Thomson 43 inch 4k HDR Android TV @27,999

France based Thomson

Runs on Kitkat and Lolipop

Available through flash sale via Flipkart exclusive

43 inch 4K HDR @ ₹ 27,999

40 inch Full HD @ ₹ 19,990

32 inch HD @ ₹ 13,490

43 inch model runs on Kitkat. No news about support for Indian streaming services as well as Hotstar, SonyLiv etc. Neither does it talk about support for set-top boxes and DTH as in Mi TV

The UI looks stock Android. The image shown has Netflix in it. No idea how it fares well with SD content. No data about PlayStore, Chromecast or Firestick support. There is an icon on the TV images which talks about Miracast

Source : https://gadgets.ndtv.com/tv/news/thomson-smart-tv-price-india-launch-specifications-features-1836797

Including 3 HDMI and 2 USB ports def should pay off.

Any reviews?
Which all video file formats do the Thomson TVs support?

From here:-

The 40" and 43" models support
AVI, MPG, DAT, VOB, DIV, MOV, MKV, RM video formats

Last edited:
KitKat in 2018? The company's probably selling refurbished stuff here. Even those $50 android boxes are running Nougat now.

Thought the same. But that could be fixed through an OTA update, right ? I hope they are not another player who plays the sell and forget game in India.[DOUBLEPOST=1523624277][/DOUBLEPOST]Review

No play store available. Instead they have their own store. In this review, I can see Kodi installed. Not sure whether it was sideloaded, or installed through inbuilt app store.

Last edited:
Given the price tag and the price sensitive nature of Indian market, these TVs could become a big hit. That is only when they give enough support even after they sell the product. Update, after the sales service, respecting warranty etc

It says it uses Samsung / LG panel. In one of the hands on review, it says the panel is decent for the price range. If you are ok with lack of an updated OS, it should work well as a normal TV. Look for more hands on reviews though.

Also, at the moment, we are unclear on the status of availibility of Indian streaming apps.

I had a Thomson CRT 29" back in the day, one of those flat screen type ones with side vertical speakers attached to it. I gave it away when I got my first LCD variant and the person I gave it to actually still uses, it. Still runs without issues after so many years!

Might pick one of these up although I have absolutely no need for a TV right now... for the price it's rather tempting.[DOUBLEPOST=1523941187][/DOUBLEPOST]

A little OT here, but can someone tell me which movie that is which starts from 3:15 of the video?

Thanks!

Whats the price for MI TV and is anyone using it from the entire forum. How is it. How is the after sales service?
The mi TV 32 inch is only HD ready and not full HD. That's it's biggest draw back, 14k price tag not withholding. I wanted to buy it as my computer monitor but dropped the idea after seeing the low resolution. 42 inch is full HD but that's too big for me

Back