Tikona internet connection?

Tikona is the worst in network terms. Horrible service and they bill as if we are paying for their usages not ours. I asked for a demo on Jan 18, 2011 and their idiots called me on 21st Mar last week for my address confirmation, i yelled & insulted him so much that even his boss might not have scold him ever. More to add, they said i applied for some 8mbps ultd. plan costing Rs.22500/- annually, now WTF?? :S It was just a plan inquiry and not an application.

Hopeless, pathetic and what not they deserve i feel like calling them. :mad:

I will rate tikona among all broadbands: --1/10

thats seriously i'm speaking about.

Tikona is pathetic. My friend has it and it never works properly.

funkysourav said:
its funny seeing so many people having horrible experiences with Tikona
i remember i saw some Tech2 review in the TV couple of months ago which gave the verdict "Excellent"
now i have made myself a mental note not to watch Tech2 and their reviews especially their irritating host(the one with the specs)
Yes, I had seen that episode. Not only this, I feel almost all tech shows airing on Indian channels are noobish and cannot be taken at face value. I think these are just PR stuff done by companies.

arun687 said:
Yes, I had seen that episode. Not only this, I feel almost all tech shows airing on Indian channels are noobish and cannot be taken at face value. I think these are just PR stuff done by companies.
Don't forget that they are for a specified audience of tech wannabes & that's why these shows have such high noob quotient... ;)

lol

tikona man said on 26th that he would deliver a demo on 27th ...well it's 29th today,not even a call from them. :mad:

thank u guys....U all saved my 1200 bucks :D............going for a BSNL 750 plan instead :D

"Aapki aukat issi se pata chalti hai. Use kar liya par bill nahin dete."
so i thought that Tikona and mahhua had something in common :rofl:

tikona.jpg
mahua.jpg

I thought WI5 is pathetic it still is but tikona seems to be even worse ...even i am looking for something reliable in my area for the whole least month my WI5 1Mbps wireless plan was giving this :

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-QUVAVvpO4[/media]

they said it will be only like that only ups and downs are part of wireless technology so i made the video....to get consistent 1 Mbps speed i need to go for their dedicated plan for Rs 5000/month lol. Here BSNL gives 512kbps for Rs 500 (rural plan) i am seriously thinking of moving to BSNL.

The problem with WI5 an insider says they have too many people on a single tower thats why all get slow speed ...i dont know how far this is true but both Wi5 and tikona dont offer what they promise so stay well away from them
<

UPDATE : just had an idea even though i am getting strong signal on the present tower the speeds are not good ...so what i just did was tried connecting to a differant tower even though the signalo was not upto the mark and voila what a change :

700MB torrent on utorrent :

q1OQL.png

I am no techie but isnt signal strenght directly propotional to speed ? then how am i saturating the connection speed even on low signal ?
<

Look at the ping now lol :

http://www.speedtest.../1825053822.png

I think I am getting a special treatment from tikona
<

Have been using it from past 3 months. No problems faced till now.

Get 2Mbps upto 8 GB and 512 KBps after that, as promised.

Just now ran a speedtest. ( I have already exceeded the 8 GB quote for this month )

please dont go for [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]tikona broadband / wireless connection. It is pathetic. My friend is fighting a case with them cus of their horrible service. Initially he was promised an unlimited account by their sales personnel. Later on after usage of some time he came to know that it was a limited connection and he was presented with a bill of 9k+ in the first month itself for over usage. [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]now they fail to acknowledge the sales personnel and told him to find that guy and bring him.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]this is how they treat the customers, by over billing and telling get the person who sold you the connection. [/font]

It works well for some, and not so much for others, it's just that simple.

If you get good wired net in your area, then don't opt for this.

Good I read this thread. Have been using Reliance WiMax for 2 1/2 yrs at my home and have finally gotten sick and tired and completely pissed off at their customer service. Was actually considering a switch to Tikona since I don't have the luxury of choice as far as ISP's with high-speed unlimited plans go. Will never go for MTNL and Hathway coz in my area (south mumbai, churchgate) they totally suck, and You Tele and 5 Net unfortunately not in my area yet. Am desperate to get rid of Reliance tho as their customer service/tech support is run by monkeys, but since Tikona sounds exactly the same, here's hoping I actually find something decent quick. Anyone in south mumbai around churchgate/marine drive area have a reco for a good isp (preferably 2mbps unlimited) pls post if you can help. Till then I suffer...... :(.

Good I read this thread. Have been using Reliance WiMax for 2 1/2 yrs at my home and have finally gotten sick and tired and completely pissed off at their customer service. Was actually considering a switch to Tikona since I don't have the luxury of choice as far as ISP's with high-speed unlimited plans go. Will never go for MTNL and Hathway coz in my area (south mumbai, churchgate) they totally suck, and You Tele and 5 Net unfortunately not in my area yet. Am desperate to get rid of Reliance tho as their customer service/tech support is run by monkeys, but since Tikona sounds exactly the same, here's hoping I actually find something decent quick. Anyone in south mumbai around churchgate/marine drive area have a reco for a good isp (preferably 2mbps unlimited) pls post if you can help. Till then I suffer...... :(.

How does Reliance WiMax run? Good for gaming? What kind of latency do you get?

(Except the customer support, as that differs from state to state)

Don't even think about getting tikona. They are the worst isp in India if you ask me. I had requested for a disconnection in February and had sent a mail to them asking for the same but i didn't get any kind of reply from them, so after waiting for a week or so i called their customer care in march and requested them for a disconnection and they said that my account is showing internet usage for the month of march (although i had disconnected the modem and had already taken a new connection from my local cable guy) and once i pay the bill and there is a zero usage in my account they will register a request for disconnection. So i paid the bill for the month of march and waited for their reply and instead of getting a reply from them i kept getting bills from them and last week when i called them again to complaint about this, they are saying that there is internet usage from my account and i need to pay the bill for the last two months!!! So i will request all of you to not even think about getting a tikona connection however attractive their plan may look.

The worst service on the face of our planet, if you have time and truck loads of patience please try them and get ready for the nightmare in advance.

How does Reliance WiMax run? Good for gaming? What kind of latency do you get?

(Except the customer support, as that differs from state to state)

Not sure as I'm not a gamer but from the reviews I've read Reliance USED to be very good for gaming - no port blocking, good for dc hubs, etc. = but don't know whether that scenario still exists today.

Back