The Witcher 3 - Discussion Thread

I read that blood and wine should be played last. So I can start hearts of stone now? Should I just stop the main quest till I complete hearts?[DOUBLEPOST=1522732423][/DOUBLEPOST]
So if I complete the main quest first and say reach level 40, would I become overpowered for the DLCs?

Not quite. The last bossfight in Hearts of Stone can be quite difficult even for high level characters. The ending for Blood and Wine is the logical ending for the whole game+2 DLCs, it will feel odd if you see that and have to go back and finish the main quest.

Not quite. The last bossfight in Hearts of Stone can be quite difficult even for high level characters. The ending for Blood and Wine is the logical ending for the whole game+2 DLCs, it will feel odd if you see that and have to go back and finish the main quest.
I personally felt iris & caretaker are nowhere tough as detlaff.
Its better to keep all the boss fights at the end for all DLCs to ensure you cover the stories & levelled up enough to face bosses.

Ok, I think I'll do some contracts, secondary quests and gear hunting for now. Then I'll see if I feel like concluding Ciri's story, I'll pick the main one... otherwise I'll start hearts. Thanks for all the inputs.
This game is just so good.. all the praise I've heard till now is worth .. and them some more. And I'm not even an RPG fan.

I personally felt iris & caretaker are nowhere tough as detlaff.
Its better to keep all the boss fights at the end for all DLCs to ensure you cover the stories & levelled up enough to face bosses.

I was refering to
Iris's Greatest Fear
. Witcher 3 is not a very hard game, and some builds like the Alchemy/Bombs build make the diffculty almost trivial. Even so this one fight gave me quite a bit of headache.

Been playing this for a month now. Man this game is insanely immersive. Finished the main quest now playing Blood & wine. One thing I really admire is how often you'd like to go an replay parts cause the story didnt pan out the way you like. Kind of a good training in negotiations and they way you speak to get desired outcomes.

The depth to this game is insane. I really learnt the portions usage in one of the Blood and wine quest that has fake Treebeard thats insanely hard to defeat at my level. Took a good 2 hours to beat him and another half hour to ensure that the guy who came along didnt die while defeating the boss. Finally got Aerondight sword :D

How many of you are playing it now? I thought maybe we should discuss about some of the intelligent quests in this game & what decisions you took? Please note tell your own decisions & not something you referred from web.
Lets start. One of the best quests in this game is "Family Matters". Where you are introduced to the baron and the crones also the ladies of the woods.
This quest has multiple endings and also its a quest which somewhat depends on choosing between lesser or greater evils. I don't regret on the decision I made and I think that was the most obvious and the best decision.

SPOILERS

I decided to free the tree spirit and save the children. This is because if you analyze all the characters in that quest then all are evil to some extent except those childrens.
> The baron may care for his wife but he is not a saint.Many of his actions are questionable.Also he is kind of a traitor.
>Baron's wife may be good at heart according to him but her actions speaks otherwise.
>The baron's daughter is also not good she supported her mother throughout and also joined a corrupted cult who kills people in the name of witch hunters.
>The villagers are sacrificing their children to those forest witches for their profit is more evil!

Only the childrens in this entire plot are innocent, even though they are very less in number. Killing innocence to save plenty of scumbags does not looks like a good idea.

heh. I remember I was killing cows, meditate and cows would spawn again and I would kill them again for their milk and meat. It was working fine when suddenly a big ****ing monster came out of thin air suddenly and attacked me. I killed it after many tries and searched on the net. turns out many players were using this cow trick to get meat and milk so CDPR added a "cow protection" monster which spawns whenever a player kills too many cows in short time. I ****ing love CDPR for things like these

I never harmed any animals in this game if it was not hostile towards me. I just go to people's home and start stealing. I sell all the high value goods then buy some more foods and so on.:D People generally don't say anything if you steal but the guards do.

I never harmed any animals in this game if it was not hostile towards me. I just go to people's home and start stealing. I sell all the high value goods then buy some more foods and so on.:D People generally don't say anything if you steal but the guards do.
Once I crossed level 50, fights were way too easy with normal opponents. So I started fights with guards. Lmao left a huge trail of dead guards. They are far tougher to beat, much more fun too.

I'm yet to finish it.. Stopped playing it again some months back and the last I remember
I had finally rescued Ciri from that island in skillige..
Need to jump in again and finish the game.. Then there's the 2 DLCs too

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm yet to finish it.. Stopped playing it again some months back and the last I remember
I just play it at night post 8pm till 10-11pm. Great stress buster

those 2 DLCs are like separate games themselves! new areas and new stories! witcher 3 deserves all the praise it gets

This is a huge game. I mean if you play The Witcher 3 you won't need any other game. I have spent so much time in it & I think I am only near the middle of the story. I haven't found ciri yet. By this time I had already completed The Witcher 2 with most of the side missions, same can be said for The witcher 1.

This is a huge game. I mean if you play The Witcher 3 you won't need any other game. I have spent so much time in it & I think I am only near the middle of the story. I haven't found ciri yet. By this time I had already completed The Witcher 2 with most of the side missions, same can be said for The witcher 1.

Play Tetris. The hugeness is defined by your skills.

I was able to to defeat detlaff after chanign the difficulty to easy. haha!
I just couldn't dodge the flying crows attack, even quen wasn't enough. It just took a major chunk (almost 75%) of the health. And then playing the whole fight from the start was a chore.

Even the side missions are so long. I am doing that dandilion side quest(first one after releasing him) & its going on and on...:D
Anyways to lighten the mood.

pLRc.jpg

Back