Theory Of Computation( Help )

warlock911

Disciple
Guys i am a student of BCA. Currently i am studying "Theory of computation" in my 5th sem. I want some answers of book exercises. i tried to find these answer at my level, but unfortunately not a single book has a solution. But heard that some books of other states has solution. it would we very helpful if you capture a photo of a solution which is located in your book a upload it here, so i note it down in my notebooks.

Here is the Topic:

1)the grammer for Σ = {a,b} that generates the sets of all strings with at least three a's.

2)A turning machine Design that multiplies two positive integers in unary notaion

Thanks in advance.

OT:
TOC - sorry I'm not here to help with this. I held the lowest mark record in my class in this subject. :p
Just the thread title reminded me of those weird 45 mins of those classes - where I was pretty sure neither the prof was getting exactly what he was saying.

No one's going to help you with homework directly. Show some proof of your attempts at arriving at a solution. Initiate a discussion which will help you gather the answers you're looking for, then you can expect people to help.

No one's going to help you with homework directly. Show some proof of your attempts at arriving at a solution. Initiate a discussion which will help you gather the answers you're looking for, then you can expect people to help.
this is not an homework buddy. I want the solution of those two problem which should be into your course book. at here at madhya pradeh... course book doesn't have the answer of those problem. and faculty is really not helpful. I found these two problem on previous papers. and want to be confident for exam.

this is not an homework buddy. I want the solution of those two problem which should be into your course book. at here at madhya pradeh... course book doesn't have the answer of those problem. and faculty is really not helpful. I found these two problem on previous papers. and want to be confident for exam.

Did you try to find the solution at your end first. If yes, please share your efforts over here. If not, then please do that first and then share your efforts over here.

this should do for the first one : (a+b)* a (a+b)* a (a+b)* a (a+b)* . it has been a year or two when i had TOC . give this regex a try .

for the second one ... a google search did it : A Turing machine for multiplying two unary positive integers can be constructed with an input alphabet that includes the binary digits 0 and 1, an end marker, #, and an operation indicator, *, that separates the multiplicand and multiplier. The tape alphabet will also contain blank symbols, b. This machine will need six states for control.
reference page : http://www.academic.marist.edu/~jzbv/algorithms/TuringMachine.htm

i dont understand why TOC is so scary to most ppl ... this was one of my 'O' grade subjects . loved it .

Ohh i struggled a loot to pass this paper in B.tech..more than three times i wrote at last on fourth attempt passed...good old days...lol..:D
Its not about scare or fear too much "a" and "b" and in middle " * " sooo confusing...hehehe

Back