Laptops Thinkpad x220

rajil.s

Adept
I was planning to buy a Thinkpad x220 from ebay US or newegg. Does anybody know if this is available on India?
I also would be interested in knowing your experiences if you have one.

Used x201 to x230, they are very sturdy devices and quite handy with added SSD and RAM.
I don't think x220 comes with USB3.
Also check screen resolution, touch, etc. it may vary from specific model to model.

No, think X250 is available and even not that easy to source.

X220, X230 are pretty nice if you add SSD and good amount of RAM. And I guess these are available at pretty good price in US (used). Only slight negative is not so good display.

I tried quite a bit to get a decent config but finally had to order from US. Waiting for it to arrive next month (T450s)

I can message you a dealer in Bangalore supplying refurbished Thinkpads/Dell latitudes to SMEs. They might or might not have X2x0. Disclaimer - I just have the number(got it while searching) but have not bought anything from them. So dont know how good they are.

Sadly lenovo takes its own sweet time to bring latest models to India - some really outdated systems on their official website. The new T460s is looking like a sweet laptop. I have the T450s at work and it's not too bad either.

Sadly lenovo takes its own sweet time to bring latest models to India - some really outdated systems on their official website. The new T460s is looking like a sweet laptop. I have the T450s at work and it's not too bad either.

That is true not just for laptops, but also for their servers and workstation. Getting a 5th gen Xeon from Dell while Lenovo still has only a 2nd gen Xeon. sad.

I have the X230 Tablet which was bought used last Feb from ebay US. It has been trouble-free so far (totally 3 years old), & is overall a good device.

I have also availed of warranty services for the same & had no trouble whatsoever. In fact, the support was truly praiseworthy. All that was required was the serial no. & I had Lenovo support at my door, ready with a replacement screen. (There was a small white spot on the screen which was nothing more than an irritant, caused probably due to mishandling by the seller or myself).
However, be sure to check what warranty cover the original purchaser has opted for, as I'm sure there will probably be a few different grades.

Also, I hope someone is carrying it across the border for you, because getting used electronics shipped directly to India is not allowed.

X220 has USB 3.0 for i7 models. I know I have one. My laptop has been around since Dec'11. Best investment and tech purchase ever!

No man still going! Fast enough to handle anything I want it to handle. Just got a 256 GB msata as the primary boot drive. Don't have the time to get it installed. Now after a clean install of the os and what not - the laptop will fly. Still gives me 8 hours of battery life - Perfect from 10 AM to 6/6-30 PM. The keyboard is a delight to type on. Fantastic machine.

Back