Thinking of getting a tattoo

W@rrier

Adept
Hey guys.. I have been thinking of getting ink'd for a few weeks now...
But cant make myself decide on a design .

• First thing which came to me was a catchy slogan on biking, but then what if i lose the interest on biking after a few years, then it would look rather stupid, wouldnt it ?
  • Second concern is the location of the tattoo. I want it to be visible :D but at the same time, needs to be covered if needed.(Interviews and stuff.)
  • I am dark skinned, so what colours should i opt for, so that the tattoo comes to life on my skin.
  • Size of the tattoo. How big ? :/
  • What comes after getting the tattoo :/ Maintenance?
  • What to look out for at the artist's place, before getting a tattoo? BTW I am at pune. Any Recommendations ?

location , design , size is all upto you , how can i suggest what you want without knowing you ? ...its a permanent art on your skin , you really want some strangers suggestions on it? , go to a shop , see the artists previous works , see what he is good in doing ie his portfolio

there is absolutely no maintenance ,other than one day of having that plastic over it and applying some lotion , i have one on my upper arm ,wont be visible till i want to show people , only for me and close friends of mine :D .

warning : it is addictive , you will want to get more ....

kindly refrain from chinese letters , you really dont know what they are writing :D

i have 2 tats one on my upper left chest and one on my left underarm area...

First think of the design you want ...it will remain with you forever so think carefully.
Secondly dont listen to what other are saying Its your choice...if they say getting a tattoo is stupid let them say so...they would be doing various things which will be stupid for others.
Third, only dark color looks good on indian skins so go for that.

You can try Mehendi/Henna. Is much much cheaper, and wears off. At least you will not be counted in the gamut of: Permanent proof of temporary insanity.

@ everyone..
thats a whole lot of mixed emotions regarding getting a tattoo :|

decided to hit the gym for a fem months, and develop the biceps and get inked :)
thanks for the help everyone :)

On another matter. How much does the laser treatment which removes a tattoo cost?

haha costs more to remove than getting it done ,

you know what , forget about it , if you are thinking of removing , you really dont want one,

if you really wanted one ,then you wont have asked for others opinions on it, and whosoever said only muscular men should have tattoos , i actually think you want one to showoff rather than yourself ,just to look "cool". bad idea dude, stay away

^^ True, i would be lying if i say i was not planning on showing off !
but, the reason behind asking about the laser treatment is, People change, so do interests and opinions and (girlfriends too) . 5 years down the road, i should not feel, " why oh why did i get this on my skin?? " if i indeed do, i would need to know how it can be removed .
I am in the Hospitality industry, where tattoos are frowned upon so , maybe even that could be a reason in the future

Back