Thinking about buying AC, need some suggestions and help

Sukak2r2

Recruit
Well with the ever increasing heat in Kolkata it almost impossible to live without an AC. The temperatures reaching upto 43 degs now a days. So I am thinking about getting a split AC (going to be the first AC). I have almost zero knowledge about AC features, specs and functionality. So with the help of Google, after researching for couple of days got even more confused and unable to shortlist any AC in particular. So I am listing all the details here and please suggest me some split AC so that I can get out of this confusion.

Room Size: 10 ft x 12ft
Window: One Window in East, gets direct sunlight for 1 hours daily
Floor: Ground floor
Tonnage: 1 Ton
Type of AC: Inclined towards Inverter ACs
Run-time: 5-8 hours daily in summer

Please suggest which split AC should I consider? Inverter or 5 star AC. Which brand should I consider?

Thanks in advance! :)

PS: @RishiGuru saw your post about AC, you are also from Kolkata and have great knowledge about AC's, so could you please help me out. And whats the best place to buy AC in Kolkata, from which dealer?

If you want my advice, I will always opt for an inverter AC no matter what the usage pattern is. But that's me. You can look for inverters ACs from Daikin, Hitachi, General, Mitsubishi (Heavy/ Electric), Sharp, Trane etc. All are good. Personally I own two Sharp 1.5 ton inverter ACs and are pretty satisfied with their flawless performance. I went for them as they were VFM while not sacrificing the quality of their products. But that was 2.5 years back. For sharp dealers you can look into their website.

If you want my advice, I will always opt for an inverter AC no matter what the usage pattern is. But that's me. You can look for inverters ACs from Daikin, Hitachi, General, Mitsubishi (Heavy/ Electric), Sharp, Trane etc. All are good. Personally I own two Sharp 1.5 ton inverter ACs and are pretty satisfied with their flawless performance. I went for them as they were VFM while not sacrificing the quality of their products. But that was 2.5 years back. For sharp dealers you can look into their website.

Thanks for the suggestions, just another thing, while buying AC whats the most important thing I should look for/keep in mind?

Take into consideration the following:

1) Cooling Capacity in Watts
2) Power Consumption in Watts
3) Divide 1 by 2 to get COP (Coefficient Of Performance). More the number, more is the efficiency.
4) Airflow in Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM)
5) Warranty
6) Price
7) Extra features with latest technology
8) After sales service of the product in your area

Just make a comparison chart and you will get your answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back