2nd chapter. This game really needs multiple playthroughs.
Right now.. I'm roaming in Kaedweni battle camp lifting a blood curse casted by Sabrina on King Hanselet and his lineage. Which is summoning butt load of undeads all over the battlefield. I was assigned to work in collaboration with Deathmold.

Note: You are good to the post if you are in chapter 2.

And.. 1.1 patch is officially out.

Witcher 2 patch 1.1 is out. Supposedly improves framerate. Also, patch 1.1 removes DRM from all versions of the game which had it before!!! (except Steam ofc). CDP just keeps getting better.

The Oblivion thing is going offtopic guys. Surely, we can have a separate thread for that.

^^There are mixed reactions. Personally, I didnt see any performance boost. It was more or less the same as earlier for me. And I am in CCC 11.5a btw.

Actually, performance boost is for people who bought the retail versions which had Securom. When the game was released, there were complaints that securom was causing performance issues. So, now they completely removed it and hence an automatic performance improvement. People who bought it on GoG and Steam probably wont see the 30% improvement mentioned everywhere.

BTW, I heard Steam is actually downloading a full 9GB file for this patch!!! Is that true?? Anyone bought it on steam here? The GoG patch was only 9MB... lol

I got the 28.8MB patch from it's official website. Will install everything afresh tomorrow. Wish me luck. :)

BTW, did anyone check out photos of Triss in Polish Playboy magazine? ;)

^^it should reduce the game load and save times considerably now that DRMs removed

All Hail CDP!!

Back